Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Liverpool win at home 20:35 - Mar 14 with 814 viewsA1079

Was this the game that changed our season? Was the emotion and the desire to win this game above all else the undoing of our team and our manager? The tears at the end seemed incongruous when you see the dignified manner of other managers that have beaten Liverpool - and there have been a few this season. What was it that made that game so important to Ralph to win? Neither the team or the manager has been the same since.

To be fair, there were signs of struggling before that game - struggling to score, which has been as much our undoing as failure to defend at times but it's as if that Liverpool game was our hiatus, our cup final, the defining moment for our manager, when in fact it should have just been another game, another 3 points, another win and then onto the next game.
That Liverpool win at home on 20:47 - Mar 14 with 792 viewsBicester_North

We’ve still beaten Arsenal and Wolves in the cup since then as well as a terrible Sheff U.

I was one of the few that thought the crying was embarrassing after a home league win, who knows what the players thought.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

That Liverpool win at home on 20:57 - Mar 14 with 762 viewsA1079

That Liverpool win at home on 20:47 - Mar 14 by Bicester_North

We’ve still beaten Arsenal and Wolves in the cup since then as well as a terrible Sheff U.

I was one of the few that thought the crying was embarrassing after a home league win, who knows what the players thought.

Yes true Bicester and I agree with you on the last point.

In hindsight I have to confess this was a stupid thread to start. Is there any way of deleting it? This what a dull Sunday evening on your own does!
That Liverpool win at home on 21:06 - Mar 14 with 746 viewsBicester_North

That Liverpool win at home on 20:57 - Mar 14 by A1079

Yes true Bicester and I agree with you on the last point.

In hindsight I have to confess this was a stupid thread to start. Is there any way of deleting it? This what a dull Sunday evening on your own does!

Not at all A1079 it’s a valid point you make, apart from the cup wins that does seem to be the point where the league form dropped off a cliff.

If I was one of the players I’d be a bit embarrassed at Ralph’s reaction. You want to be seen as a tough opponent, football is about being mentally tough the same as any sport.

Crying if you win a huge game to win a trophy is understandable but I couldn’t figure that one out.

The Man City game last week was another example of a strange reaction, patting ourselves on the back after getting properly shafted by a team who never moved up to top gear
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 21:08]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

That Liverpool win at home on 21:08 - Mar 14 with 741 viewsTimSaint

That game showed that we were still capable of beating the then top of the league team at a time when we had 6 injuries !!

TimSaint

That Liverpool win at home on 23:17 - Mar 14 with 655 viewsdirk_doone

That Liverpool win at home on 21:08 - Mar 14 by TimSaint

That game showed that we were still capable of beating the then top of the league team at a time when we had 6 injuries !!

It was a high point to be celebrated. Liverpool were the reigning champions. Many on here said that no other team could compete with them. Who knew they'd fall apart after that defeat? Ralph's show of emotion was positive and heartfelt and any fan who shares that much passion for our team would remember it that way. We were top of the league in November and still up there competing for a Champions League place when we beat the reigning champions, Liverpool, in January. I'll always remember that.

That emotion is why we should stick with Ralph as our manager.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

That Liverpool win at home on 06:31 - Mar 15 with 590 viewssaint22

That Liverpool win at home on 23:17 - Mar 14 by dirk_doone

It was a high point to be celebrated. Liverpool were the reigning champions. Many on here said that no other team could compete with them. Who knew they'd fall apart after that defeat? Ralph's show of emotion was positive and heartfelt and any fan who shares that much passion for our team would remember it that way. We were top of the league in November and still up there competing for a Champions League place when we beat the reigning champions, Liverpool, in January. I'll always remember that.

Emotion is fine but you need to keep it in check and o thought that was bordering on embarrassing
You need to control and use your emotions when needed, like yesterday instead of sitting down Ralph should have been emoting from the sideline getting his players going and attacking
That Liverpool win at home on 07:12 - Mar 15 with 569 viewssaintwizzler

“That ceiling you plasterboarded and skimmed on Friday then you started crying after completing it because it was such a good job, fell down Saturday morning, but don’t worry because you showed so much emotion after doing it we will leave it and still pay you!”

Good grief Dirky.

Ralph would of left us in a heartbeat if a better offer came in.
Crying all the way to the bank.
Points are needed not tears.

While he keeps us in the top flight his job is safe.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

That Liverpool win at home on 07:56 - Mar 15 with 528 viewsclunk76

Completely agree with this.
Login to get fewer ads

That Liverpool win at home on 10:08 - Mar 15 with 471 viewsPaleRider

At least Ralph makes it fun when things are going well. He is hamstrung y the lack of investment and by the current crop of gutless players.
That Liverpool win at home on 10:27 - Mar 15 with 456 viewsSadoldgit

We slag off managers when they show no emotion and we slag them off when they do. Ralph is human and wears his heart in his sleeve. It was obviously a big deal for him and I for one don’t begrudge him a display of human emotions.
The problems run deeper than a manager who isn’t afraid to be happy or sad on the touchline and as said, the issues were showing well before the Liverpool game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024