Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ifollows poor services 14:34 - Dec 12 with 2195 viewsMasher

I was just wondering if there was any way of getting rid of this joke of a company and the club setting up their own services like several other clubs have done. There is always lots of complaints of it not working and abysmal customer care service. I have been waiting for a refund since the 3rd of November when the video didnt work and half the game had passed before i was asked what they could do to help which is why i asked for the refund. Nearly 6 weeks on and its still not happened. This lot seem to think they can do what they want and not be accountable.

Up The Dale!!

Ifollows poor services on 14:43 - Dec 12 with 2154 views442Dale

Which other EFL clubs have a different service?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ifollows poor services on 14:46 - Dec 12 with 2135 viewsMasher

Ifollows poor services on 14:43 - Dec 12 by 442Dale

AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 14:49]

Up The Dale!!

Ifollows poor services on 14:46 - Dec 12 with 2132 viewsDalenet

I am finding the signal bad today yet my ISP is showing I have full 400mbps. It's hit and miss. Only a tenner and I don't have any high expectations to be honest
Ifollows poor services on 14:48 - Dec 12 with 2116 viewsTVOS1907

Ifollows poor services on 14:46 - Dec 12 by Masher

AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 14:49]

Presumably tied in to their time in the Premier League?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ifollows poor services on 14:48 - Dec 12 with 2116 viewsSandyman

Ifollows poor services on 14:43 - Dec 12 by 442Dale

Bolton have their own radio station, and it's free.
Ifollows poor services on 14:49 - Dec 12 with 2110 viewselectricblue

Like the preseason friendlies that where on youtube i would be interested and i know my brother would aswell..
Ifollow seems to be an utter rubbish service for all the heart ache caused on match days.
Is there a binding contract with the EFL clubs to use ifollow !

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ifollows poor services on 14:50 - Dec 12 with 2099 viewsboromat

Ifollows poor services on 14:48 - Dec 12 by Sandyman

And we all pay for it....

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ifollows poor services on 14:51 - Dec 12 with 2097 viewsTVOS1907

Ifollows poor services on 14:49 - Dec 12 by electricblue

Like the preseason friendlies that where on youtube i would be interested and i know my brother would aswell..
Ifollow seems to be an utter rubbish service for all the heart ache caused on match days.
Is there a binding contract with the EFL clubs to use ifollow !

Yes, although ex-Prem clubs and possibly those promoted from the National League may well be tied into something else for a period of time.

Login to get fewer ads

Ifollows poor services on 14:52 - Dec 12 with 2093 viewsMasher

Ifollows poor services on 14:48 - Dec 12 by TVOS1907

Presumably tied in to their time in the Premier League?

Can't remember how long ifollow has been going but i'm quite sure some of these clubs have never been in the premier league since ifollow started.

Up The Dale!!

Ifollows poor services on 14:55 - Dec 12 with 2067 viewsTappers

I watched a game other night by filmmymatch ok it was National league but not once did it stop or buffer. And £5.99 worth every penny. I have also asked for refund weeks ago heard nothing.
Ifollows poor services on 14:55 - Dec 12 with 2065 viewsMasher

Ifollows poor services on 14:46 - Dec 12 by Dalenet

I am finding the signal bad today yet my ISP is showing I have full 400mbps. It's hit and miss. Only a tenner and I don't have any high expectations to be honest

Even if it is only a tenner doesn't give them a right to be unaccountable for a crap service. These are not isolated incidents there are people every game that have issues with it and are paying good money for it

Up The Dale!!

Ifollows poor services on 15:01 - Dec 12 with 2034 views442Dale

Fact is the service will be part of the overall contract with ifollow/whoever it is who provides the website platform. We’re unlikely to have the resources to turn that support down, especially when this watching matches is just a temporary thing in the UK. When crowds do return to capacity, they’ll no longer be able to show them.

That in itself may be part of the problems that do occur. Yes, they shouldn’t be happening, but at no stage was it designed for thousands of fans across the country to all be watching at once. The resultant issues like refunds etc will be at a level they won’t have ever expected too.

Ifollows poor services on 15:04 - Dec 12 with 2021 views49thseason

Ifollows poor services on 14:48 - Dec 12 by Sandyman

No it isn't free, its paid for by the BBC tax that they extort from pensioners, and the disabled and rich and poor alike by threatening with and in too many cases, taking them to court for non payment. The whole BBC extortion racket needs to be sold off.

There is nothing that the BBC do that couldn't be done better by local people and local businesses at zero cost to the public.
Ifollows poor services on 15:09 - Dec 12 with 2006 viewsTVOS1907

Ifollows poor services on 15:04 - Dec 12 by 49thseason

No it isn't free, its paid for by the BBC tax that they extort from pensioners, and the disabled and rich and poor alike by threatening with and in too many cases, taking them to court for non payment. The whole BBC extortion racket needs to be sold off.

There is nothing that the BBC do that couldn't be done better by local people and local businesses at zero cost to the public.

I think you've missed Sandyman's humorous point!

Ifollows poor services on 12:20 - Dec 13 with 1752 viewsMasher

Ifollows poor services on 15:01 - Dec 12 by 442Dale

Fact is the service will be part of the overall contract with ifollow/whoever it is who provides the website platform. We’re unlikely to have the resources to turn that support down, especially when this watching matches is just a temporary thing in the UK. When crowds do return to capacity, they’ll no longer be able to show them.

That in itself may be part of the problems that do occur. Yes, they shouldn’t be happening, but at no stage was it designed for thousands of fans across the country to all be watching at once. The resultant issues like refunds etc will be at a level they won’t have ever expected too.

The video service has been a worldwide service for quite a while now. Surely thousands would be watching from overseas too. If they can provide for overseas subscribers there's no reason we should be having all this trouble in the UK unless of course someone who subscribes from overseas can enlighten us to something different. Many people even struggled to get the audio service in the UK before the pandemic even started. If the club had their own service wouldn't they receive the lions share of the income and maybe even make it more profitable than what they get from ifollow?

Up The Dale!!

Ifollows poor services on 13:53 - Dec 13 with 1685 views442Dale

Ifollows poor services on 12:20 - Dec 13 by Masher

The video service has been a worldwide service for quite a while now. Surely thousands would be watching from overseas too. If they can provide for overseas subscribers there's no reason we should be having all this trouble in the UK unless of course someone who subscribes from overseas can enlighten us to something different. Many people even struggled to get the audio service in the UK before the pandemic even started. If the club had their own service wouldn't they receive the lions share of the income and maybe even make it more profitable than what they get from ifollow?

Using Dale as an example, you’d think that our viewers abroad could be, say 100, there were six times that watching the Plymouth game. It’s the increase in demand and subsequent issues that they may struggle with.
For example, if 2% of people have an issue when viewing abroad, extrapolated over a bigger number it appears a larger problem. Again, that’s not an excuse for them not to improve.

What’s to say the club’s own service wouldn’t have similar problems and maybe most clubs are happy with the profit margins. As noted, it would be a big risk anyway as there will come a time when fans in the UK won’t be able to watch games and demand will decrease massively. The uncertainty combined with the guaranteed income at present will mean nothing will change in the short term. Hopefully ifollow will continue to look to make their service better for customers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024