Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sluggish & Dithering? 03:43 - Jan 26 with 2484 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I only post to portray what I consider to be sensible " common sense " views - and show as I see things! At the same time I respect others who have different viewpoints, and thank god at present we in the UK - live in a democracy. This post is to point out if others were not aware, HOW RESTRICTED IT WAS TO BE IN THE EU! I admit it's going to be a more time - consuming of filling in forms and visa application forms if I wish to visit countries in Europe - and have to Que for passport control, what a pain?

On the other hand many commentators report the EU are being Sluggish & Dithering? with regard to releasing the COVID-19 vaccine to the countries of the EU? An example - They are having a THIRD meeting to discuss what happened in the previous 2! If you had not realized it by now - the EU IS a dictatorship - to-day's example Concerns over vaccine supply on the continent have prompted the European Union to tell pharmaceutical companies they can only export to Britain with explicit permission from the bloc. While still in the EU,we could not sneeze unless we "HAD THE permission of these unelected overpaid bureaucrats !!
So with all of this EU's dithering - let them get on with that !

Meanwhile, we are NOW free to have 6.5 MILLION of our citizens vaccinated against COVID-19, already!!
Between the 2 - which one is more important to you?

We could also NOT do as a member of the EU - As the headlines say -- BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. So let's be more positive please!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 8:29]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Sluggish & Dithering? on 22:09 - Jan 27 with 525 viewsSadoldgit

Sluggish & Dithering? on 17:33 - Jan 27 by Bison

Foreign Aid per capita -

United States $95.52
United Kingdom $284.85
Germany $214.73
European Union institutions $27.03

Some people see what they want t see. I just don't get why so many Brits hate the Brits to the extent they actively try and put the Brits down. We are a strange nation.

I’m sure you are bright enough to understand that criticism doesn’t equal hate Bison.
Sluggish & Dithering? on 07:48 - Jan 28 with 466 viewsBerber

The appearance of the EU acting like dictators arises mostly from the fact that due to the requirement to ensure that all nations are adequately represented in the EU institutions, they seldom have the best people in the top line jobs. Second raters from smaller countries generally like to throw their weight about.

Who in the world had heard of the Luxembourg Finance Minister who ended up as the president of the EU? I generally detest the leech Farage, but he was right about that one. Who had heard of Ursula von Leyen before the bid to be president? It isn't like she was a frontrunner in setting policy in Germany before her appointment.

Most of the British folk to filled the posts in Europe were not front runners in delivering the history of the UK. Kinnock the pompous, Mandleson the weasel mouth as examples?
Sluggish & Dithering? on 08:29 - Jan 28 with 447 viewsRon11

Sluggish & Dithering? on 18:19 - Jan 26 by 1885_SFC

I agree with the OP. We have swiftly got on with vaccinating the country while the EU has dithered with it's usual red tape & bureaucracy. Now they're just being spiteful by withholding doses of the vaccine outside of the EU because, no matter what, Brexit Britain mustn't be seen as doing well!

And there's me thinking that - during project fear - we were told we would run out of medicines with a no deal. Despite a deal being done however, it's possible we may run short of vaccine doses after all... but only because of EU spitefulness.

It's actually not the European Union anymore.
It's now the Ego Union.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024