Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speakman statement 12:07 - Apr 14 with 16092 viewsfitzochris

From the club...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement_swindongame/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Speakman statement on 14:09 - Apr 14 with 3133 viewsTomRAFC

Regarding the Speakmans as credible investors...

For context, I am a senior psychological practitioner within the NHS and in my spare time I am a sports psychology and mental health advisor for a championship winning Muay Thai gym. I appreciate I have a tendency towards garbled contributions on here but the issue regarding the Speakmans is one of my (very few) areas of knowledge.

I would recommend extreme caution to any fan tempted by the glitz of their public persona. They are not qualified psychological professionals. They don't hold the foundation qualifications which would enable them to train as psychological professionals. They are at best TV tits and teeth, at worst they are dangerously underqualified. When pushed they may make reference to unspecified diplomas from Newcastle University and a piece of research from a University in the Netherlands. Both of these bits of information are entirely substandard and discredited.

I have never seen them at crown oil arena before and what they may wish to gain from investment causes me genuine concern.

I have spoken to someone at the club today and they couldn't have been more polite about the matter. They were quick to say that they take my concerns seriously and hopefully I will be talking to them in the near future. You can't say fairer than that.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 14:51]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Speakman statement on 14:20 - Apr 14 with 3084 viewsjudd

Speakman statement on 14:09 - Apr 14 by TomRAFC

For context, I am a senior psychological practitioner within the NHS and in my spare time I am a sports psychology and mental health advisor for a championship winning Muay Thai gym. I appreciate I have a tendency towards garbled contributions on here but the issue regarding the Speakmans is one of my (very few) areas of knowledge.

I would recommend extreme caution to any fan tempted by the glitz of their public persona. They are not qualified psychological professionals. They don't hold the foundation qualifications which would enable them to train as psychological professionals. They are at best TV tits and teeth, at worst they are dangerously underqualified. When pushed they may make reference to unspecified diplomas from Newcastle University and a piece of research from a University in the Netherlands. Both of these bits of information are entirely substandard and discredited.

I have never seen them at crown oil arena before and what they may wish to gain from investment causes me genuine concern.

I have spoken to someone at the club today and they couldn't have been more polite about the matter. They were quick to say that they take my concerns seriously and hopefully I will be talking to them in the near future. You can't say fairer than that.

I think you've just written them the perfect reference.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Speakman statement on 15:28 - Apr 14 with 2894 viewsBucketBstard

They might be genuinely interested in helping the club out.
I had never heard of them and I'm not sure they have been asked to call round on a professional Psychological basis , but if a few positive mental attitude speeches were to improve the players somewhat , whats the harm in that?
Unfortunately we need somebody with a glut of wealth that is happy to throw a few million away without real return. Not many of them about.
Interest free loans from septic tanks is not a great move since we still have to pay them back.
Speakman statement on 15:31 - Apr 14 with 2878 viewsncfc_chalky

Speakman statement on 12:14 - Apr 14 by funkkk

I tell you what, this is the first time my fiancée has ever taken an interest in all things Dale. I’m sure she can’t wait for the latest instalment of the soap opera she says is better than Corrie. If only it wasn’t so serious.

I've been hooked since it was revealed about the BBM extension

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Speakman statement on 15:33 - Apr 14 with 2859 viewsDaley_Lama

Speakman statement on 14:20 - Apr 14 by judd

I think you've just written them the perfect reference.

Can the club snooze Stewart Day next game instead of these two please, i would have more faith if that was the case.

Poll: DF in or out

Speakman statement on 16:00 - Apr 14 with 2767 viewsBillyRudd

I too have never heard of the Speakmans.
I often fantasise about winning the Lotto, taking over the club and running it as my own personal plaything and it got me thinking as to which celebrities I would invite on match day.
I very quickly realised that embarrassingly I don,t really know any nowadays. I DO know that there are thousands out there but as when my partner makes me watch "Strictly come Dancing, I,m left thinking "who are these people"? Nice frocks though.
Up the Dale
Speakman statement on 16:19 - Apr 14 with 2692 viewsncfc_chalky

Speakman statement on 16:00 - Apr 14 by BillyRudd

I too have never heard of the Speakmans.
I often fantasise about winning the Lotto, taking over the club and running it as my own personal plaything and it got me thinking as to which celebrities I would invite on match day.
I very quickly realised that embarrassingly I don,t really know any nowadays. I DO know that there are thousands out there but as when my partner makes me watch "Strictly come Dancing, I,m left thinking "who are these people"? Nice frocks though.
Up the Dale

Better start playing the Euromillions rather than the National Lottery Billy as Alan Hardy stated that owning Notts lost him about £35 million

Speakman statement on 16:20 - Apr 14 with 2682 viewsoff2div1

And Next weeks guest. Clinton Baptiste The Psychic not a player.

Login to get fewer ads

Speakman statement on 16:23 - Apr 14 with 2673 viewsjudd

Speakman statement on 16:20 - Apr 14 by off2div1

And Next weeks guest. Clinton Baptiste The Psychic not a player.

Can he prescribe tears for fears therapy?

Speakman statement on 16:27 - Apr 14 with 2659 viewsDalenet

Speakman statement on 16:19 - Apr 14 by ncfc_chalky

Better start playing the Euromillions rather than the National Lottery Billy as Alan Hardy stated that owning Notts lost him about £35 million

I thought you had stopped cheating at Notts. Nobody loses £35m running a football club unless they were cheating to begin with
Speakman statement on 16:34 - Apr 14 with 2619 viewsoff2div1

Speakman statement on 16:23 - Apr 14 by judd

Can he prescribe tears for fears therapy?

Pity Ken Dodd has past away he could do end of year celebrations. He could sing his hit Tears for souvenirs that's all you left me.
Speakman statement on 16:38 - Apr 14 with 2590 viewsBillyRudd

Speakman statement on 16:19 - Apr 14 by ncfc_chalky

Take your point Chalky. I keep forgetting that money has lost all meaning in the football world.
Speakman statement on 16:46 - Apr 14 with 2553 viewsncfc_chalky

Speakman statement on 16:27 - Apr 14 by Dalenet

I thought you had stopped cheating at Notts. Nobody loses £35m running a football club unless they were cheating to begin with

I can't remember the finer details if I'm honest but i can remember it being reported in the Nottingham Post that's what it had cost him,something to do with getting the money to buy Notts on loans through his other company Paragon which went bust

Notts was the innocent victim of a sophisticated scam,anyhow it's only Daleys who need to blame somebody for not being League Two champions in 2010 that believe anything else

Speakman statement on 16:49 - Apr 14 with 2525 views442Dale

Speakman statement on 16:46 - Apr 14 by ncfc_chalky

I can't remember the finer details if I'm honest but i can remember it being reported in the Nottingham Post that's what it had cost him,something to do with getting the money to buy Notts on loans through his other company Paragon which went bust

Notts was the innocent victim of a sophisticated scam,anyhow it's only Daleys who need to blame somebody for not being League Two champions in 2010 that believe anything else

Careful.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Speakman statement on 17:09 - Apr 14 with 2445 viewsnordenblue

Speakman statement on 15:28 - Apr 14 by BucketBstard

They might be genuinely interested in helping the club out.
I had never heard of them and I'm not sure they have been asked to call round on a professional Psychological basis , but if a few positive mental attitude speeches were to improve the players somewhat , whats the harm in that?
Unfortunately we need somebody with a glut of wealth that is happy to throw a few million away without real return. Not many of them about.
Interest free loans from septic tanks is not a great move since we still have to pay them back.

It strikes me as a certain someone at the club getting all billy big spuds inviting who they like and its back fired massively, now roll out the "potential investors' quote that should keep the idiots quiet for a while... as others have said isn't it amazing how quickly they can respond to certain things, surprised they even had time being so busy and all.....
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 19:38]
Speakman statement on 17:35 - Apr 14 with 2350 viewsLaveritty

Speakman statement on 14:09 - Apr 14 by TomRAFC

Love the phrase 'TV Tits and Teeth' - sums them up perfectly.

Remember them 'helping' somebody who I knew from work in what must have been one of their earliest TV appearances 10 or 15 years ago. This person was somewhat gauche and suffered from a lack of confidence and found it hard to communicate with people...

...their 'therapy' was to have them stand in front of a window and throw mud at it whilst shouting insults at it. Absolutely bonkers! Never did find out if it worked?

Every time I see them on TV trying to hoodwink more gullible people it makes my skin crawl.

That said - if they can somehow 'motivate' our team to win its last 7 games and miraculously stay in League 1 then I might be willing to revise my opinion of them!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Speakman statement on 17:42 - Apr 14 with 2325 viewsjudd

Speakman statement on 17:35 - Apr 14 by Laveritty

Remember them 'helping' somebody who I knew from work in what must have been one of their earliest TV appearances 10 or 15 years ago. This person was somewhat gauche and suffered from a lack of confidence and found it hard to communicate with people...

...their 'therapy' was to have them stand in front of a window and throw mud at it whilst shouting insults at it. Absolutely bonkers! Never did find out if it worked?

Every time I see them on TV trying to hoodwink more gullible people it makes my skin crawl.

That said - if they can somehow 'motivate' our team to win its last 7 games and miraculously stay in League 1 then I might be willing to revise my opinion of them!

I, too, loved that phrase, but having seen them last night, I am not sure which one is which.

Speakman statement on 17:45 - Apr 14 with 2308 viewsLaveritty

Speakman statement on 17:42 - Apr 14 by judd

I, too, loved that phrase, but having seen them last night, I am not sure which one is which.

Maybe they're like Jedward or Ant 'n' Dec - nobody ever knows which is which!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Speakman statement on 17:49 - Apr 14 with 2277 viewsjudd

Speakman statement on 17:45 - Apr 14 by Laveritty

Maybe they're like Jedward or Ant 'n' Dec - nobody ever knows which is which!

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS FOR THE NEXT OFFICIAL CLUB REPRESENTATIVES
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 17:50]

Speakman statement on 18:17 - Apr 14 with 2179 viewswatford_dale

Speakman statement on 12:22 - Apr 14 by Sandyman

Have the talks with "highly interested" investors included the public offer from Chris Dunphy / the David Clough executors et al. If not, why not? Have they been invited to attend a game? One wonders if the CEO is courting potential investors to ensure his position at the club. That is if such investors exist.

There's a couple of thousand of us "offer support" to Rochdale AFC regularly, over many years, but we don't get asked as individuals to be "official Club Representatives" so we get to see a game. Don't recall the Speakmans being regulars at the COA, and haven't seen them away on a Tuesday night at Colchester, Barnet etc etc.

Edit: As the current board of directors is inquorate according to the club's articles of association, are they even in a position to approve any such investment without consulting the shareholders? Wonder if the "highly interested" investors are aware of the statement made by current investors Altman and Marcelli on Monday regarding the governance of RAFC? Sorry, asking more questions than good old James here, but it does make you think...
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:32]

If Board is inquorate then they are unable to proceed with any decision making and cannot make such decisions on investment.

I sometimes think that the Dale board and governance are not in the same postcode. I think that the Americans chose this as their excuse given our trajectory of division 2 at a serious rate of knots at the time, we only just took our foot off the pedal last night.

Will their concept work in division 2 with less money, less profile and less budget to support the infrastructure required work? Probably not

I think we will accept any director who has a credit balance in their bank account at the moment.

The danger is focussing on the potential funds on offer just to secure the cash without understanding the incoming directors motives. Due diligence will be required before any appointment is made.
Speakman statement on 18:18 - Apr 14 with 2170 viewsBlueMessiah

I know of them from some unfortunate TV remote control mistakes, can't say I've ever seen them as anything other than a pair of attention seeking charlatans however tend to agree with your last paragraph.

What with the Tears of a Clown DB and now these two, we just need to track down the two Italians from the late '80s Spotland half time "entertainment" and we've got our own little Travelling Dale Circus!!

Poll: Do I Know You?

Speakman statement on 18:31 - Apr 14 with 2108 viewsArthurDaley

A bit of the Speakmans, dont know if they are any good never watched them long enough.
They used to live in a big house on the right just before you get to littleborough. Down Speakman Lane. Though dont quote me.

A large VAT Dave

Speakman statement on 18:39 - Apr 14 with 2045 viewsfinberty

Saw them (by accident) on ITV's This Morning, 'assisting' someone with a fear of escalators.

Their cure was to make this person travel on an escalator.

"How did that feel then?' demanded Nic.

The person appeared both uncured and traumatised. But I suppose that's This Morning for you.
Speakman statement on 18:45 - Apr 14 with 2005 viewsD_Alien

Cold-eyed, sanitised expressions and fake smiles

Gives me the absolute creeps

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Speakman statement on 18:56 - Apr 14 with 1941 views442Dale

Putting this situation aside for a moment, why would any potential investors in a football club need to attend a match at the present time?

That’s a genuine question.

Also if a club can have up to 10 Club Representatives, surely they could then invite individual fans along as they too have as much connection with a club as any potential investor (if not more)?

Again, a genuine question.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 18:56]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024