Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Leeds United The Preview 11:55 - Feb 23 with 467 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/54305/southampton-at-lee

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 397 viewsSadoldgit

For those who think that losing 9-0 is embarrassing, they have just done a feature on TalkSport about the 7-0 defeat to Leeds in 1972 (the same season we lost 8-0 to Everton). Now that was embarrassing. It was described as being like a cat playing with a half dead mouse. I have never seen such a one sided game of football and we literally never had a kick. Fortunately they took their foot of the gas for the last 20 minutes or it could have been a cricket score. I remember that game only too well but 3 points tonight will help partly heal the wound.
Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 16:53 - Feb 23 with 370 viewsA1079

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 16:04 - Feb 23 by Sadoldgit

For those who think that losing 9-0 is embarrassing, they have just done a feature on TalkSport about the 7-0 defeat to Leeds in 1972 (the same season we lost 8-0 to Everton). Now that was embarrassing. It was described as being like a cat playing with a half dead mouse. I have never seen such a one sided game of football and we literally never had a kick. Fortunately they took their foot of the gas for the last 20 minutes or it could have been a cricket score. I remember that game only too well but 3 points tonight will help partly heal the wound.

I do recall that defeat against Leeds SOG and it has been rammed down our throats heaven knows how many times in particular that bit where we never get the ball!

In fact, are we possibly the worst professional team in the league with so many embarrassing scorelines? It feels like it. Most teams have an embarrassing scoreline and bad day at the office as a one off, but they seem quite regular for us. I recall some Everton ones, the Watford away and clearly the 2 recent ones.

I am dreading tonight. Working at York I am surrounded by Leeds supporters. I will not hear the last of it if we get tanked.

Is it on any of the main channels to watch?
Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:05 - Feb 23 with 357 viewsTimSaint

Ings on the bench - with Minamino and Djenepo !!

TimSaint

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:06 - Feb 23 with 348 viewssaint22

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:05 - Feb 23 by TimSaint

WTF is Ralph doing?
Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:07 - Feb 23 with 345 viewssaint22

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:05 - Feb 23 by TimSaint

Maybe he figures they will tire and second half energy will beat them?
Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:13 - Feb 23 with 329 viewsTimSaint

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:06 - Feb 23 by saint22

WTF is Ralph doing?

Not entirely sure whether it will be.....

Red up front with Arms Left and Tella Right
Red up front with Tella Left and Arms Right
Tella up front with Red Left and Arms Right

Either way, let's hope our right side is not too exposed and at least we have some good options from the bench tonight.

TimSaint

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:22 - Feb 23 with 308 viewsTimSaint

A somewhat strange team selection - unless it is just tactics to ensure the high press for the full 90 mins.

We don't have another game til Monday night though, so there is plenty of time to recover - unless of course, the damage was done v Chelsea !! :-)

TimSaint

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:47 - Feb 23 with 283 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton At Leeds United The Preview on 17:22 - Feb 23 by TimSaint

A somewhat strange team selection - unless it is just tactics to ensure the high press for the full 90 mins.

We don't have another game til Monday night though, so there is plenty of time to recover - unless of course, the damage was done v Chelsea !! :-)

It could be tactics, as you say. We can bring on the players in the second half. But Ings will be in and out of the team before the end of the season. It isn't a surprise to me. Hopefully it does some good and the subs have an impact.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 18:54]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024