Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? 10:40 - Nov 29 with 315 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53520/will-saints-again-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 306 viewsInsideOut

A fun article but let's have some fact checking:

ManU are looking for their 4th away win on the trot. After 8 games this season they are averaging 1.625 points a game. If they win their next 2 games they'll be on 19 points from 10 games an average of 1.9 points a game, which is what Chelsea will be averaging if they can get a draw against Spurs today. Saints are currently averaging 1.89 points a game, if we lose today that'll drop to 1.7

Fine margins, they are not so far off contention for a europe spot all things considered. As much as I hope / believe we can win today, it's unlikely to be a thrashing and sacking for OGS.

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 11:34 - Nov 29 with 280 viewsSaintNick

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 11:05 - Nov 29 by InsideOut

A fun article but let's have some fact checking:

ManU are looking for their 4th away win on the trot. After 8 games this season they are averaging 1.625 points a game. If they win their next 2 games they'll be on 19 points from 10 games an average of 1.9 points a game, which is what Chelsea will be averaging if they can get a draw against Spurs today. Saints are currently averaging 1.89 points a game, if we lose today that'll drop to 1.7

Fine margins, they are not so far off contention for a europe spot all things considered. As much as I hope / believe we can win today, it's unlikely to be a thrashing and sacking for OGS.

I have covered United's away from in the preview which is up in about 10 mins, United are good on the road, but it should be said that although they have won 3 and scored 10 goals, they have also conceded 5.

Seasons are over 38 games every side will lose a game or two along the way and you are right things couldbe different in a couple of weeks.

But today's game is the one that counts and sometimes individual defeats are the straw that breaks the camels back, Atkinson didn't get the sack because United lost a League cup game at the Del, he was sacked because they weren't challenging for the League title title

If United lose today, it is clear that after two years things have got worse at old trafford not better, they have a club legend as manager, but he has no real experience of managing at the levels that United want.

I think if United lose today by any score and are sat 14th in the league come this evening Solskjaer will be lucky to last the week and Mauricio Pochettino will be in charge by next weekend

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 11:46 - Nov 29 with 269 viewsInsideOut

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 11:34 - Nov 29 by SaintNick

I have covered United's away from in the preview which is up in about 10 mins, United are good on the road, but it should be said that although they have won 3 and scored 10 goals, they have also conceded 5.

Seasons are over 38 games every side will lose a game or two along the way and you are right things couldbe different in a couple of weeks.

But today's game is the one that counts and sometimes individual defeats are the straw that breaks the camels back, Atkinson didn't get the sack because United lost a League cup game at the Del, he was sacked because they weren't challenging for the League title title

If United lose today, it is clear that after two years things have got worse at old trafford not better, they have a club legend as manager, but he has no real experience of managing at the levels that United want.

I think if United lose today by any score and are sat 14th in the league come this evening Solskjaer will be lucky to last the week and Mauricio Pochettino will be in charge by next weekend

This post has been edited by an administrator

I hope you're right cos it would mean we beat them today. It certainly seems true (I don't have the stats) that teams often sack managers who lose against Saints, as if it's somehow the lowest of the low. On the other hand, the longer OGS stays in the job the better for the rest of us ;)

I find it hard to believe their board will sack a manager who would be near the top of the table if he can win their games in hand though. Also, they seem to be doing alright when when Pogba doesn't play. If they've now accepted that and moved on, why do they need to sack the manager ?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 12:00]

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 226 viewsSaintNick

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 11:46 - Nov 29 by InsideOut

I hope you're right cos it would mean we beat them today. It certainly seems true (I don't have the stats) that teams often sack managers who lose against Saints, as if it's somehow the lowest of the low. On the other hand, the longer OGS stays in the job the better for the rest of us ;)

I find it hard to believe their board will sack a manager who would be near the top of the table if he can win their games in hand though. Also, they seem to be doing alright when when Pogba doesn't play. If they've now accepted that and moved on, why do they need to sack the manager ?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 12:00]

United were 6th in the table when Mourinho left

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 13:13 - Nov 29 with 222 viewsInsideOut

Will Saints Again End The Reign Of A Manchester United Manager ? on 13:10 - Nov 29 by SaintNick

United were 6th in the table when Mourinho left

How many points off the top / champs league places ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024