Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? 19:41 - Feb 28 with 15120 viewschuckleberry

Statement released
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 12:59 - Mar 1 with 4298 viewsTomRAFC

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 by Brierls

Great. Another serious thread that’s descended into hilarious word play.

So this ain't nothing but a groundhog... day.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 12:59 - Mar 1 with 4298 viewsupthedale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 11:00 - Mar 1 by boromat

Sounds like a game of cat and mouse. Who knows what's going on but it playing out in public like this is a little embarrassing I think.

The paranoid side of me thinks they didn't want the EFL sniffing around them too much at the moment.

Or another club has approached them (or vice versa) or were in talks with them? Their fit and proper would still need to go through - perhaps as they investigated other options.

It's really weird to have such a change in a few days, whatever it is.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:44 - Mar 1 with 3802 views442Dale

Isn’t it a bit strange that we’ve not had a further update on this so far today, even if it’s just a brief statement from the club?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 18:02 - Mar 1 with 3734 viewsalbert_park

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:44 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

Isn’t it a bit strange that we’ve not had a further update on this so far today, even if it’s just a brief statement from the club?

This just confirms that the club don't communicate properly with its fans. Communication is an essential tool of any person who is in a management position but DA doesn't have that skill. Perhaps an internal course on management should be organised for all staff who communicate with people both within and outside of the club.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:01 - Mar 1 with 3433 viewsboromat

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:44 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

I would say after the announcement they made that the pair were joining the board they probably want to have a few discussions behind the scenes first to make sure the next piece of information they give us isn't going to be retracted and changed a few hours or days later.

It's been a bit shit how the news broke from Altmans side really this should have been communicated to the club and they should have been allowed to communicate it to the fans.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 13:00 - Mar 2 with 3088 viewsalderleydale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:01 - Mar 1 by boromat

I would say after the announcement they made that the pair were joining the board they probably want to have a few discussions behind the scenes first to make sure the next piece of information they give us isn't going to be retracted and changed a few hours or days later.

It's been a bit shit how the news broke from Altmans side really this should have been communicated to the club and they should have been allowed to communicate it to the fans.

Would you trust Bottomley to convey your message to the supporters in an accurate way.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 13:44 - Mar 2 with 2979 viewsTomRAFC

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 13:00 - Mar 2 by alderleydale

Would you trust Bottomley to convey your message to the supporters in an accurate way.

He's been very consistent in his message about how brilliant he is.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:24 - Mar 2 with 2777 viewswatford_dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:01 - Mar 1 by boromat

Memorandum of understanding is not a legally binding document, its more of a statement of intent.

From the linkedin statement, they are awaiting their directorships from the football league. A quick shufty through the companies house website reveals there Altman and Marcelli are not registered directors of any UK company and so need to get that sorted.

I assume that the league have tightened up on the fitness for purpose test and they will have to wait for approval on that score.

Agree the flow of communication could have been managed a wee bit better.
Login to get fewer ads

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:09 - Mar 2 with 2679 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:24 - Mar 2 by watford_dale

Memorandum of understanding is not a legally binding document, its more of a statement of intent.

From the linkedin statement, they are awaiting their directorships from the football league. A quick shufty through the companies house website reveals there Altman and Marcelli are not registered directors of any UK company and so need to get that sorted.

I assume that the league have tightened up on the fitness for purpose test and they will have to wait for approval on that score.

Agree the flow of communication could have been managed a wee bit better.

Indeed, the MOU "... is not a legally binding document or contract but it is a statement of the principles that the trust and the club subscribe to, to create an effective, mutually beneficial, structured communication channel. "

Poll: What is it to be then?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 15:53 - Mar 3 with 2374 views442Dale

Almost three days since this news broke and nothing further. Even an “We acknowledge the statement made and will update supporters as soon as possible” would have been something.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 2322 viewselectricblue

Who do you all expect!
The Dale board have always had this attitude and will continue to do so unless the club is supporter owned..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:15 - Mar 3 with 2278 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:00 - Mar 3 by electricblue

Who do you all expect!
The Dale board have always had this attitude and will continue to do so unless the club is supporter owned..

The club is supporter owned.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 2235 viewsTVOS1907

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 15:53 - Mar 3 by 442Dale

Almost three days since this news broke and nothing further. Even an “We acknowledge the statement made and will update supporters as soon as possible” would have been something.

It's made the back page of the Ob, although I can't see the bit where the attributed author has approached the club for comment.

I suppose copying & pasting constitutes "job done".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:48 - Mar 3 with 2184 views442Dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:32 - Mar 3 by TVOS1907

It's made the back page of the Ob, although I can't see the bit where the attributed author has approached the club for comment.

I suppose copying & pasting constitutes "job done".

Eh? The local media report a story and don’t get both sides of a story, or at least attempt to? Presumably there’s more to the story than reporting what’s been seen so far ie. the statement and fans posting it and wondering what’s going on?!

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:30 - Mar 3 with 2065 viewselectricblue

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 16:15 - Mar 3 by judd

The club is supporter owned.

Since when!

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:42 - Mar 3 with 2027 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:30 - Mar 3 by electricblue

Since when!

Since all the shares are owned by supporters, including our 2 new American fans/shareholders

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:07 - Mar 3 with 1785 viewselectricblue

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 17:42 - Mar 3 by judd

Since all the shares are owned by supporters, including our 2 new American fans/shareholders

Not really supporter owned in comparison to the big boys who hold a higher share percentage....

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:13 - Mar 3 with 1756 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:07 - Mar 3 by electricblue

Not really supporter owned in comparison to the big boys who hold a higher share percentage....

Andrew Kelly owns about 12% of issued shares.

The other 3 directors own less than 9% between them.

The Trust owns shares about the same in number as each of those 3 directors.

There are several shareholding larger than the board members that are owned by fans.

The Americans combined own about 15%.

There are about 300 listed shareholders.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 09:45 - Mar 4 with 1505 viewsBucketBstard

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:56 - Feb 28 by James1980

Is BBM getting sacked in the morning then? Sad if that is the case but unsurprising and perhaps appropriate

There is nothing sad about him getting sacked! He brought this on himself , he is able to change tactics( well obviously not) and pick the right players in the right places and not recruit s"!te like Roberts et al.
What is sad is watching our team being flogged to death , its like looking at one of those adverts on TV about animal cruelty.
BBM could save his job if he tried , unfortunately I dont think he has it in him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024