Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham 20:19 - Nov 16 with 462 viewsChesham_Saint

Apparently being bought by Ryan Reynolds and some other Hollywood fella I’ve never heard of. They say they’re going to turn the club into a global force.

How fvcking naive is that on a scale of 1 to 10?

To do that you’d have to be a billionaire several times over (and that’s before financial fair play) and no film star has that wealth.

Still the Goggs seem happy. Good for them and all that, but really?
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 20:20]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Wrexham on 20:44 - Nov 16 with 427 viewsSaintNick

They can try but will find it hard with only about 4,000 watching and a salary cap of £1,500 a week in Leagues 1 & 2

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Wrexham on 21:29 - Nov 16 with 404 viewsSaintsforeverj

They have a record attendance of 34 000. This is way more than any other club in their current league. They actually have a big following for their level, and a decent stadium. Not too many clubs nearby, so they could get a quite a healthy fan base. I can see why an owner might enjoy trying to get them climbing the leagues and possibly becoming a force.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Wrexham on 23:05 - Nov 16 with 358 viewsChesham_Saint

Wrexham on 21:29 - Nov 16 by Saintsforeverj

They have a record attendance of 34 000. This is way more than any other club in their current league. They actually have a big following for their level, and a decent stadium. Not too many clubs nearby, so they could get a quite a healthy fan base. I can see why an owner might enjoy trying to get them climbing the leagues and possibly becoming a force.

Charlton have a record attendance of over 75,000 and have a massive catchment area. There are plenty of examples of teams with massive potential...on paper.

These guys are talking about becoming a “world force” which sadly, is plainly ludicrous. Not only would it cost upwards of £1bn, that’s also assuming that every other club in their way essentially stood still.

I know Man U for example, are seemingly doing their best to regress at the moment but I think the barriers to entry for a club in Wrexham’s position are (I believe) essentially insurmountable with the current system.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024