Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English FA in meltdown..... just smile 10:23 - Jul 13 with 4313 views1983

The Daily Mirror "The Ugly face of football returns" IT NEVER WENT AWAY these people are living in cuckoo land.

Booing their own players taking the knee
English fans of all colour fighting the Police all over London
English fans fighting English fans
English fans attacking Italian couples on the streets of London
Fans breaking into Wembley but at the time the FA said just a few but now it was 100's
3 missed penalties just happen to be black players getting abuse from their own fans

And that's what that game will be remembered for oh and in the middle of a global pandemic .......what a cock of a country eh?

Thank God I'm Welsh

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:07 - Jul 13 with 1165 viewsFireboy2

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 20:17 - Jul 13 by Catullus

Maybe someone who went could answer this, but, when we lost in the Semi's in 2016, weren't there Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and Newport fans there? Was there any trouble?

You're always going to get a it of trouble when lots of young people get lashed up but I don't think it's anything like it was in the 70's and 80's.

I accept I could be wrong and I'll defer to anybody who knows better, because they were there.

I went to two games in 2016, no problems whatsoever.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:43 - Jul 13 with 1121 viewsKilkennyjack

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 17:02 - Jul 13 by Boundy

No should I have ?

Well Cymru fans won an award for their contribution to the tournament.

Peaceful, loud and Together Stronger.

You guessed wrong. I was there.

Repeat after me …. cymru is not England .🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Beware of the Risen People

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:44 - Jul 13 with 1118 viewsKilkennyjack

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 17:08 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Did you?

Yes - did you ? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:47 - Jul 13 with 1111 viewsKilkennyjack

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 20:17 - Jul 13 by Catullus

Maybe someone who went could answer this, but, when we lost in the Semi's in 2016, weren't there Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and Newport fans there? Was there any trouble?

You're always going to get a it of trouble when lots of young people get lashed up but I don't think it's anything like it was in the 70's and 80's.

I accept I could be wrong and I'll defer to anybody who knows better, because they were there.

Yes and no trouble.

Its nothing like the bad old days.

FAW take a bow, as well as the fans.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:48 - Jul 13 with 1110 viewsKilkennyjack

This will never be England.

Bunch of bully boys, until Russia came calling toe to toe.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:03 - Jul 13 with 1090 viewsFireboy2

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:48 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

This will never be England.

Bunch of bully boys, until Russia came calling toe to toe.

That is brilliant to see, as you say england fans would never behave that well
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:18 - Jul 13 with 1081 viewsraynor94

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:44 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Yes - did you ? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

No, can take or leave International football, watched most of it on holiday in Greece

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:28 - Jul 13 with 1073 viewsmajorraglan

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 21:47 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Yes and no trouble.

Its nothing like the bad old days.

FAW take a bow, as well as the fans.

I went to 1 game at the Euros in 2016, but was there for longer than that. There were no issues at the game I attended, but in the place where I stayed there was a bunch of Cardiff fans. Met were try, but there was an undercurrent with 1 or 2 who were of the older generation, I’d say they were mid to late 50s. We had kids with us and watched ourselves.
Login to get fewer ads

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:42 - Jul 13 with 1063 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 12:02 - Jul 13 by monmouth

Plenty of Swans fans around me booing our team doing the knee at Wembley. Just saying. Those English ‘fans’ disgust me, but I think we have a fair few of that ilk in both Wales and Swansea. Welsh fans fighting Welsh fans has always been a thing too.

I would, however, like to think we would have handled that occasion a lot better if it had been us there against Italy and at the milstad. I don’t think we’re likely to find out for sure anytime soon.

Fans of all clubs will boo the knee, the reasons for that have been discussed in great detail. It’s political links are clear so any explanation to say they are doing it for some other reason won’t be enough to take the visible link away, especially when that political movement is still very much active alongside it and visibly destroying communities as we speak.

Have you seen the Ami Horowitz documentary on the organisation? It’s a perfectly rational and expected response to such a political statement, especially for any traditionally Jewish clubs. BLM have destroyed synagogues, Jewish communities and filled their areas with racist graffiti... not that the media will report on it though.

So for any rational thinker, that isn’t the issue. It’s a logical response.

The issue is the violence and the stadium security though, some of the videos are hideous. England has a culture of football violence to the point they glorified it in British film. I am amazed they got such a favourable response from the tournament with regards to hosting so many games.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:56 - Jul 13 with 1057 viewsGwyn737

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:42 - Jul 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Fans of all clubs will boo the knee, the reasons for that have been discussed in great detail. It’s political links are clear so any explanation to say they are doing it for some other reason won’t be enough to take the visible link away, especially when that political movement is still very much active alongside it and visibly destroying communities as we speak.

Have you seen the Ami Horowitz documentary on the organisation? It’s a perfectly rational and expected response to such a political statement, especially for any traditionally Jewish clubs. BLM have destroyed synagogues, Jewish communities and filled their areas with racist graffiti... not that the media will report on it though.

The issue is the violence and the stadium security though, some of the videos are hideous. England has a culture of football violence to the point they glorified it in British film. I am amazed they got such a favourable response from the tournament with regards to hosting so many games.

I wholly agree that taking the knee is now powerless has become an empty gesture.

I understand that people will make the BLM link no matter how coherently a different reasoning is explained.

However, when I see players taking the knee I genuinely associate it with Colin Kaepernick and sympathise when the players are told they don’t know what they’re doing.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 23:17 - Jul 13 with 1035 viewsKilkennyjack

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:42 - Jul 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Fans of all clubs will support our players taking the knee and clap louder than the boo boy idiots.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 23:44 - Jul 13 with 1019 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 23:17 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Fans of all clubs will support our players taking the knee and clap louder than the boo boy idiots.

It’s not a panto competition (which some seem to think these days) where the loudest is most correct.

People are welcome to clap, people are welcome to boo.

The reasons for both doing that are not affected by noises in the stands. The reasoning is clear as to why there will not be agreement on such a divisive action.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 23:52 - Jul 13 with 1013 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:56 - Jul 13 by Gwyn737

I wholly agree that taking the knee is now powerless has become an empty gesture.

I understand that people will make the BLM link no matter how coherently a different reasoning is explained.

However, when I see players taking the knee I genuinely associate it with Colin Kaepernick and sympathise when the players are told they don’t know what they’re doing.

Colin Kaepernick was doing it for the same reasons as BLM started to do it, because of the false narrative that black people are being targeted by police for violence.

It has been proven to be a lie time and time again and there has been very real consequences for that lie as there was in that Michael Brown “hands up don’t shoot” narrative which sparked the knee from Keapernick, both black and white witnesses (over 40 of them) said was not the way it happened at all, backed by extensive forensic and DNA testing. Didn’t stop the lie spreading like wildfire though, and still exists today.

So Kaepernicks reasoning for kneeling was just as destructive and damaging as the BLM reasoning. Both perpetuate a lie and put people in very real danger. There is a reason people of all colours and creeds were annoyed with Kaepernicks lie peddling and disrespect and is the same reason people of all colours and creeds reject BLM in their droves.

Thousands of people have lost businesses, homes, their livelihoods and even family members off the back of this nonsense. $6bn worth of damage to largely minority communities off the back of this nonsense just in the past 18 months, much of which was uninsured.

For reference regarding the Ferguson/Brown lie (it isn’t disputed):-

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/hands-up-dont-shoot-false-216736
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 0:34]

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 02:13 - Jul 14 with 978 viewsJack59

I was in my teens when organised football violence started to get going in the late sixties and early seventies, for many years it was extremely well publicised by the media, their coverage on TV and in the papers helped stoke the fire, and provided the fuel to inflame the situation until many deaths resulted, and there was regular trouble at every virtually ground in the country.
There were some wise people at the time saying that the publicity that the 'hooligan problem' was getting, was actually making matters significantly worse. I think most people realised that was probably true, but they could do nothing about it.
Sadly, the media senior managemant people, who were in a position to help calm everything down, didn't see it as their responsibility, they seemed to be more than happy for the problem to persist, even though it meant some fans losing their lives.
The problem is that in their media world, disharmony trumps harmony, and War is far more desirable than Peace.
Fast Forward 50 years, replace the 'hooligans' with 'racists' and here we go again.
This is exactly the sort of situation that the media thrives on, the more they can divide people the better for them. If the BBC could get away with newsreaders bending the knee before the six o clock news, they would be doing it, they back it to the hilt, no other gesture is good enough, it has to be that one because they know the knee gesture successfully divides the population.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 08:23 - Jul 14 with 883 viewsKilkennyjack

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 23:44 - Jul 13 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not a panto competition (which some seem to think these days) where the loudest is most correct.

People are welcome to clap, people are welcome to boo.

The reasons for both doing that are not affected by noises in the stands. The reasoning is clear as to why there will not be agreement on such a divisive action.

Why boo then ?

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 08:26 - Jul 14 with 882 viewsKilkennyjack

‘England fans launched “random attacks on Italians” after the final of the Euro 2020 tournament, police have said.

Forces across the country are still collating figures on the number of incidents targeting supporters of Italy, who won the tournament on penalties.

More than 2,300 police incidents linked to the Euros have so far been recorded, surpassing the 2018 World Cup to make it the worst football tournament on record for crime.

They include stabbings, glassings, fights and assaults on police officers, with at least 622 people arrested so far in England.

Cheshire Constabulary chief constable Mark Roberts, who is the national lead for football policing, told The Independent: “We have seen random attacks on Italians ... Italians celebrating the win have been attacked.’

10 year ban for England, football does not need them. Disgrace.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 08:29 - Jul 14 with 878 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 08:23 - Jul 14 by Kilkennyjack

Why boo then ?

I just explained that.

Because the symbol is synonymous with an active political movement which is destructive both economically and socially.

So while they may well not be using that gesture to promote that political movement, they are doing it by proxy.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 10:36 - Jul 14 with 846 viewsKilkennyjack

The England squad has refused to meet Boris Johnson for a Number10 reception.

Well done Mr Southgate.

BLM ✊🏾

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 10:44 - Jul 14 with 842 viewsDr_Parnassus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 10:36 - Jul 14 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Mr Southgate.

BLM ✊🏾

And that’s exactly why people boo, you have just connected their stance to BLM yourself.

As no doubt others have and will.

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 15:21 - Jul 14 with 778 viewsReslovenSwan1

Well done Mr Southgate.

BLM ✊🏾

They mostly refused to accept their medals too. White middle aged fat blokes have feelings too. People cannot pick and chose. Respect for all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 16:15 - Jul 14 with 758 viewsGwyn737

Young black English players have chosen their symbol. It's not for us to tell them they can't have it because a minority of people can't get on board with it.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 17:49 - Jul 14 with 730 viewsonehunglow

So we are all,over doves are we.

Last time I was in Cardiff ,friendly it was not.

We are seeing pure hypocrisy .

Tolerant nation we are as anyone can witness

Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 18:37 - Jul 14 with 716 viewsBillyChong

Well done Mr Southgate.

BLM ✊🏾

Shows how disrespected Boris the buffoon is
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 19:08 - Jul 14 with 694 viewspencoedjack

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 17:49 - Jul 14 by onehunglow

So we are all,over doves are we.

Last time I was in Cardiff ,friendly it was not.

We are seeing pure hypocrisy .

Tolerant nation we are as anyone can witness

Innit

Obviously the racist abuse received by Cabango & Matondo has been forgotten.

I’m amazed by the love in with Basseys at Wales games, I must be drinking in the wrong pubs.
English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 19:20 - Jul 14 with 685 viewsCatullus

English FA in meltdown..... just smile on 22:56 - Jul 13 by Gwyn737

We can break the link with BLM if we have the will, the personal desire. We don't associate BLM with getting a knighthood or a wedding proposal, or other things people get down on one knee for.

If we're going to have change then people have to change. If we keep insisting something can't change, it won't change.

It's like the Cardiff thing, it's not a love in with the Bassey's, it's just supporting Wales. On a derby day the same old feelings bubble through. Some people don't seem willing or capable of seperating the two occassions.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024