Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English FA in meltdown..... just smile 10:23 - Jul 13 with 4312 views1983

The Daily Mirror "The Ugly face of football returns" IT NEVER WENT AWAY these people are living in cuckoo land.

Booing their own players taking the knee
English fans of all colour fighting the Police all over London
English fans fighting English fans
English fans attacking Italian couples on the streets of London
Fans breaking into Wembley but at the time the FA said just a few but now it was 100's
3 missed penalties just happen to be black players getting abuse from their own fans

And that's what that game will be remembered for oh and in the middle of a global pandemic .......what a cock of a country eh?

Thank God I'm Welsh

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:18 - Jul 14 with 635 viewsGwyn737

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 19:20 - Jul 14 by Catullus

We can break the link with BLM if we have the will, the personal desire. We don't associate BLM with getting a knighthood or a wedding proposal, or other things people get down on one knee for.

If we're going to have change then people have to change. If we keep insisting something can't change, it won't change.

It's like the Cardiff thing, it's not a love in with the Bassey's, it's just supporting Wales. On a derby day the same old feelings bubble through. Some people don't seem willing or capable of seperating the two occassions.

Or Cat the team(s) keep winning.

Amazing how less Marxist the England team got the further they got in the competition.

It’s almost as it those booing fans didn’t really think it was a BLM thing at all.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:59 - Jul 14 with 608 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 19:20 - Jul 14 by Catullus

We can break the link with BLM if we have the will, the personal desire. We don't associate BLM with getting a knighthood or a wedding proposal, or other things people get down on one knee for.

If we're going to have change then people have to change. If we keep insisting something can't change, it won't change.

It's like the Cardiff thing, it's not a love in with the Bassey's, it's just supporting Wales. On a derby day the same old feelings bubble through. Some people don't seem willing or capable of seperating the two occassions.

Getting a knighthood or proposing isn’t making a silent protest over a race issue.

The knee in that form is absolutely linked to BLM, and is often paired with the BLM black power fist and even the hashtag BLM. The link is tangible, not something that can be broken.

It’s pretty simple, if the knee in football has nothing to do with the political movement, then change it to something that can’t be associated with it.

It’s not for anyone else to change clear links, it’s for people doing it to be responsible enough to know what they are doing.

Would you accept it if white people started using the N word and said they are changing the meaning to mean “friend” and when people get upset suggest it is their issue for not having the will to break the association?

Come on now.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:12 - Jul 14 with 595 viewsGwyn737

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:59 - Jul 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Getting a knighthood or proposing isn’t making a silent protest over a race issue.

The knee in that form is absolutely linked to BLM, and is often paired with the BLM black power fist and even the hashtag BLM. The link is tangible, not something that can be broken.

It’s pretty simple, if the knee in football has nothing to do with the political movement, then change it to something that can’t be associated with it.

It’s not for anyone else to change clear links, it’s for people doing it to be responsible enough to know what they are doing.

Would you accept it if white people started using the N word and said they are changing the meaning to mean “friend” and when people get upset suggest it is their issue for not having the will to break the association?

Come on now.

Actually I quite like the idea of reclaiming words.

Goodness knows how you do it, mind.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:55 - Jul 14 with 572 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:12 - Jul 14 by Gwyn737

Actually I quite like the idea of reclaiming words.

Goodness knows how you do it, mind.

I’ve always thought it was a ridiculous idea. Because the word will have deeper rooted meaning to others, it’s not a universal switch. Meaning there will always be issues.

If you want to call someone a friend then do it without using such an emotive word and banish that word to where it belongs.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 07:18 - Jul 15 with 530 viewsGwyn737

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:55 - Jul 14 by Dr_Parnassus

I’ve always thought it was a ridiculous idea. Because the word will have deeper rooted meaning to others, it’s not a universal switch. Meaning there will always be issues.

If you want to call someone a friend then do it without using such an emotive word and banish that word to where it belongs.

You should hear some of the words I call my friends 🤣
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 10:28 - Jul 15 with 479 viewsCatullus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:18 - Jul 14 by Gwyn737

Or Cat the team(s) keep winning.

Amazing how less Marxist the England team got the further they got in the competition.

It’s almost as it those booing fans didn’t really think it was a BLM thing at all.

Some things will never change Gwyn and when failures come people look for reasons, look for scapegoats.

We can't accept defeat, us sports fans are the worst! We rarely accept being beaten by the better team, unless it's the FA cup and it's Bashley v Man City! Look at our play off final. Many of us on here (including myself) wanted someone to blame and we chose Cooper. Maybe we were always going to lose (if you believe in fate) because Brentford are the better team. maybe they were just due.
However, not all of us resort to the abuse and the outright hatred that some people resort to.
The media (as someone else on here has said) has a lot to answer for. Think back to the 70's and 80's, pitch invaders were shown, they were followed by the camers as their fans cheered. At Wembley the pitch invader was ignored, no fame, no attention. The media coverage of the final drove up expectations to a fever pitch. They wound and wound until people were wound so tight they were ready to snap and snap they did.

BLM are in the past now, they hardly get a mention, we can look at taking the knee as an anti racist gesture if we want to. Personally I wouldn't do it and it should be a personal choice. Some people just won't let BLM go because it's part of their agenda, the narrative they want to push.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 11:09 - Jul 15 with 475 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 10:28 - Jul 15 by Catullus

Some things will never change Gwyn and when failures come people look for reasons, look for scapegoats.

We can't accept defeat, us sports fans are the worst! We rarely accept being beaten by the better team, unless it's the FA cup and it's Bashley v Man City! Look at our play off final. Many of us on here (including myself) wanted someone to blame and we chose Cooper. Maybe we were always going to lose (if you believe in fate) because Brentford are the better team. maybe they were just due.
However, not all of us resort to the abuse and the outright hatred that some people resort to.
The media (as someone else on here has said) has a lot to answer for. Think back to the 70's and 80's, pitch invaders were shown, they were followed by the camers as their fans cheered. At Wembley the pitch invader was ignored, no fame, no attention. The media coverage of the final drove up expectations to a fever pitch. They wound and wound until people were wound so tight they were ready to snap and snap they did.

BLM are in the past now, they hardly get a mention, we can look at taking the knee as an anti racist gesture if we want to. Personally I wouldn't do it and it should be a personal choice. Some people just won't let BLM go because it's part of their agenda, the narrative they want to push.

Not sure what makes you think it’s in the past? It’s an active political movement having very real ramifications for people’s lives. It’s ruined countless minority family's lives who are still trying to repair the damage they caused and some may never repair it.

If it has nothing to do with the politics then why persist with something that is so clearly linked to it and so raw?

Doesn’t seem quite right to me. Why is it up for everyone else to change their perception of what the symbol means, when it’s clearly still very much an active one. Why can’t it be up for those wanting to make a gesture in a sensible manner with no political links?

I think division is what they want. True racism is rare, it’s almost like they have to get them to boo and disapprove of something else in order to pretend they are booing their cause and show they are doing it for a reason.

Kick it Out got universal backing, as it obviously would... but universal agreement seems too boring and not divisive enough for these people. Very tiring.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024