Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Americans have pulled out 13:14 - Apr 12 with 13524 viewschuckleberry

Statement on Dan Altman’s LinkedIn:
The Americans have pulled out on 08:01 - Apr 13 with 4049 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 21:33 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

As mentioned earlier, the statement from the club was from the “Board of Directors”. We can only treat it as coming from each and every one of them unless this is clarified differently.

That cowardly tactic has been used before, and I had it confirmed by a Director.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Americans have pulled out on 08:20 - Apr 13 with 3980 viewsDalenet

The Americans have pulled out on 08:01 - Apr 13 by judd

That cowardly tactic has been used before, and I had it confirmed by a Director.

Are you suggesting Judd that other Board members claim not see the communications purporting to be a collectively signed letter before being issued? And if so, and the fact that one of those directors is prepared to tell you that, tells us a lot about the Board. I can only conclude that they have no control and have let this happen. It's like a circus this
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 8:58]
The Americans have pulled out on 08:24 - Apr 13 with 3975 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 08:20 - Apr 13 by Dalenet

Are you suggesting Judd that other Board members claim not see the communications purporting to be a collectively signed letter before being issued? And if so, and the fact that one of those directors is prepared to tell you that, tells us a lot about the Board. I can only conclude that they have no control and have let this happen. It's like a circus this
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 8:58]

What I am saying is that a letter was sent out from the Board of Directors.

When I spoke to a Director about it, I was told it was not sent from the Board of Directors.

The Americans have pulled out on 08:42 - Apr 13 with 3916 viewsNorthernDale

What worries me, is the if the Americans sell their shares, they could in theory sell them, not to people like CD, but some dodgy characters like Mr Day and Mr Dales, and we all know what happened at Bury.

I hope CD and is friends buy the shares of the Americans, if they come up for sale, the Americans may hold onto them to how things develop.
The Americans have pulled out on 08:49 - Apr 13 with 3903 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 08:42 - Apr 13 by NorthernDale

What worries me, is the if the Americans sell their shares, they could in theory sell them, not to people like CD, but some dodgy characters like Mr Day and Mr Dales, and we all know what happened at Bury.

I hope CD and is friends buy the shares of the Americans, if they come up for sale, the Americans may hold onto them to how things develop.

Any transfer of shares has to be sanctioned by the Board of Directors.

The Americans have pulled out on 09:02 - Apr 13 with 3841 viewsDalenet

I have a theory that the Americans communication yesterday is part of the plan to flush out the Board. CD sold his shares to them and you'd hope he had therefore grown to trust them. CD needs backing to become Chairman. He also needs investment.

So the Americans allegedly pull out. That forces to Board to either reveal another plan or to concede control to CD. The other shareholders will want to support somebody with a plan to save the club. Once the current board concede, CD is appointed and the Americans then come back in. They have already been approved by the EFL.
The Americans have pulled out on 09:16 - Apr 13 with 3806 viewsD_Alien

The Americans have pulled out on 09:02 - Apr 13 by Dalenet

I have a theory that the Americans communication yesterday is part of the plan to flush out the Board. CD sold his shares to them and you'd hope he had therefore grown to trust them. CD needs backing to become Chairman. He also needs investment.

So the Americans allegedly pull out. That forces to Board to either reveal another plan or to concede control to CD. The other shareholders will want to support somebody with a plan to save the club. Once the current board concede, CD is appointed and the Americans then come back in. They have already been approved by the EFL.

And that's not exactly how i'd read it, but certainly what their statement allows wriggle room for. Whether there's collusion is another matter; that might come with strings attached

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Americans have pulled out on 09:37 - Apr 13 with 3763 viewsDale92

The Americans have pulled out on 09:02 - Apr 13 by Dalenet

being approved by the EFL doesnt mean anything though, look at bURY

This is the One, I've waited for

Login to get fewer ads

The Americans have pulled out on 13:14 - Apr 13 with 3564 viewsJames1980

The Americans have pulled out on 08:49 - Apr 13 by judd

Does that have to be a unanimous decision?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Americans have pulled out on 16:50 - Apr 13 with 3366 viewsNigeriamark

The Americans have pulled out on 08:49 - Apr 13 by judd

Do They?

These shares passed from CD to the Americans in a private sale without any sanction ( and I would imagine knowledge) of anyone. Why can't the Americans just sell them to anyone they like?
The Americans have pulled out on 16:55 - Apr 13 with 3347 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 16:50 - Apr 13 by Nigeriamark

Do They?

These shares passed from CD to the Americans in a private sale without any sanction ( and I would imagine knowledge) of anyone. Why can't the Americans just sell them to anyone they like?

Yes, according to the articles, the share certificate needs to be signed off by the company secretary and 2 directors.

CD's sale of shares, along with BG and PH, would have had to have gone through the same process.

Can you really imagine a share sale of this magnitude not going before the board?

In a private company, how else can share certificates be controlled?

The Americans have pulled out on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 3310 viewsNigeriamark

The Americans have pulled out on 16:55 - Apr 13 by judd

Yes, according to the articles, the share certificate needs to be signed off by the company secretary and 2 directors.

CD's sale of shares, along with BG and PH, would have had to have gone through the same process.

Can you really imagine a share sale of this magnitude not going before the board?

In a private company, how else can share certificates be controlled?

That's just the paperwork. Perhaps we are at crossed paths, but no-one can really stop the sale of private shares. The signing off is just a formality to confirm transfer of ownership. However I could be wrong but the American owners I believe can sell their shares to whoever they want whatever price they can get, just as a fan with a few shares can
The Americans have pulled out on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 3247 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 17:06 - Apr 13 by Nigeriamark

That's just the paperwork. Perhaps we are at crossed paths, but no-one can really stop the sale of private shares. The signing off is just a formality to confirm transfer of ownership. However I could be wrong but the American owners I believe can sell their shares to whoever they want whatever price they can get, just as a fan with a few shares can

In a private company, the company must approve the sale.

The Americans have pulled out on 17:30 - Apr 13 with 3215 viewsBillyRudd

The Americans have pulled out on 17:06 - Apr 13 by Nigeriamark

Exactly that. The signing off is just to keep the register up to date. Otherwise the Americans or anyone else come to that would,nt have beneficial ownership.
There would have to be exceptional circumstances for a transfer of ownership to be contested, something that would stand up in court, such as a disbarred director, bankrupt or money laundering.
My take on the Americans statement was even more optimistic. I took it as a possible invite to CD for their shares.
Total conjecture though, who knows whats happening with this dogs breakfast.
Its the start of the push to safety tonight. BBM finally had a look at the table this week.
Up the Dale
The Americans have pulled out on 17:33 - Apr 13 with 3200 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 17:30 - Apr 13 by BillyRudd

Exactly that. The signing off is just to keep the register up to date. Otherwise the Americans or anyone else come to that would,nt have beneficial ownership.
There would have to be exceptional circumstances for a transfer of ownership to be contested, something that would stand up in court, such as a disbarred director, bankrupt or money laundering.
My take on the Americans statement was even more optimistic. I took it as a possible invite to CD for their shares.
Total conjecture though, who knows whats happening with this dogs breakfast.
Its the start of the push to safety tonight. BBM finally had a look at the table this week.
Up the Dale

But they don't have significant control of the company, so cannot be beneficial.

A private company that issued the shares has to approve their sale.

The Americans have pulled out on 17:41 - Apr 13 with 3154 viewsBillyRudd

The Americans have pulled out on 17:33 - Apr 13 by judd

But they don't have significant control of the company, so cannot be beneficial.

I meant beneficial in the legal sense such as entitlement to a declared dividend.
If what you say was true then a board of directors with a minority shareholding could deny a non board member with a majority shareholding from selling his shares.
Up the Dale
The Americans have pulled out on 17:50 - Apr 13 with 3106 viewsNigeriamark

The Americans have pulled out on 17:33 - Apr 13 by judd

The point you are missing is that what you describe is just technical as opposed to the real world

These shares were sold before they had even done the later "fit for purpose" test. It's like the NDA someone earlier described or many Due diligence report. Technically yes but in reality often no

These shares were agreed to be sold & the company signed them off. They could have said no but they didn't, and in the future they won't either unless there is a clear and obvious ( probably criminal) reason against the buyer. many dale fans may have wanted to but some of the shares when CD first put them up for sale & only sell the Americans the remaining ones. That may have been a valid reason to say no but it didn't happen because CD chose not to do that
The Americans have pulled out on 21:43 - Apr 13 with 2875 views49thseason

The Americans have pulled out on 17:50 - Apr 13 by Nigeriamark

The point you are missing is that what you describe is just technical as opposed to the real world

These shares were sold before they had even done the later "fit for purpose" test. It's like the NDA someone earlier described or many Due diligence report. Technically yes but in reality often no

These shares were agreed to be sold & the company signed them off. They could have said no but they didn't, and in the future they won't either unless there is a clear and obvious ( probably criminal) reason against the buyer. many dale fans may have wanted to but some of the shares when CD first put them up for sale & only sell the Americans the remaining ones. That may have been a valid reason to say no but it didn't happen because CD chose not to do that

Is it not the case that the company has to sign off the sale of shares from a shareholder to another person simply so that the list of shareholders is up to date as it is a legal document and a required annual return to Companies House. Unless the club is involved in knowing what transactions are taking place the register isn't complete and consequently someone may not get notification of the AGM or a dividend if one were ever declared..
The Americans have pulled out on 08:20 - Apr 12 with 2062 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Bump.

This time last year...

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

The Americans have pulled out on 09:01 - Apr 12 with 1952 viewsRAFCBLUE

The Americans have pulled out on 08:20 - Apr 12 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

Bump.

This time last year...

This time tomorrow a year ago was the Swindon home game where the Speakmans were snuck in as special guests.

All tits and teeth that evening.

Someone even got pictures of Curran in the car park as he visited to watch his son play for Swindon Town!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

The Americans have pulled out on 09:18 - Apr 12 with 1902 viewsDaleiLama

Fascinating reading.
No attendance at games as we sat at home watching, whilst post-match parties took place if you were part of the "carriage-set" and got an invite from Dale's equivalent of BoJo.
The dictator was in full control, weaving webs, pulling strings and plotting his get rich quick scheme - then Dan's statement came out like a screeching Meerkat that got the maximum "heads up" response. With the benefit of a year's hindsight, this was probably the first domino that started the total collapse of the hostile's takeover attempt. We should be thankful for that 4 minute warning.

Edit: For anyone not on Twitter, UTDNFS has just posted this mealy-mouthed sh1te in response to Dan's statement. Quite an appropriate response from Judas as Easter approaches

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement_12.04.21/
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 9:27]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Americans have pulled out on 10:26 - Apr 12 with 1744 viewsD_Alien

The Americans have pulled out on 09:18 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

Fascinating reading.
No attendance at games as we sat at home watching, whilst post-match parties took place if you were part of the "carriage-set" and got an invite from Dale's equivalent of BoJo.
The dictator was in full control, weaving webs, pulling strings and plotting his get rich quick scheme - then Dan's statement came out like a screeching Meerkat that got the maximum "heads up" response. With the benefit of a year's hindsight, this was probably the first domino that started the total collapse of the hostile's takeover attempt. We should be thankful for that 4 minute warning.

Edit: For anyone not on Twitter, UTDNFS has just posted this mealy-mouthed sh1te in response to Dan's statement. Quite an appropriate response from Judas as Easter approaches

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement_12.04.21/
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 9:27]

Judas Iscariot and his chariot (carriage)? Yep

Dale's equivalent of BoJo? No. Just no need...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Americans have pulled out on 12:57 - Apr 12 with 1514 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 09:01 - Apr 12 by RAFCBLUE

This time tomorrow a year ago was the Swindon home game where the Speakmans were snuck in as special guests.

All tits and teeth that evening.

Someone even got pictures of Curran in the car park as he visited to watch his son play for Swindon Town!

I wouldn't say "snuck in" to be fair, RAFCBLUE.

A huge Hummer slowly making its' way towards a peaceful protesting group of about 30 fans opposite the Main Stand entrance, the occupants of same vehicle stopping and engaging in some lampooning discourse from some fans - "Why are you here and who is your favourite Dale player?" "What colour kit do we play in?" "Can you save us from ourselves?"

They did nothing to enhance a low key entry to the ground as "guests of the club".

It was typically grandiose, seedy and wholly embarrassing.

At least Mr Curran laughed when he asked why we were protesting and one of the fans said "Bottomley's a tvvat." I even think he nodded.

The Americans have pulled out on 15:53 - Apr 12 with 1263 viewsDorkingDale

This whole thread makes interesting reading given the light of day, but this particular post was absolutely spot on....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024