Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the Swansea model collapsed? 14:36 - Jul 28 with 2658 viewsReslovenSwan1

Roberts being injured is bad news. Roberts being injured and out of contract next Summer is terrible news.

Swansea's 'modus operandi ' has been to sell players at high prices and buy them at low prices. Bony Sigurdson etc . Swansea struggled when the club ventured into high price players Borja, Clucas and Sanches.

In the championship Swansea got good money for jewels from the underage group. McBurnie, James and Rodon. £50m+?

Sadly for Swansea the PLAYER SALE MARKET HAS COLLAPSED and this model is failing. Grimes £5m is not good and they will no get much for Roberts either.

The club must their simply make a small profit and keep good young players under contract for longer. The likes of Benda, Brandon Cooper and Garrick could stay longer and not get picked off if they do well.

Adapt to the conditions or pay a heavy price.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 17:27 - Jul 28 with 513 viewsReslovenSwan1

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 17:03 - Jul 28 by Chief

So every signing the club makes and will make for eternity are thanks to the sellouts

Oh there's a pathway is there? Didn't Cooper destroy that pathway by bringing in youngsters from elsewhere? Something which you hope Morris will continue?

Well Jenkins apparently hasn't attended a single shareholders meeting since he was sacked so presumably has no say.

The model includes income from the premier league? Income the club is no longer receiving?

A lot of your fantastical theories and scenarios that you dream up on the one hand the denigrate certain entities (Cooper/Trust) and to laud others (Americans/sellouts/Winter) are starting to trip up over themselves aren't they?

A classic Chief stunt. He politely asks a question then goes on a rant using emotional phraseology. "fantastical" "dream up" "sellouts ". You are truly a graduate of a fine welsh Sunday school education.

I set up this interesting thread to look at the economics of football and how the Swansea city model fits into the football food chain. I have identified some possible future problems relating to football economic 'headwinds'.

You appear to have not been able to understand it for some reason and delve into you 'pet theme' of the past owners selling or part selling their shares.

I've moved on from Cooper. He ducked out of the third year of his contract. If he felt he was a top coach he would relish a third year to get his methods across and develop players some of whom he chose like Latibeaudeire. When the parachute stopped Cooper jumped.

I support those that fight for Swansea City, here and now. I do not lavish praise on those that leave or make moves to leave. The American are not leaving far from it. In fact they are putting money into the club not taking it out.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 17:28]

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 17:45 - Jul 28 with 491 viewsChief

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 17:27 - Jul 28 by ReslovenSwan1

A classic Chief stunt. He politely asks a question then goes on a rant using emotional phraseology. "fantastical" "dream up" "sellouts ". You are truly a graduate of a fine welsh Sunday school education.

I set up this interesting thread to look at the economics of football and how the Swansea city model fits into the football food chain. I have identified some possible future problems relating to football economic 'headwinds'.

You appear to have not been able to understand it for some reason and delve into you 'pet theme' of the past owners selling or part selling their shares.

I've moved on from Cooper. He ducked out of the third year of his contract. If he felt he was a top coach he would relish a third year to get his methods across and develop players some of whom he chose like Latibeaudeire. When the parachute stopped Cooper jumped.

I support those that fight for Swansea City, here and now. I do not lavish praise on those that leave or make moves to leave. The American are not leaving far from it. In fact they are putting money into the club not taking it out.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 17:28]

Well everyday you dream up these scenarios even including dialogue. Do you get your partner to act them out with you? I'm not religious.

I didn't bring up the sellouts.

Well the sellouts have left (or are sidelined) but you love them!
Another example of you tripping yourself up in this tangled web of fantasy you've constructed.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 18:08 - Jul 28 with 474 viewsReslovenSwan1

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 17:45 - Jul 28 by Chief

Well everyday you dream up these scenarios even including dialogue. Do you get your partner to act them out with you? I'm not religious.

I didn't bring up the sellouts.

Well the sellouts have left (or are sidelined) but you love them!
Another example of you tripping yourself up in this tangled web of fantasy you've constructed.

Wrong again you did use the pejorative word "sellouts" in your post. You seem to get yourself involved in chains of never ending acrimonious threads.

The part seller Morgan and Jenkins are heroes of mine. Their legacy persists. There is no reason to dislike them. They take the barbs and criticisms with good grace. I do my little bit to defend them at times.

They are still shareholders in the club. They believe in the club. Those that do not believe like Ayew, Cooper and perhaps fan owned shareholders can leave if that is what they want. Its unlikely they will ever be coming back.

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 18:30 - Jul 28 with 456 viewsChief

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 18:08 - Jul 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Wrong again you did use the pejorative word "sellouts" in your post. You seem to get yourself involved in chains of never ending acrimonious threads.

The part seller Morgan and Jenkins are heroes of mine. Their legacy persists. There is no reason to dislike them. They take the barbs and criticisms with good grace. I do my little bit to defend them at times.

They are still shareholders in the club. They believe in the club. Those that do not believe like Ayew, Cooper and perhaps fan owned shareholders can leave if that is what they want. Its unlikely they will ever be coming back.

What's wrong with the term 'sellouts'? They did sell out. You are involved in far more contentious and lengthy thread than me. Once that alarm goes in your head once a month when you must criticise the trust &go into propaganda mode, it's not really surprising. We are currently in the middle of that cycle now.

There's obvious reason dislike them. And thru deserve the bad press. Unfortunately they've sullied what should be a fantastic legacy.

Only two are.... And thru have no influence. Even to the point of selling their voting rights! It's pretty obvious theyd have sold the whole whack if they'd received a bid to do so. But of course the Americans have full control of the club while paying for 68%ish for it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 18:47 - Jul 28 with 436 viewsBillyChong

Has the Swansea model collapsed? on 16:09 - Jul 28 by ReslovenSwan1

The sellers devised not one but two successful models to keep Swansea in the higher echelons of English system. The US owners inherited the second one.

a) General trading. Buying mature players cheap and selling art an high price. e.g. Sigurdson, Shelvey, Cork. £65M+

b) Trading young prospects. McBurnie, James., Rodon £45m+

Trading mature players of quality has become very difficult Grimes £4m? Roberts £3m?

Brandon Cooper, Benda, Garrick, Joseph are talented players. Thank the sellers for them also. It will not be easy to get big money for them in this market even if the play brilliantly.

Fans are owner whatever happens to the club they are partly responsible for. Every one likes to dodge responsibility when times are tough and blame somebody else. Take a look around the club. It is perfect for Swansea. External factors are well out of the control of the sellers. They did a solid years service.

The club are in a weak position where seasoned, street wise traders like Levy spot a weakness and pounce. This coupled with a reduction in quality is why we aren’t able to sell for market prices.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024