Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Americans have pulled out 13:14 - Apr 12 with 13525 viewschuckleberry

Statement on Dan Altman’s LinkedIn:
The Americans have pulled out on 17:17 - Apr 12 with 2630 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 17:16 - Apr 12 by Newbury_Dale

Other than the purchasing of shares, had they spent any other money ?

Yes, in the club shop

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Americans have pulled out on 17:19 - Apr 12 with 2607 viewsfinberty

As others say, they remain part-owners along with all other shareholders.

What appears to have changed is the promise of investment, but as the terms of such investment cannot be known, it is not necessarily a calamity. As others point out, it could have been on the basis of secured loans or loans at zero interest, or at steepling rates of interest, as has been seen locally not long back.

A bigger calamity is the immediate reality that the management team remains intact with the blessing of the CEO, and none of them look at the league table.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 17:20]
The Americans have pulled out on 17:23 - Apr 12 with 2564 viewsShun

The Americans have pulled out on 16:48 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

It is just me... or are those suggesting it's the end of the road for the American involvement being premature?

If you read their statement, imo they've left wriggle room

Whether that's a good or a bad thing, i've absolutely no opinion tbh but it's something that i hope CD will have to resolve, having had previous dealings with them

[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 16:49]

I agree, they left a sliver of hope in there. The fact that they seemingly have a better relationship with Dunphy than they do the current board makes me think they might try again if Dunphy returns.

I’m disappointed, but I’m not sure how much.
The Americans have pulled out on 17:52 - Apr 12 with 2482 viewsBrierls

Altman and Marcelli's "investment" was based on considerable loans.

If our current board of directors, or David Bottomley as the figurehead, had announced the same "investment" plans to be financed in the same way, they'd have been ridiculed and ripped to shreds on here.

I can't see Altman and Marcelli hanging onto their shares as they have no emotional ties to the club. Does that make them available to Dunphy? Does Dunphy want to invest in that amount of shares? You'd hope the answer is yes if the buzz around him coming back is anything of substance.
The Americans have pulled out on 17:59 - Apr 12 with 2454 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Are we still using smarterscout.com ?
The Americans have pulled out on 18:15 - Apr 12 with 2409 viewsDaleiLama

The Americans have pulled out on 17:52 - Apr 12 by Brierls

If our current board of directors, or David Bottomley as the figurehead, had announced the same "investment" plans to be financed in the same way, they'd have been ridiculed and ripped to shreds on here.

I can't see Altman and Marcelli hanging onto their shares as they have no emotional ties to the club. Does that make them available to Dunphy? Does Dunphy want to invest in that amount of shares? You'd hope the answer is yes if the buzz around him coming back is anything of substance.

CD isn't going to put another penny into the club unless his appointment to Chairman is nailed on. He's said as much. He couldn't work with the current board in the past, and now he has gone public with his last statement, his bridges with those members are burned forever unless he wants one or two to stay on and extends an olive branch. They may not want to stay anyway.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Americans have pulled out on 18:24 - Apr 12 with 2363 viewsBrierls

The Americans have pulled out on 18:15 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

CD isn't going to put another penny into the club unless his appointment to Chairman is nailed on. He's said as much. He couldn't work with the current board in the past, and now he has gone public with his last statement, his bridges with those members are burned forever unless he wants one or two to stay on and extends an olive branch. They may not want to stay anyway.

How do you become Chairman at Dale without owning shares?
The Americans have pulled out on 18:28 - Apr 12 with 2342 viewsJames1980

If Dunphy buys Dan and Emre's shares 'The Club' won't get a penny of that money, will they?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 18:28]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

The Americans have pulled out on 18:29 - Apr 12 with 2344 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 17:52 - Apr 12 by Brierls

I would hope that CD would want to introduce cash into the club and obtain shares that way.

The Americans have pulled out on 18:34 - Apr 12 with 2329 viewsBrierls

The Americans have pulled out on 18:29 - Apr 12 by judd

I would hope that CD would want to introduce cash into the club and obtain shares that way.

Even better. That would also show that there is some substance to him coming back as Chairman.
The Americans have pulled out on 18:44 - Apr 12 with 2278 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 18:34 - Apr 12 by Brierls

Even better. That would also show that there is some substance to him coming back as Chairman.

Forgive my ignorance but I thought that was already public knowledge?

The Americans have pulled out on 18:46 - Apr 12 with 2272 viewsdawlishdale

The Americans have pulled out on 18:34 - Apr 12 by Brierls

Any new people on the Board would hopefully buy some of the unissued shares rather than purchasing privately owned shares that don't benefit the club.

I think this was the main issue when Dan & Emre initially wanted to invest... some bright (or greedy) so & so valued the unissued shares at 3 times their recent worth...hence, putting them off. Yet another poor business decision.
The Americans have pulled out on 18:55 - Apr 12 with 2213 views49thseason

The Americans have pulled out on 18:15 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

I think CD would be delighted if the whole of the current Board either resigned or were forced out. He would then have a blank canvass to bring in the peoplemhe needs. BUT, we need to bear in mind that CD is no chicken and needs to be wary of surrounding himself with a majority of old codgers. The inclusion of Francis and Richard is a good start. The Company Articles suggest a minimum of 7 Directors and a Maximum of 15 so there is room for growth and we dont want to he back in this situation in 10 years time. Interestingly the Articles also mention that a third of the Board should stand down every year and put themselves up for re-election at the AGM, thats tricky when you only have 3 or 4 Directors.. ( Im not sure if that includeds non-exec Directors but I don' t think it does as they have to also be shareholders). There is also a question mark over the quorum size for the number of Directors required to enact policy changes as there are now only 3.

Adding the Americans to the board in due course, does seem like a good idea if only to inject new thinking and potentially, access to different sources of investment. I am somewhat encouraged that they are not selling their shares, equally it may be that they have pledged their support to one side or the other and are waiting to see the outcome of CDs takeover attempt ( and what subsequently might become of BBM and their Sporting Director plans).
The Board meeting next week should bring clarity.
The Americans have pulled out on 18:59 - Apr 12 with 2191 viewsBrierls

The Americans have pulled out on 18:44 - Apr 12 by judd

Forgive my ignorance but I thought that was already public knowledge?

I've read Fitz' article and Chris Dunphy's responses to questions (a welcome novelty, responding to questions) posed by the Trust. There have been several threads on here.

I'm yet to see any kind of realistic plan of how those statements become a reality. Maybe that's ignorance or misunderstanding on my part, but all I've seen is Dunphy wanting/offering to come back. I don't doubt that conversations have taken place between Dunphy and the likes of Bill Goodwin, Francis Collins and Richard Wild, but I'm struggling to see how the statements become a reality if there has been no approach to the current board.

I
The Americans have pulled out on 20:00 - Apr 12 with 2068 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 18:59 - Apr 12 by Brierls

I've read Fitz' article and Chris Dunphy's responses to questions (a welcome novelty, responding to questions) posed by the Trust. There have been several threads on here.

I'm yet to see any kind of realistic plan of how those statements become a reality. Maybe that's ignorance or misunderstanding on my part, but all I've seen is Dunphy wanting/offering to come back. I don't doubt that conversations have taken place between Dunphy and the likes of Bill Goodwin, Francis Collins and Richard Wild, but I'm struggling to see how the statements become a reality if there has been no approach to the current board.

I

If you look again at CDs answers you will see he has had contact with interim chairman Andrew Kelly, and that he intends to buy "new" shares along with a friend to the value of £55,000.

To get on board would require either the current board to resign and invite him to take over, or for a resolution at an EGM to be voted for.

I sincerely hope the Trust statement tomorrow includes a request for an EGM to include a vote for the return of CD on his terms.

The Americans have pulled out on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 2022 viewsBrierls

The Americans have pulled out on 20:00 - Apr 12 by judd

If you look again at CDs answers you will see he has had contact with interim chairman Andrew Kelly, and that he intends to buy "new" shares along with a friend to the value of £55,000.

To get on board would require either the current board to resign and invite him to take over, or for a resolution at an EGM to be voted for.

I sincerely hope the Trust statement tomorrow includes a request for an EGM to include a vote for the return of CD on his terms.

We've not agreed on much of late, but a Trust request for an EGM for Dunphy's return would be extremely welcome.
The Americans have pulled out on 20:13 - Apr 12 with 2007 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 20:09 - Apr 12 by Brierls

We've not agreed on much of late, but a Trust request for an EGM for Dunphy's return would be extremely welcome.

It's imperative that they do so as the only business that can be discussed is what is on the agenda to set up the meeting.

The statement from the board alludes to serious investors who have signed NDAs being discussed at the board meeting next Monday after which they will update the Trust about these investors who have signed non-disclosure agreements.

Do we wait and see what is disclosed, or do we want the return of someone known and respected immediately?

The Americans have pulled out on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 1991 viewsBrierls

The Americans have pulled out on 20:13 - Apr 12 by judd

It's imperative that they do so as the only business that can be discussed is what is on the agenda to set up the meeting.

The statement from the board alludes to serious investors who have signed NDAs being discussed at the board meeting next Monday after which they will update the Trust about these investors who have signed non-disclosure agreements.

Do we wait and see what is disclosed, or do we want the return of someone known and respected immediately?

"Do we wait and see what is disclosed, or do we want the return of someone known and respected immediately?"

I'm unsure on that one to be honest, I have no idea of what the supposed investors bring to the table. I'd like to think that serious investors with good intentions would still be around to invest under Dunphy's leadership.
The Americans have pulled out on 20:24 - Apr 12 with 1947 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 20:18 - Apr 12 by Brierls

"Do we wait and see what is disclosed, or do we want the return of someone known and respected immediately?"

I'm unsure on that one to be honest, I have no idea of what the supposed investors bring to the table. I'd like to think that serious investors with good intentions would still be around to invest under Dunphy's leadership.

If the American investors pulled out because of serious internal issues, what sort of investor are we going to attract?

The board statement also says they remain committed to discussing investment with any serious potential investor, so how far down the line are we? Are the board dissatisfied with the potential investors so far?

How much longer should the current management be given?

The Americans have pulled out on 20:30 - Apr 12 with 1921 viewsBrierls

The Americans have pulled out on 20:24 - Apr 12 by judd

If the American investors pulled out because of serious internal issues, what sort of investor are we going to attract?

The board statement also says they remain committed to discussing investment with any serious potential investor, so how far down the line are we? Are the board dissatisfied with the potential investors so far?

The current board (or manager) shouldn't be given further time.
The Americans have pulled out on 20:32 - Apr 12 with 1898 viewsjudd

The Americans have pulled out on 20:30 - Apr 12 by Brierls

The current board (or manager) shouldn't be given further time.

In that case an EGM is a must if they don’t resign next Monday

The Americans have pulled out on 21:16 - Apr 12 with 1790 views49thseason

CD is a serious investor... no NDA? Anyone can say there is an NDA in place, I have signed dozens of them but in 99% of cases nothing came out of them. Mostly its tyre kickers wasting everyone's time. Or maybe just a way of making it look as though there is something afoot to buy time .
The Americans have pulled out on 21:30 - Apr 12 with 1737 viewsSandyman

The Americans have pulled out on 20:24 - Apr 12 by judd

I recall (correct me if wrong) Mr Pockney mentioned that certain unsuitable investment offers had been rejected and marched down the road at the Fans Forum a month ago. Good!
There was no mention of these "highly interested parties who have signed Non-Disclosure Agreements". Given the waffle emanating from some parts of the club of late, is this some sort of ruse to deflect from the potential of the only real offer we know about - the one Chris Dunphy and associates have told us of? This is no sleight on Mr Pockney who seems like a trustworthy and reliable director.
The Americans have pulled out on 21:33 - Apr 12 with 1720 views442Dale

As mentioned earlier, the statement from the club was from the “Board of Directors”. We can only treat it as coming from each and every one of them unless this is clarified differently.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Americans have pulled out on 21:37 - Apr 12 with 1709 viewsSandyman

The Americans have pulled out on 21:33 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

As mentioned earlier, the statement from the club was from the “Board of Directors”. We can only treat it as coming from each and every one of them unless this is clarified differently.

Like that last mailshot?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024