Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The FA 18:06 - Nov 10 with 2643 viewssaint22

another one for all those who don't think there is a systemic racism problem in this country

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54894864

The FA on 14:29 - Nov 12 with 486 viewsBicester_North

The FA on 14:00 - Nov 12 by DorsetIan

Mainly differences in history, culture, tradition, but sometimes also religion, and sometimes physiological differences too.

Do you think that Jewish people should be allowed to refer to the fact that historically they have been the subject of enormous persecution, that they observe lots traditions unique to them (including around food), that some of them adopt a very unusual dress code?

Or should do all these things cause anti-semitism, so should be discouraged?

All historical incidents like slavery and the Holocaust should be taught and remembered, definitely. History extremely important.
And different religions and cultures are free to carry them out in the UK as long as they’re legal.

Once history is taught and learned then what’s the point of constantly pointing out differences and categorising people? It amazes me people want this country to follow the USA in their crackpot racial obsession.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The FA on 15:10 - Nov 12 with 455 viewsDorsetIan

The FA on 14:29 - Nov 12 by Bicester_North

All historical incidents like slavery and the Holocaust should be taught and remembered, definitely. History extremely important.
And different religions and cultures are free to carry them out in the UK as long as they’re legal.

Once history is taught and learned then what’s the point of constantly pointing out differences and categorising people? It amazes me people want this country to follow the USA in their crackpot racial obsession.

Isn't the point that those who are asking for their history to be recognised obviously don't feel that their history has been 'taught and learned' yet.

My view, for what it's worth, is that 'this constantly pointing out differences and categorising people' (as you put it) is what puts the issue on the agenda. You think that that causes people to switch off/react against it. For some people it will. I think it makes people think about about the issues, it can help mutual understanding, and ultimately it moves things forward.

I also have an instinctive to reaction to any argument that says - 'oh we should really stop talking about all this'. Because that just leaves things exactly as they are, and the voices I hear want things to improve.

Can't make an omelette without breaking eggs etc.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The FA on 17:03 - Nov 12 with 432 viewssaint22

The FA on 14:29 - Nov 12 by Bicester_North

"crackpot racial obsession"
What you mean racism??
Are you serious?
The FA on 17:10 - Nov 12 with 431 viewsBicester_North

The FA on 17:03 - Nov 12 by saint22

"crackpot racial obsession"
What you mean racism??
Are you serious?

What are you on about you thick, blithering, trolling wreck?
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:10]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The FA on 18:55 - Nov 12 with 393 viewssaint22

The FA on 17:10 - Nov 12 by Bicester_North

What are you on about you thick, blithering, trolling wreck?
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:10]

pot kettle
The FA on 23:57 - Nov 12 with 355 viewsSadoldgit

When you fill in a form for a job application, mortgage, whatever, how often do you have to specify ethnicity, gender, religion etc? If we are you are saying that we shouldn’t descriminate, why do we ask so many questions that are discriminatory on application forms?
The FA on 07:46 - Nov 13 with 320 viewsJaySaint

The FA on 23:57 - Nov 12 by Sadoldgit

When you fill in a form for a job application, mortgage, whatever, how often do you have to specify ethnicity, gender, religion etc? If we are you are saying that we shouldn’t descriminate, why do we ask so many questions that are discriminatory on application forms?

how else can all the information that tells us we are all racist, get collated?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The FA on 08:34 - Nov 13 with 311 viewsdwayne_dibley

The FA on 07:46 - Nov 13 by JaySaint

how else can all the information that tells us we are all racist, get collated?

simple, if you are over 40 and white then you are a racist, sexist bigot.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024