Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should VAR be scrapped 16:53 - Nov 22 with 452 viewsBicester_North

Should VAR be scrapped

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Should VAR be scrapped on 16:55 - Nov 22 with 450 viewsBicester_North

Seems to be more bad decisions made now than there ever used to be. I initially though it would level the field and stop the big clubs getting all the decisions, but it just seems to be confusing even the players and refs now as the rules are so complicated.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Should VAR be scrapped on 13:14 - Nov 23 with 339 viewsgeezershoong1

If you introduce something to improve the game and it makes it worse, it's a failure.
Somebody's making a lot of money though. Do we know if prominent figures in football have shares in VAR maybe..?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Should VAR be scrapped on 13:22 - Nov 23 with 335 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pepe was rightly caught headbutting by VAR and was sent off. If you take away VAR completely, he wouldn't have been sent off. There are good things about VAR too. I voted to keep VAR but change it. The off side and handball rule need looking at, but other than that, VAR helps the ref, it just needs refining.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Should VAR be scrapped on 14:35 - Nov 23 with 316 viewsChesham_Saint

Should VAR be scrapped on 13:22 - Nov 23 by Saintsforeverj

Pepe was rightly caught headbutting by VAR and was sent off. If you take away VAR completely, he wouldn't have been sent off. There are good things about VAR too. I voted to keep VAR but change it. The off side and handball rule need looking at, but other than that, VAR helps the ref, it just needs refining.

Well I suppose it would have meant that we would have won away at Highbury that time that Arsenal tvvat (Paul Davis?) blind-sided Glenn Cockerill and broke his jaw.

On the other hand Ruddock would have been sent off nearly every time he played....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:22 - Nov 23 with 290 viewsDorsetIan

If they are going to change it, they need to forget about tweaking it and go back to the drawing board and start again.

Seems that even those who want it to stay think it needs to be changed. Over 90% dissatisfied with it is a pretty damning verdict.

It's an absolute scandal that they still keep using it in its current form. And they had a whole lockdown period to sort it out too!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:27 - Nov 23 with 286 viewsSaintsforeverj

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:22 - Nov 23 by DorsetIan

If they are going to change it, they need to forget about tweaking it and go back to the drawing board and start again.

Seems that even those who want it to stay think it needs to be changed. Over 90% dissatisfied with it is a pretty damning verdict.

It's an absolute scandal that they still keep using it in its current form. And they had a whole lockdown period to sort it out too!

I like the ref going to the monitor. Surely for an offside or a handball, surely the ref could go to the monitor and apply some common sense I. E a toe offside because the player has big feet shouldn't count and so on. The ref should have more say, rather than a computer. If the ref gets it wrong, well he can be held to account, like the old days but the VAR enables a second look.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 15:28]

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:34 - Nov 23 with 275 viewsDorsetIan

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:27 - Nov 23 by Saintsforeverj

I like the ref going to the monitor. Surely for an offside or a handball, surely the ref could go to the monitor and apply some common sense I. E a toe offside because the player has big feet shouldn't count and so on. The ref should have more say, rather than a computer. If the ref gets it wrong, well he can be held to account, like the old days but the VAR enables a second look.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 15:28]

The video assistance for offside should provide a view from the touchline and without any stupid drawn on lines. In other words, something approximating to what a linesman could see.

And there should be a special change in the rule that states that players 'in line' are not offside. At the moment the rule refers to any part of the body being in front of the defender and its that definition which means that cases that for any competent linesman are 'in line' can still be offside.

They should also abolish all slow motion for reviews. If a decision is not obviously wrong in real time, then it's not obviously wrong.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:39 - Nov 23 with 270 viewsSaintsforeverj

Should VAR be scrapped on 15:34 - Nov 23 by DorsetIan

The video assistance for offside should provide a view from the touchline and without any stupid drawn on lines. In other words, something approximating to what a linesman could see.

And there should be a special change in the rule that states that players 'in line' are not offside. At the moment the rule refers to any part of the body being in front of the defender and its that definition which means that cases that for any competent linesman are 'in line' can still be offside.

They should also abolish all slow motion for reviews. If a decision is not obviously wrong in real time, then it's not obviously wrong.

Yeah agree with taking away the lines. The ref should still go to the monitor and see the replay, in order to make a common sense decision so that we are not talking about toes and finger nails. I still like the idea of having the replay, in case the ref has made a big mistake but these mm decisions need to stop in my opinion. And as you say, take a way the lines and we won't even know if a part of the body is in front by a mm.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 15:42]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024