Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread 01:43 - Aug 7 with 26624 viewsBoston

We do 'em, 2 - nuffink

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 7 with 2957 viewsrsonist

Alright for a first game against an obstinate opponent though.

Dickie say no more, de Wijs great too.

You'd have wanted Dykes to not be so meekly pocketed by Hutchinson and co ideally.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 7 with 2935 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Dickie was class, and the rest of the backline played quite well, too. Great to have JoJo back.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:01 - Aug 7 with 2905 viewssaxbend

Well I wouldn't have taken a point before the game, but having seen how difficult it was, I'll take it now and have few complaints about the team, all things considered.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 7 with 2838 viewsCiderwithRsie

Take that. Healthy reality check against a decent side. Didn't lose. Can do a lot better with a fully fit Johansen and Chair.

We may or may not get promoted but we're going to be in a lot of Goal Of The Month competitions.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:04 - Aug 7 with 2816 viewsBklynRanger

Ah well, decent effort. Took us a while to get into it but plenty to build on.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:05 - Aug 7 with 2783 viewsbosh67

Those kind of games have traditionally been easy for us to lose so not too disappointed. Lots of players need to shake the rust a bit more but plenty there to think will improve as the season goes on. I was very annoyed with Dickie on that run. I really think he should have passed it before deciding to smash it effortlessly into the net. Selfish! :) That run really reminded me of Roeder back in the day.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:05 - Aug 7 with 2778 viewsdanehoop

Basically we will get better from that game, with players coming back and others getting fully match fit. It will do as a start. Happy enough.

Never knowingly understood

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 7 with 2741 viewsrsonist

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 7 by CiderwithRsie

Take that. Healthy reality check against a decent side. Didn't lose. Can do a lot better with a fully fit Johansen and Chair.

We may or may not get promoted but we're going to be in a lot of Goal Of The Month competitions.

Definite learning curve. Warbs has spoken several times about aura and reputation with those swipes at the supposed Brentford PR machine -well, teams coming at you 100mph from the kickoff is what comes from that and something we'll need to absorb/duck.
Login to get fewer ads

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 7 with 2737 viewsBoston

Shrugging off my ‘trifle disappointed’, it’s only the first game feeling….reasonable outing against a better than expected (for me anyway), Millwall side. Barring the first ten minutes we were competent but barring the odd flash of skill, I didn’t see much today to bolster my confidence in a play off place, though I do think we’ll finish up there, the team has enough strengths to outlast most.
Orient here we come.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 17:09]

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:11 - Aug 7 with 2689 viewsBoston

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:05 - Aug 7 by bosh67

Those kind of games have traditionally been easy for us to lose so not too disappointed. Lots of players need to shake the rust a bit more but plenty there to think will improve as the season goes on. I was very annoyed with Dickie on that run. I really think he should have passed it before deciding to smash it effortlessly into the net. Selfish! :) That run really reminded me of Roeder back in the day.

Roeder indeed.

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:12 - Aug 7 with 2683 viewsMyke

You always know almost immediately if we are 'on it'. Very much started on the backfoot today, so pleased with a point. It was always going to be a tight game, but thought there might be another goal for each side. We have our first goal, another Dickie 'tap in' and we have our first point - onwards we go.
FOOTNOTE: Bonne score a last minute goal for Ipswich - hope he bangs them in and comes back super-confident.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:23 - Aug 7 with 2518 viewsted_hendrix

The fakes lose.

*Oh joyous day*

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 2491 viewsDiscodroids

Settle for a hard fought point on an opening day London Derby against the caveman boogie Untermencsh of south london.
I still think Lyndon Dykes ia about as mobile as Ross Jenkins with Gout and a kinder egg suppository of Durophet up his arsehole, but early days.

Not too Shabby. On we go.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 17:25]

A Number One.

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 7 with 2461 viewsstrikerace

Just saw a clip of the Swansea goalie giving their match away. LoL.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 2390 viewsVancouverHoop

Our expectations were high but it was a classic derby, and we've tended not to do very well with them recently. So in that sense it wasn't a disaster.

I don't have any stats to back this up, but I have the perception that we tend to start most games slowly and "feel" our way into them. Maybe Millwall knew that and didn't give us the opportunity.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:48 - Aug 7 with 2316 viewsHAYESBOY

Got to earn the right to play. We didn't start well. After 10 mins mostly controlled the rest of the first half.
Second half we struggled to take control of the game and I have to say, we were missing a striker to come on. Last 10 mins was them just bunging it up to Smith.

Word on the ref, he missed a lot of shirt pulling, main one first half when Willock was through and plain as day had his shirt pulled. Lino on the Paddock side was awful as well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:53 - Aug 7 with 2265 viewsFenwick_115

A much needed reality check and we should be grateful for it.

I thought a draw was probably the right result with some things looking good, others less so.

Dickie and de Wijs were fantastic and commanding but, at the other end, I was disappointed with Charlie and Dykes. Never really got going as a partnership, in my opinion, and I personally felt both were below par individually. Out of the 2 Austin was the biggest concern because he seemed to disappear too often and looked disengaged for a fair chunk too.

Onwards to Leyton Orient and a chance to set off on a long overdue run in the League Cup.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:57 - Aug 7 with 2216 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was happy with a point, Millwall played some decent stuff. We looked a little bit rusty and missed Chair but could have won it as their keeper made two good saves. (well I think the second was I was in line with the post)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 18:20 - Aug 7 with 2063 viewsMatch82

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 17:57 - Aug 7 by Metallica_Hoop

I was happy with a point, Millwall played some decent stuff. We looked a little bit rusty and missed Chair but could have won it as their keeper made two good saves. (well I think the second was I was in line with the post)

There were a lot of people tipping us as dark horses this year, but just as many tipping Millwall. We saw today that they can definitely play, I think we'll look back on this as a decent point
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 18:29 - Aug 7 with 1998 viewsjoe90

Very flat game and a bit of anti-climax to be honest. Poor start by us, not picking up the Millwall players coming up to the edge of the box. Dickie with a great equaliser, from where I was sitting I could see the Millwall players opening a path for him in anticipation of a pass, also got a nice view of the swerve.

Result was as I expected but thought we'd play better. Not sure about the substations. Odubajo looked fantastic, I hope he can stay fit.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 18:31 - Aug 7 with 1979 viewsrsonist

Hmm alright m8.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 19:07 - Aug 7 with 1798 viewsAntti_Heinola

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 18:29 - Aug 7 by joe90

Very flat game and a bit of anti-climax to be honest. Poor start by us, not picking up the Millwall players coming up to the edge of the box. Dickie with a great equaliser, from where I was sitting I could see the Millwall players opening a path for him in anticipation of a pass, also got a nice view of the swerve.

Result was as I expected but thought we'd play better. Not sure about the substations. Odubajo looked fantastic, I hope he can stay fit.

Very flat?
Maybe it has just been a long time, but i thought the atmosphere was great, and it was a full-blooded, enjoyable derby, a bit light on quality maybe, but enlivened with 2 superb goals and plenty of attacking play.
If you thought that was flat you’re going to hate it when we play Cov away in january.
Hardly a classic, but i loved it!

Bare bones.

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 19:31 - Aug 7 with 1703 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it’s been said but this game struck me as two decent but nervy sides neutralising each other.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 19:32 - Aug 7 with 1695 viewscolinallcars

Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 19:07 - Aug 7 by Antti_Heinola

Very flat?
Maybe it has just been a long time, but i thought the atmosphere was great, and it was a full-blooded, enjoyable derby, a bit light on quality maybe, but enlivened with 2 superb goals and plenty of attacking play.
If you thought that was flat you’re going to hate it when we play Cov away in january.
Hardly a classic, but i loved it!

I concur. We didn't really show our best football but it was a gutsy, enjoyable game. Great atmosphere enhanced by a bit of menace from the Wall fans.
Best afternoon I've had for, oh, 18 months.
Queens Park Rangers v Millwall Match Thread on 19:33 - Aug 7 with 1691 viewsflynnbo

I know it was disappointing not to have got 3 points but today was all about the return to HQ and pay our respects to those who are no longer with us. It was great just to be back at a competitive game with our friends and family. COYRS!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024