Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time For The FA To Step Up 14:57 - Jan 2 with 704 viewsTimSaint

With so many Prem players breaking Covid rules of late, now is a perfect opportunity for the FA to step up and introduce tough measures.

Spurs - 3 players
West Ham - 1 player
Fulham - 1 player
Palace - 1 player

Plus all those others in the first lockdown, such as Kyle Walker, Mount, Rice, Zaha, Grealish, etc etc

If they take the hard line and impose bans and fines, it should make players think twice.

I reckon a 3 or 5 match ban, together with a £50,000 fine, would be a sufficient deterant.

TimSaint

Time For The FA To Step Up on 14:58 - Jan 2 with 693 viewsJaySaint

I totally agree. Not that I agree with lockdown, but I do follow the rules..

The players need to sort their heads out...

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Time For The FA To Step Up on 15:29 - Jan 2 with 653 viewskingslandstand1

Even more so as it is genuinely causing disruption to the leagues with games having to be cancelled and the rows that is now causing

As a slight aside I think Everton certainly seem to have a case so do we await the lawsuit against Man City or the EPL as they must have had enough players fit and able to play?
Time For The FA To Step Up on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 597 viewsSadoldgit

No surprise that a few flouted the rules early on but there really is no excuse now. The FA probably should bring in a banning system but I would prefer to see clubs take responsibility themselves and bring in their own heavy fines/bans.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 0:15]
Time For The FA To Step Up on 19:50 - Jan 2 with 534 viewsBazza

Since all clubs have 26 named first team players (plus others) why are games cancelled? Obviously if there is a general COVID risk in the club that’s necessary but if players were normally sick or injured games would go ahead.
Time For The FA To Step Up on 21:17 - Jan 2 with 487 viewsBlue

Time For The FA To Step Up on 15:29 - Jan 2 by kingslandstand1

Even more so as it is genuinely causing disruption to the leagues with games having to be cancelled and the rows that is now causing

As a slight aside I think Everton certainly seem to have a case so do we await the lawsuit against Man City or the EPL as they must have had enough players fit and able to play?

Why do Everton have a case, genuine question?

Agree with the original post, anyone flouting the rules should be instantly banned for a month.

Still stood in the Kippax

Time For The FA To Step Up on 21:44 - Jan 2 with 470 viewskingslandstand1

Time For The FA To Step Up on 21:17 - Jan 2 by Blue

Why do Everton have a case, genuine question?

Agree with the original post, anyone flouting the rules should be instantly banned for a month.

From what I've read (no insider knowledge!!) the rules agreed by all at the start of all this was that a club had to have enough players available to put a team out and I'm sure a club with City's squad would have ben able to do that. Not just the squad situation but also the short notice apparently given
To my knowledge the EPL have still not responded to Everton's request for a proper explanation
Time For The FA To Step Up on 22:04 - Jan 2 with 457 viewsTimSaint

Time For The FA To Step Up on 17:23 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

No surprise that a few flouted the rules early on but there really is no excuse now. The FA probably should bring in a banning system but I would prefer to see clubs take responsibility themselves and bring in their own heavy fines/bans.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 0:15]

Clubs take responsibility ? Honestly ?

In the wake of the recent NYE naughty boy episodes, most of the clubs I have mentioned in my original post have already made official statements. They just spout the usual rubbish - he is sorry / he didn't know / he will learn / we will teach him / we will clean our training ground etc.

They won't fine their players even if they say they will and they certainly won't be issuing bans to their players during the busiest time of the season. That is why I said it is the FA that should step up. They have the power and it is time they used it.

TimSaint

Time For The FA To Step Up on 00:16 - Jan 3 with 393 viewsSadoldgit

Time For The FA To Step Up on 22:04 - Jan 2 by TimSaint

Clubs take responsibility ? Honestly ?

In the wake of the recent NYE naughty boy episodes, most of the clubs I have mentioned in my original post have already made official statements. They just spout the usual rubbish - he is sorry / he didn't know / he will learn / we will teach him / we will clean our training ground etc.

They won't fine their players even if they say they will and they certainly won't be issuing bans to their players during the busiest time of the season. That is why I said it is the FA that should step up. They have the power and it is time they used it.

I didn’t say that clubs would take the responsibility themselves, just that I would prefer it if they did. After all, it is in their own interest that their players look after themselves isn’t it?
Login to get fewer ads

Time For The FA To Step Up on 07:27 - Jan 3 with 345 viewsBerber

The legal penalties for Covid breaches are trivial for PL footballers. Clubs are only allowed to fine two weeks maximum for disciplinary breaches aren't they? It is difficult to drop players for prolonged periods if vying for a place for Europe, or to avoid relegation and you know they would be on the pitch fighting for the cause otherwise. So a two week wage fine / slap on the wrist is about as far as it will go.

What a sorry state of affairs when clubs pursue each other through the courts. I am pretty sure that the FA and PL have rules in the membership agreement that clubs will abide by their rules and disciplinary procedures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024