Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Var next season 20:22 - Jun 10 with 1286 viewssaint22

I just read on SSN that to help the offside issues next season VAR will use THICKER lines to determine if a player is off or not!??
Wtf are They doing
Var next season on 22:44 - Jun 10 with 1168 viewsDorsetIan

It’s not so stupid.

Thicker lines is one way to reduce the stupid microscopic offsides.

Thicker lines can overlap and presumably there would be a rule insisting on a clear gap between the lines for a player to be offside.

The whole of VAR should be scrapped IMO but this would at least make it less likely that players who are level are called offside, which for me is the biggest joke with the thing.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Var next season on 06:21 - Jun 11 with 1093 viewsdwayne_dibley

VAR in the PL is fecked because the referees are deliberately screwing it up to protect their jobs

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Var next season on 07:43 - Jun 11 with 1059 viewssaint22

Var next season on 22:44 - Jun 10 by DorsetIan

It’s not so stupid.

Thicker lines is one way to reduce the stupid microscopic offsides.

Thicker lines can overlap and presumably there would be a rule insisting on a clear gap between the lines for a player to be offside.

The whole of VAR should be scrapped IMO but this would at least make it less likely that players who are level are called offside, which for me is the biggest joke with the thing.

It won't eradicate the problem though will it, it will purely add another dimension to it
Var next season on 07:51 - Jun 11 with 1053 viewsdwayne_dibley

they ought to adopt gender and race neutral line colours

Var next season on 08:33 - Jun 11 with 1037 viewsDorsetIan

Var next season on 07:43 - Jun 11 by saint22

It won't eradicate the problem though will it, it will purely add another dimension to it

It should eradicate the really stupid marginal decisions by building a sensible margin of error, but generally I agree. Drawing lines on a computer screen should form no part of refereeing a football match. Completely unnecessary.

Var next season on 08:55 - Jun 11 with 1026 viewsBazza

Var next season on 08:33 - Jun 11 by DorsetIan

It should eradicate the really stupid marginal decisions by building a sensible margin of error, but generally I agree. Drawing lines on a computer screen should form no part of refereeing a football match. Completely unnecessary.

Why not just program the VAR computer to indicate offside, I’m sure technology is capable?
Then no need for offsite official. The only debate would be the initial programming criteria.
Var next season on 09:00 - Jun 11 with 1024 viewssaint22

Var next season on 08:55 - Jun 11 by Bazza

Why not just program the VAR computer to indicate offside, I’m sure technology is capable?
Then no need for offsite official. The only debate would be the initial programming criteria.

You would think the Hawkeye people could sort this mess out
If thy can determine a tennis ball is mm over a line at 130mph then surely they could isolate a 6ft 200lb man at 10mph
Var next season on 10:17 - Jun 11 with 969 viewsDorsetIan

Var next season on 09:00 - Jun 11 by saint22

You would think the Hawkeye people could sort this mess out
If thy can determine a tennis ball is mm over a line at 130mph then surely they could isolate a 6ft 200lb man at 10mph

Technical problem is three moving players involved: passer, attacker and defender, and no fixed points of reference such as lines or wickets.

Login to get fewer ads

Var next season on 18:57 - Jun 11 with 857 viewsTripleNiemi

Var next season on 07:51 - Jun 11 by dwayne_dibley

they ought to adopt gender and race neutral line colours

Reckon you could be on to something. If the players toe or eyebrow is in line with the yellow portion of the rainbow then it's a definate offside. Purple or any other colour would be a legitimate goal.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 18:58]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Var next season on 07:33 - Jun 12 with 714 viewsdwayne_dibley

Var next season on 18:57 - Jun 11 by TripleNiemi

Reckon you could be on to something. If the players toe or eyebrow is in line with the yellow portion of the rainbow then it's a definate offside. Purple or any other colour would be a legitimate goal.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 18:58]

or they could do it all in Octarine

Var next season on 10:08 - Jun 12 with 676 viewsdirk_doone

Var next season on 06:21 - Jun 11 by dwayne_dibley

VAR in the PL is fecked because the referees are deliberately screwing it up to protect their jobs

We bring in top European footballers so why not bring in their referees as well? I'm sure the Premier League could afford them. The Dutch referee last night put ours to shame. I can imagine what a shambles a game between two potentially volatile teams like Italy and Turkey would have descended into if one of our Premier League referees had been there instead.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 10:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Var next season on 10:26 - Jun 12 with 663 viewsElijahK

Pretty simple answer for me personally. It should simply be used for decisions that people can’t argue with, like mistaken identity, offsides (which I think should only be measured from your foot, full stop!), whether it was inside/outside the box. As then it would end al, the debates and such, as no matter what officials do, you will always get 50:50 decisions where one side isn’t going to be happy, and VAR can do nothing about this, and as shown by this season, even with the blatant decisions, certain officials still mess up! Whilst at least by only using it for these reasons, then it will certainly end 99% of VAR debates and can mean that fans may be able to celebrate a bit more, after a goal is scored!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Var next season on 11:37 - Jun 12 with 651 viewsdwayne_dibley

Var next season on 10:08 - Jun 12 by dirk_doone

We bring in top European footballers so why not bring in their referees as well? I'm sure the Premier League could afford them. The Dutch referee last night put ours to shame. I can imagine what a shambles a game between two potentially volatile teams like Italy and Turkey would have descended into if one of our Premier League referees had been there instead.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 10:09]

that is so true

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024