Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract 13:53 - Dec 15 with 2008 viewsI_would

I see Hassenaclue is trying to justify his mistake in giving Long a 2 year extension at a cost of £6m for a player he now realizes is not very good at anything. Well, we could have told him that before he wasted the club's money. Ralph sure does need an assistant.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 22:39 - Dec 15 with 541 viewsdirk_doone

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 22:32 - Dec 15 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah, I think Long is an outstanding player.

As I said, there is nothing wrong with a bit of humour every now and then

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 22:59 - Dec 15 with 505 viewsSaintsforeverj

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 22:39 - Dec 15 by dirk_doone

As I said, there is nothing wrong with a bit of humour every now and then

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/976581?TAG=Goal%20of%20the%20Day

Long is amazing. Look at this outstanding goal. 🤪

And he scored the fastest PL goal ever. 😛

I think he's wonderful.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:02]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 23:29 - Dec 15 with 492 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 14:28 - Dec 15 by I_would

Yes, Prowsey's tackles resemble a baby bear attacking Big Daddy Bear and he earns PT cash impersonating a run by the Six Million Dollar Man, but, as long as he's producing I'm as happy as anyone else. Unfortunately Long only seems to produce a late opposition goal of late.

Skate c*nt.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 23:42 - Dec 15 with 481 viewsBicester_North

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 23:29 - Dec 15 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Skate c*nt.

Exactly

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 23:57 - Dec 15 with 470 viewsdirk_doone

All of your football heroes have to retire in the end, even Shane Long. I still remember how devastated I was when Ted Bates sold Terry Paine to Hereford. BUT, I honestly think our current first team squad is better with one of our youngsters replacing Shane Long. If he went back to one of his earlier clubs, like Cork City or Reading, he would be a legend, which is what he should aspire to.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 8:55]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 08:19 - Dec 16 with 396 viewsJaySaint

If shane long left today without any new incomings, would we notice?
highly unlikely.

great pro but time to move on

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 08:57 - Dec 16 with 379 viewsChesham_Saint

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 08:19 - Dec 16 by JaySaint

If shane long left today without any new incomings, would we notice?
highly unlikely.

great pro but time to move on

As I said, a) we don’t know what his salary is now and it could have been vastly reduced and b) Ralph is trying to build something with all the teams at Saints, so a man like Long who he believes is a great influence on kids could really help with that transition. On balance I’ll go with Ralph’s decision and if he offloads Long in January or the summer then that’s fine also.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 09:54 - Dec 16 with 371 viewsMessysaints

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 08:57 - Dec 16 by Chesham_Saint

As I said, a) we don’t know what his salary is now and it could have been vastly reduced and b) Ralph is trying to build something with all the teams at Saints, so a man like Long who he believes is a great influence on kids could really help with that transition. On balance I’ll go with Ralph’s decision and if he offloads Long in January or the summer then that’s fine also.

i agree, his personality, his determination, his effort, his aggression, it is all things Ralph likes in his team and is the perfect example of a ralph type of player, can picture him being amazing around youth players and as an influential figure in the dressing room and training ground giving 110 % even though he knows he is highly unlikely to play... Perfect professional and i hope he retires and moves into coaching here, just dont let him teach the kids how to finish.... haha

I am happy he is here / still here, has been a great player for the club, not so much in terms of goals, but he never stops, gives 110 % which for me personally, its the most important thing, having 11 players on the field giving 110 % is one of the reasons we find our selfs in 4th currently.

hope we can keep it going all season
Login to get fewer ads

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 11:49 - Dec 16 with 354 viewsKennington

Long - Is he the worst player in the premiership? Let's give him a £6m contract on 09:54 - Dec 16 by Messysaints

i agree, his personality, his determination, his effort, his aggression, it is all things Ralph likes in his team and is the perfect example of a ralph type of player, can picture him being amazing around youth players and as an influential figure in the dressing room and training ground giving 110 % even though he knows he is highly unlikely to play... Perfect professional and i hope he retires and moves into coaching here, just dont let him teach the kids how to finish.... haha

I am happy he is here / still here, has been a great player for the club, not so much in terms of goals, but he never stops, gives 110 % which for me personally, its the most important thing, having 11 players on the field giving 110 % is one of the reasons we find our selfs in 4th currently.

hope we can keep it going all season

100% surely?

It’s a bit like those Jamie Redknapp-isms, such as the player is literally walking through brick walls.

110% is one of my footballing cliche pet hates.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024