Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business 22:10 - Aug 7 with 5432 viewsMattFinish

Last season we started like an express train and faded badly. IMO that was due to lack of depth in the squad and when players couldn't be rotated and we picked up crucial injuries and suspensions it fell apart. Ralph identified the problem when he said he wanted 2 players for every position and by that he obviously meant that the back up would be of similar quality to the first choice.
So this transfer window has seen us sell, release or loan out 21 players including our first choice striker and right back and bring in 4 players, two of whom are 19 year olds. Diallo and Salisu are inexperienced youngsters and should be back ups but will probably be first choice.
We have two keepers who are probably the worse in the PL and the fact that Ralph doesn't fancy either says it all.
We're likely to lose Vestergaard which will leave Bednarek, Salisu and Stephens as our only CBs.
Valery and Livramento are our back up full backs. Lavrimento is a kid and we tried to get rid of Valery who is just not good enough.
JWP is likely to leave so we have Romeu and Armstrong as the only experienced midfielders unless you count Redmond who goes off the boil for 70% of the season. Otherwise you have Diallo, Smallbone and Djnepo who has not lived up to his early few games for us.
I've counted Walcott and Tella as strikers to make it look like we've got some. Tella could well be our star this season but is young and inexperienced. Walcott is inconsistent and injury prone.
The out and out strikers are Adams, Long and Obafemi. I think we'll be lucky to get 12 goals out of them.
So how the hell is this good transfer business other than for Goa and Kat?
We will be most likely missing four of our best performers last season with inferior replacements and a vastly reduced squad which was too thin last season
Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:17 - Aug 10 with 500 viewsBison

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:10 - Aug 10 by Saintsforeverj

This is somewhat true. I know a good few number of people, who can't afford it. A few Saints friends from school, (a long time ago!) only go to the 10 pounds cup games. They can't afford 40 pounds for one match. Add on the price for the rest of the family, it's just too expensive for some. So the passionate fans are being replaced by non passionate ones in the local area, who can afford it.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 16:12]

This is a problem with the premiership not just Saints though , so in effect this should even itself out across the division. I am not defending it the best atmosphere is always the away games , I used to live in Yorkshire so I used to see more away games then home ones and it was always a much more exciting day out. The games when we were in the lower leagues were great as well for the reason's you mention and it was much much cheaper. Winning alot also helped !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:22 - Aug 10 with 491 viewsBicester_North

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:17 - Aug 10 by Bison

This is a problem with the premiership not just Saints though , so in effect this should even itself out across the division. I am not defending it the best atmosphere is always the away games , I used to live in Yorkshire so I used to see more away games then home ones and it was always a much more exciting day out. The games when we were in the lower leagues were great as well for the reason's you mention and it was much much cheaper. Winning alot also helped !

It’s definitely a premier league problem but some clubs still seem to generate a good atmosphere either at home or away or both.
Be interesting to see if Leeds, Wolves and Villa go downhill the longer they stay in the PL

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:25 - Aug 10 with 477 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sorry Nick but sh*t transfer business on 16:17 - Aug 10 by Bison

Good point about the lower leagues. Some of the games in league one were 18 pounds or less for away games. In the PL, we really are missing some of the singers and the passionate fans, they just can't afford it and / or can't justify that amount for an hour and half football. It is a PL issue for sure. Some grounds are worst than Saints. Arsenal is silent, as are many grounds.The Saints away support is good though. Maybe the 30 pounds tickets help.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024