Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsdale 22:05 - Apr 17 with 1048 viewssaint22

Worth a punt?
Ramsdale on 22:50 - Apr 17 with 1015 viewsBicester_North

We will have to get a keeper off the books first.

Gunn is being rotated at Stoke, McCarthy would be a decent reserve keeper. I still think Forster could be good again as he’s shown this season but doubt we will renew his contract so will be the easiest one to get off the wages.

As for Ramsdale he’s another young one who has has ups and downs. The lad at Swansea is a bit older and been very consistent.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ramsdale on 00:16 - Apr 18 with 987 viewsTimSaint

We need some major reconstruction work in the GK dept.

Neither FF or AMcC are good enough and Gunn is not fulfilling the early potential he showed and is rumoured to be going back to Stoke for another season long loan next term.

We therefore need to off 2 and get 1 first choice in.

Ramsdale is good enough to be our first choice, but even if we could get him cheaply, can we really trust a youngster who has just suffered back to back relegations ?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 0:33]

TimSaint

Ramsdale on 07:16 - Apr 18 with 912 viewssaint22

Ramsdale on 00:16 - Apr 18 by TimSaint

We need some major reconstruction work in the GK dept.

Neither FF or AMcC are good enough and Gunn is not fulfilling the early potential he showed and is rumoured to be going back to Stoke for another season long loan next term.

We therefore need to off 2 and get 1 first choice in.

Ramsdale is good enough to be our first choice, but even if we could get him cheaply, can we really trust a youngster who has just suffered back to back relegations ?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 0:33]

Good points
Off load Gunn and AM
Challenge FF to raise his game by bringing in a young hungry keeper? Johnstone at WBA?
it’s all dependent on many things but it needs sorting as you say
Ramsdale on 09:52 - Apr 18 with 830 viewsgreen

Sam Johnstone is 28, which is fairly young for a keeper but I think he’s been linked with bigger clubs so will probably be out of our price range.

Not a fan of Ramsdale at all, been relegated twice in two years. I think it’s the case where a keeper playing for a bottom team gets featured more in the highlights because he faces so many shots, seem to recall a similar thing happened a Cardiff the first time they were up. Overall I know a Sheff Utd fan who does not rate him.
Ramsdale on 10:04 - Apr 18 with 821 viewspjt50

Never been convinced. Not a bad shot stopper but I don't think he's a sufficiently commanding presence in the area. Not what a shaky back four needs.

On the plus side, I doubt if any goalkeeper has ever been relegated from the Premier League three seasons running.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ramsdale on 11:56 - Apr 18 with 744 viewskingslandstand1

Everyone has been wondering why after such a successful season last year, Sheff Utd have gone back down this season. Is it no coincidence that there was a change in keeper from one that is now keeping de Gea out at Utd and they took Ramsdale from a relegated club and have now gone down themselves?

I think he'd need to get a better CV first
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024