Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B 16:56 - Feb 6 with 3195 viewsJaySaint

same old....he needs to change something otherwise good jobs will never ever materialise

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 09:36 - Feb 7 with 834 viewsKennington

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 09:19 - Feb 7 by DorsetIan

Thanks, yes, he should have been in the starting 11 - I only listed 10.

This is why I take such issue with Nick saying that Gao has done us no harm. A club doesn’t get into this sort of position by accident, and it’s not as if we haven’t seen it coming, transfer window after transfer window.

We have got only 4 reliable premier league quality defenders

We have got only 2 proven premier league quality strikers.

So when the wheels come off, the car crashes.

An owner should be doing more than “no harm”! An owner should have a vision and plans for making the club better. Otherwise why the hell are they running it? We have such low expectations now that if an owner does no harm then that’s ok. That’s a pretty depressing outlook on things.

As to yesterday, reflecting on it, Ralph should really have gone back to basics and had tried to keep a clean sheet above all else. Many will remember when under Koeman we had a few hidings and it was rebuilding from the back that turned things around. Shipping another 3 goals is depressing to say the least. After the debacle a few days ago I’d have taken a nil nil. Conceding 12 in two games is shocking.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 10:02 - Feb 7 with 802 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 09:36 - Feb 7 by Kennington

An owner should be doing more than “no harm”! An owner should have a vision and plans for making the club better. Otherwise why the hell are they running it? We have such low expectations now that if an owner does no harm then that’s ok. That’s a pretty depressing outlook on things.

As to yesterday, reflecting on it, Ralph should really have gone back to basics and had tried to keep a clean sheet above all else. Many will remember when under Koeman we had a few hidings and it was rebuilding from the back that turned things around. Shipping another 3 goals is depressing to say the least. After the debacle a few days ago I’d have taken a nil nil. Conceding 12 in two games is shocking.

I agree. Of course an owner should offer more than just treading water.

But the fact that Gao has been the owner for the last 3 1/2 years has very much done us harm. The state of the squad is all the prove anyone needs.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 10:48 - Feb 7 with 765 viewsprofessor_peach

Why Saints persisted with a quick passing to feet game on a waterlogged pitch and against 8 players defending the 18 yard line I don't know. Why not try Vestergaard up top and have a period of just launching the ball into the box?
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:13 - Feb 7 with 740 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 17:16 - Feb 6 by JaySaint

Plan B does not have to mean 3 subs being made. he could have got the team to get the ball wide as quick as possible. Could have put vestergaard up top and actually cross the ball for once.

He (Ralph) has one style of play, that is it. Teams have worked out that to hold us at bay, get back and defend the 18 yard box, as we will just pass it around

When talking about tactics Ralph has said that we have a variety of tactics and deeply different versions throughout matches. I am not trying to mitigate what happened yesterday but to say he has one style isn’t correct. For example, you can’t play a high pressing game when 9 men are camped in their own penalty area.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:49 - Feb 7 with 711 viewsJaySaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:13 - Feb 7 by Sadoldgit

When talking about tactics Ralph has said that we have a variety of tactics and deeply different versions throughout matches. I am not trying to mitigate what happened yesterday but to say he has one style isn’t correct. For example, you can’t play a high pressing game when 9 men are camped in their own penalty area.

that is all we have. When teams defend deep, we are flummoxed.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 13:24 - Feb 7 with 690 viewsNewdawn2014

can we please give Fraser a go ?
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 13:33 - Feb 7 with 681 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:49 - Feb 7 by JaySaint

You can have all the plans in the world, but if you gift teams goals and struggle to put telling passes together you are going to lose the game.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 14:10 - Feb 7 with 655 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:49 - Feb 7 by JaySaint

But, whatever the tactics, in those last 15 minutes against 9 men, why didn't they just pump balls into box? That would have forced Newcastle players to panic, slip, handball it, whatever. Instead we surrendered by casually passing it sideways in front of them. This is exactly what they wanted. It's unbelievable how the players just passed their way to 96 minutes. And this was supposed to be a reaction. Ralph sets the tactics, but you can't plan for playing 9 men and surely it was obvious what to do. And as Ralph said, if you give away goals that easily, you have had it. They didnt have the required desire and aggression. After the 9 nil and they promised a reaction, its totally unacceptable.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 14:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 14:16 - Feb 7 with 650 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 09:19 - Feb 7 by DorsetIan

Thanks, yes, he should have been in the starting 11 - I only listed 10.

This is why I take such issue with Nick saying that Gao has done us no harm. A club doesn’t get into this sort of position by accident, and it’s not as if we haven’t seen it coming, transfer window after transfer window.

We have got only 4 reliable premier league quality defenders

We have got only 2 proven premier league quality strikers.

So when the wheels come off, the car crashes.

Very true Ian.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 14:16]

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 610 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 14:10 - Feb 7 by Saintsforeverj

But, whatever the tactics, in those last 15 minutes against 9 men, why didn't they just pump balls into box? That would have forced Newcastle players to panic, slip, handball it, whatever. Instead we surrendered by casually passing it sideways in front of them. This is exactly what they wanted. It's unbelievable how the players just passed their way to 96 minutes. And this was supposed to be a reaction. Ralph sets the tactics, but you can't plan for playing 9 men and surely it was obvious what to do. And as Ralph said, if you give away goals that easily, you have had it. They didnt have the required desire and aggression. After the 9 nil and they promised a reaction, its totally unacceptable.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 14:14]

United didn’t pump balls into the box when we had 9 men and still scored goals. We rightly deride teams who just lump it into the box. There were attempts to play the ball in but either the final ball was poor or it was blocked. We did it to Liverpool and we did it to City last year. It isn’t easy to play against a packed defence. The balls in have to be spot on to get a goal scoring opportunity. I’m glad we didn’t resort to panic football but yes, the lack of penetration was very poor. Ralph seemed just as fed up as the rest of us with the performance.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 16:03]
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 16:18 - Feb 7 with 599 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 16:00 - Feb 7 by Sadoldgit

United didn’t pump balls into the box when we had 9 men and still scored goals. We rightly deride teams who just lump it into the box. There were attempts to play the ball in but either the final ball was poor or it was blocked. We did it to Liverpool and we did it to City last year. It isn’t easy to play against a packed defence. The balls in have to be spot on to get a goal scoring opportunity. I’m glad we didn’t resort to panic football but yes, the lack of penetration was very poor. Ralph seemed just as fed up as the rest of us with the performance.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 16:03]

I would rather pump balls into the box than just pass in front of them with 10 minutes to go against 9 men. Slippery pitch, they would have panicked with balls coming into the box, or not just that but shots at goal. Against 9 men, we should have bombarded them and they wouldn't have coped with only 9 men. I think they were trying to find the perfect ball, but all it did was see out time. Its not like we needed to worry about them breaking away and scoring. Was it no shots on goal or something rediculous against 9 men?

We should have just packed the box and panicked them with constant balls in and shots. We were losing anyway. We made it easy for them and what I like about Ralph is he is honest and doesn't make excuses. He said it was far too easy, he questioned their desire and he is right. We allowed them to see out the final 10 minutes without too much bother. We weren't ruthless enough and that is what was so unacceptable. Newcastle didn't even have a defence as they had a lot of injuries. Its all very strange.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 16:32]

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 16:57 - Feb 7 with 556 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 16:18 - Feb 7 by Saintsforeverj

I would rather pump balls into the box than just pass in front of them with 10 minutes to go against 9 men. Slippery pitch, they would have panicked with balls coming into the box, or not just that but shots at goal. Against 9 men, we should have bombarded them and they wouldn't have coped with only 9 men. I think they were trying to find the perfect ball, but all it did was see out time. Its not like we needed to worry about them breaking away and scoring. Was it no shots on goal or something rediculous against 9 men?

We should have just packed the box and panicked them with constant balls in and shots. We were losing anyway. We made it easy for them and what I like about Ralph is he is honest and doesn't make excuses. He said it was far too easy, he questioned their desire and he is right. We allowed them to see out the final 10 minutes without too much bother. We weren't ruthless enough and that is what was so unacceptable. Newcastle didn't even have a defence as they had a lot of injuries. Its all very strange.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 16:32]

I am not disagreeing that it wasn’t a poor show. We are a middle of the table side in mid table though so I don’t see why we should be ashamed for a couple of very poor performances.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 17:08 - Feb 7 with 548 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 16:57 - Feb 7 by Sadoldgit

I am not disagreeing that it wasn’t a poor show. We are a middle of the table side in mid table though so I don’t see why we should be ashamed for a couple of very poor performances.

We are used to some poor run of results, but it's the 9 nil isn't it (twice!). Ashamed, because it's the worst premier league result in football history! What else can we say, it hasn't happened to any other team apart from us. We will hear about it for years! Yes, we were up against it, but so we're Newcastle yesterday. They dug in, we didn't. We are mid table, so why throw away a good season. I think it would be easier if we really were that hopeless. They couldn't help it then could they. It's more that they throw in the towel and don't always give their all. For that I think they deserve criticism. After all they are grown men on a lot of money.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 17:15]

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:13 - Feb 8 with 435 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 17:08 - Feb 7 by Saintsforeverj

We are used to some poor run of results, but it's the 9 nil isn't it (twice!). Ashamed, because it's the worst premier league result in football history! What else can we say, it hasn't happened to any other team apart from us. We will hear about it for years! Yes, we were up against it, but so we're Newcastle yesterday. They dug in, we didn't. We are mid table, so why throw away a good season. I think it would be easier if we really were that hopeless. They couldn't help it then could they. It's more that they throw in the towel and don't always give their all. For that I think they deserve criticism. After all they are grown men on a lot of money.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 17:15]

But we didn’t lose 9-0 twice in a row did we? There is constant criticism of commentators bringing it all the time. It was last season and involved a number of different players. It was our first team and we had 10 players on the pitch not 9. What difference does it make that it was 9 goals? It could have been 6 or 7, it was still a poor performance. It is just a game for goodness sakes. Liverpool, the league champions have just lost three homes games on the trot, should they hang their heads in shame? No one says that they don’t deserve criticism, of course they do, but making them pariahs just because they have lost a couple of football matches is well over the top. It is not as if we have lost every game this season and not so long ago we were top of the table. I am proud of what this manager and team have achieved in 2020. Given our injury situation it is hardly surprising that we are having a tough time of it, but if you feel the need to be ashamed, carry on.
The United game was a freak match. Frankly the 2-0 defeat to Brentford bothered me more.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 12:33]
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 14:13 - Feb 8 with 407 viewsButty101

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B on 12:13 - Feb 8 by Sadoldgit

But we didn’t lose 9-0 twice in a row did we? There is constant criticism of commentators bringing it all the time. It was last season and involved a number of different players. It was our first team and we had 10 players on the pitch not 9. What difference does it make that it was 9 goals? It could have been 6 or 7, it was still a poor performance. It is just a game for goodness sakes. Liverpool, the league champions have just lost three homes games on the trot, should they hang their heads in shame? No one says that they don’t deserve criticism, of course they do, but making them pariahs just because they have lost a couple of football matches is well over the top. It is not as if we have lost every game this season and not so long ago we were top of the table. I am proud of what this manager and team have achieved in 2020. Given our injury situation it is hardly surprising that we are having a tough time of it, but if you feel the need to be ashamed, carry on.
The United game was a freak match. Frankly the 2-0 defeat to Brentford bothered me more.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 12:33]

Why was it a freak match? Its the 3rd time we have capitulated this season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024