Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? 19:41 - Feb 28 with 15122 viewschuckleberry

Statement released
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 with 3190 viewsShun

Do your stuff, fitzo.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 with 3195 viewsBrierls

Great. Another serious thread that’s descended into hilarious word play.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 3179 viewsTomRAFC

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 by Brierls

I've not heard that one...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 3172 viewsIOMDale

Don’t be cruel.

UTDNFS

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 3166 viewsSuddenLad

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:47 - Feb 28 by TomRAFC

Somehing has changed. The fact they have opted not to be transparent about what that is and won't be commenting further is very curious.

Have previous tensions between Kelly and Altman/Marcelli flared again? Is there a level of scrutiny from the EFL that they don't want to undergo? Or has a last minute change of heart come for another reason? With a lot of tension between fans/the manager/CEO, they may have decided that now is not the time to be even more publicly associated with the club.

None of that would explain the last minute nature of their decision though.

Very bloody curious.

They have said that they are awaiting the outcome of the EFL fit and proper person test.

If there was anything 'dodgy' about them, they would (a) withdraw their applications to be approved and (b) have no interest/intention of joining the Board 'in the future'.

Something at the club has prevented them from going ahead. Something has changed. In the last few days.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 21:06]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:51 - Feb 28 with 3166 views49thseason

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:26 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Oh it makes me laugh!

George D'Elves' intro to the club included (and i paraphrase): i'll be joining a stable and well-run club

So George, would you also like to amend your recent communication?

Stable we are not. Well run we are not (or at least, haven't been)

I've posted on different threads, and in different contexts, about Altman/Marcelli taking a "cold, hard look" at various things both on and off the pitch

Strikes me that's exactly what they've done, and in their calculating way (data analytical, businesslike way) decided to hang fire

I don't blame them. Now, there may be a perfectly innocent explanation for all this, but i doubt it

They have already made the investment, becoming a Director is small beer compared to putting cold cash into buying shares. Maybe we are just becoming overly sensitive to the smallest nuance?
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:52 - Feb 28 with 3164 viewsTVOS1907

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 by Shun

Do your stuff, fitzo.

And have people accuse him of being toxic on other platforms?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:52 - Feb 28 with 3162 views49thseason

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:26 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Oh it makes me laugh!

George D'Elves' intro to the club included (and i paraphrase): i'll be joining a stable and well-run club

So George, would you also like to amend your recent communication?

Stable we are not. Well run we are not (or at least, haven't been)

I've posted on different threads, and in different contexts, about Altman/Marcelli taking a "cold, hard look" at various things both on and off the pitch

Strikes me that's exactly what they've done, and in their calculating way (data analytical, businesslike way) decided to hang fire

I don't blame them. Now, there may be a perfectly innocent explanation for all this, but i doubt it

They have already made their investment, becoming a director is pretty small beer compared to buying shares with cold hard cash. I guess they still want to buy the club , maybe the former chairman wants to sell to them?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 20:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:53 - Feb 28 with 3153 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:51 - Feb 28 by 49thseason

They have already made the investment, becoming a Director is small beer compared to putting cold cash into buying shares. Maybe we are just becoming overly sensitive to the smallest nuance?

They haven't invested in the club as far as I can see.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:54 - Feb 28 with 3141 viewsjudd

Are you lonesome tonight?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:56 - Feb 28 with 3124 viewsD_Alien

Don't step on my bluesward issues

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:00 - Feb 28 with 3086 viewsVivaDonaldo

He probably read the messageboard and twitter yesterday and assumed that we'd been relegated!
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:03 - Feb 28 with 3057 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:00 - Feb 28 by VivaDonaldo

He probably read the messageboard and twitter yesterday and assumed that we'd been relegated!

Or he just read this messageboard

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:05 - Feb 28 with 3029 viewsD_Alien

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:00 - Feb 28 by VivaDonaldo

If they watched on iFollow, they wouldn't have known that from the commentary...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:06 - Feb 28 with 3029 views442Dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:03 - Feb 28 by judd

Or he just read this messageboard

If he did he’d have seen some really good debate and a lot of really good posts. Whatever is going on, this forum has been a positive place these last couple of days despite things being less than positive.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:25 - Feb 28 with 2921 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:32 - Feb 28 by SuddenLad

But their statement does imply that they intend to join the Board in the future.

So what needs to change for that to happen?

We need to win one,just one Home Game!
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:28 - Feb 28 with 2880 viewsShun

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:52 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

And have people accuse him of being toxic on other platforms?

Specifically one person, the wife of the person he was (within reason) criticising. It’d be a shame if Chris let the opinion of that one person put him off his good work so far. I think he’s a big enough man not to let one person’s opinion bother him.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 21:30]
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:30 - Feb 28 with 2863 viewsTVOS1907

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:28 - Feb 28 by Shun

Specifically one person, the wife of the person he was (within reason) criticising. It’d be a shame if Chris let the opinion of that one person put him off his good work so far. I think he’s a big enough man not to let one person’s opinion bother him.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 21:30]

I'm sure he is, but there were also a number of likes and retweets of said tweet.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:54 - Feb 28 with 2731 viewsSandyman

We're all speculating and don't really know what is behind this volte face. My suspicions are the situation regarding the "hugely talented" one may have more influence on this than some think. Perhaps DA and EM feel that getting more closely involved in a club in a shitstorm isn't wise right now?
All speculation of course, just like everyone else, for now.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 22:01 - Feb 28 with 2691 viewsdingdangblue

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 by IOMDale

But seemingly not now or never...

What is needed is a little less conversation, a little more action please.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 03:06 - Mar 1 with 2415 viewsDiddyDave

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 21:54 - Feb 28 by Sandyman

We're all speculating and don't really know what is behind this volte face. My suspicions are the situation regarding the "hugely talented" one may have more influence on this than some think. Perhaps DA and EM feel that getting more closely involved in a club in a shitstorm isn't wise right now?
All speculation of course, just like everyone else, for now.

Oh dear,I really hope it wasn`t because of "xenophobic comments" by certain people.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 11:00 - Mar 1 with 2043 viewsboromat

Sounds like a game of cat and mouse. Who knows what's going on but it playing out in public like this is a little embarrassing I think.

The paranoid side of me thinks they didn't want the EFL sniffing around them too much at the moment.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 11:06 - Mar 1 with 2027 viewsIOMDale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 11:00 - Mar 1 by boromat

Sounds like a game of cat and mouse. Who knows what's going on but it playing out in public like this is a little embarrassing I think.

The paranoid side of me thinks they didn't want the EFL sniffing around them too much at the moment.

Granted, Altman was never a director at Swansea but I'm sure he was thoroughly vetted there and nothing in Marcelli's past (so far as I can glean, having searched) suggests or even hints at malpractice.

I'd err towards the thought that they're hedging their bets for some reason; maybe waiting for a permanent chair to be announced?

UTDNFS

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 11:15 - Mar 1 with 1997 viewsToffeemanc

Moody Blue.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 11:20 - Mar 1 with 1967 viewskel

https://ibb.co/88HXbXs
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 11:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024