Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EU - Astra Zeneca Deal 13:16 - Jan 29 with 2924 viewsBerber

From the redacted bits published, it looks like the first 100m by Q1 are "Best Reasonable Efforts" which as usual means just that. The "Binding" statement is in the paragraph about the total initial commitment to buy 300m.

Based on the b0llocks from the EU Justice Minister slagging off the UK, it looks like he knows that they haven't really got a leg to stand on and is trying to levelage emotional blackmail to make us give up some of the UK vaccine volume, which is more tightly legally committed to. Dare I suggest that the mighty EU contract negotiators have been well and truly tupped? These are the people who were mocking the UK as we had "no suitable experience of negotiating contracts" before Brexit.
EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 08:15 - Jan 30 with 993 viewsRon11

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 15:40 - Jan 29 by Heisenberg

Accept it. Your assertion that increased paperwork for teachers etc is because of EU requirements is quite frankly ridiculous. I've heard some stupid arguments on both sides and that one is up there.

Oh well, perhaps we should have stayed in then.
EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 08:19 - Jan 30 with 990 viewsRon11

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 18:14 - Jan 29 by 1885_SFC

So, in a nutshell, AstraZeneca reached a preliminary deal with Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands - a group known as the 'Inclusive Vaccine Alliance' - on June 13th... but the EU insisted that the Inclusive Vaccine Alliance cannot formalise the deal. Cue lots of EU red tape, bureaucracy and dithering... fast forward a further 2 months to August... when the EU finally decides that it does require millions of doses after all.

That's what happens when you have to wait for 26 countries to agree on something.

When the UK does finally start shipping the covid vaccine to Europe in millions of vials - I wonder if it too will get held up for days on end with border checks like recent British seafood, cheese & fish consignments?

Strangely enough - I somewhat doubt it...

Of course it won't.
The bigger countries of Europe like Germany are strutting around like Billy Big Bollocks. Oh wait - it's not the first time either.
EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 11:34 - Jan 30 with 936 viewsSadoldgit

The WHO should take over the organisation of the vaccination programme so we don’t have these nationalistic squabbles. We are not safe until most of the planet get the jabs so we need to work together on this.
EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 13:10 - Jan 30 with 895 viewsJaySaint

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 11:34 - Jan 30 by Sadoldgit

The WHO should take over the organisation of the vaccination programme so we don’t have these nationalistic squabbles. We are not safe until most of the planet get the jabs so we need to work together on this.

I would agree. IF the WHO were fit for purpose
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 13:10]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 15:00 - Jan 30 with 869 viewskentsouthampton

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 20:48 - Jan 29 by kernow

Where's my vaccine?

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 15:22 - Jan 30 with 850 viewsSadoldgit

Two down votes huh? I’m afraid it’s not just a question of I’m alright Jack once you get your own jab and siting ok an island isn’t going to help. We can’t close the borders for ever.
EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 15:40 - Jan 30 with 821 views1885_SFC

Three down votes actually... mainly because this is one of the wánkiest posts you've ever made on this forum.

Old School is Cool

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 12:13 - Feb 10 with 716 viewsBerber

So, belated acknowledgement of administrative failings.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56009251

Clearly, both AZ and the UK government standing up to their moralistic bullying was legally supportable, as was clear from the outset.

Interesting on some of the thinking though."We were late to authorise. We were too optimistic when it came to massive production," the Commission president acknowledged, "and perhaps too confident that what we ordered would actually be delivered on time." She also noted that questions would have to be answered about what went wrong.

However, the head of the Commission maintained that a joint EU response had been the correct decision in dealing with the pandemic: "I can't even imagine if a few big players had rushed to it and the others went empty-handed.

"In economic terms it would have been nonsense and it would have been I think the end of our community."

Laudable, and right that the least should not be left behind, this has been done at the cost of keeping the more able from progressing to the best effect. Instead of taking the best and leveraging it to include the rest, they insisted on formulating an "EU" model to be applied. Their subsequent shenanigans, detailed elsewhere demonstrates their insistence that there are common outcomes, not common opportunities.

Instead of supporting good behaviours and leveraging them, they have sought to control them within a political bureaucracy. This is exactly the wrong thinking that is dragging the EU into an introspective, self righteous and protectionist block that will slowly but progressively fail its citizens. How long before they start holding back member states economic growth, or redistributing income between states instead of promoting equal opportunities and allowing the strong to succeed, then support the less strong? That is what is evolving along with the Single State thinking.

This is not what we all hoped for when we voted to join. But don't expect the EU behaviours to improve in any way, despite their pious lecturing in the future.
Login to get fewer ads

EU - Astra Zeneca Deal on 12:48 - Feb 10 with 702 viewsgeezershoong1

The last Labour manifesto made it quite clear what their plans for big pharma was?
The WHO?

The same WHO that stated at the start of the pandemic that masks were not effective, that human to human transmission was negligible and is right behind China in denying that Taiwan exists?

No thanks, we dodged a bullet in letting the EU handle it so another corrupt monolithic organisation was not required.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024