Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket office 22:14 - Sep 10 with 2947 viewswozzrafc

Has anyone else had trouble getting through to the ticket office?

Been trying at various times during the last three days to sort out a transfer on my season ticket to the family stand for tomorrow’s game, but all it does is ring out.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 22:15]
Ticket office on 22:19 - Sep 10 with 2914 viewsncfc_chalky

If they do not answer after a couple of calls send them an email and they will usually get back to you within the hour

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Ticket office on 22:31 - Sep 10 with 2884 viewsDaleFan7

Yes, been ringing for the last day and a half with no luck.
Ticket office on 10:20 - Sep 11 with 2626 viewsDaleFan7

Ticket office on 22:19 - Sep 10 by ncfc_chalky

If they do not answer after a couple of calls send them an email and they will usually get back to you within the hour

No luck with that either.

Guess we'll spend our money elsewhere.
Ticket office on 10:28 - Sep 11 with 2608 viewsHarry_Dale

Ticket office on 10:20 - Sep 11 by DaleFan7

No luck with that either.

Guess we'll spend our money elsewhere.

Nah…don’t do that! Stick with it!

Our club is in need of the money. Stay patient with it!

The whole world is short staffed - thru covid, working from home, isolation pings, social distancing etc.

We all just need to be a little more patient and a little kinder to the ones who turn up :)

Head to the game a little early speak to them in person. I’m sure they’ll be able to resolve your query.

The club needs everyone to pull together.

Up the dale :)
Ticket office on 11:24 - Sep 11 with 2534 viewsnordenblue

Ticket office on 10:28 - Sep 11 by Harry_Dale

Nah…don’t do that! Stick with it!

Our club is in need of the money. Stay patient with it!

The whole world is short staffed - thru covid, working from home, isolation pings, social distancing etc.

We all just need to be a little more patient and a little kinder to the ones who turn up :)

Head to the game a little early speak to them in person. I’m sure they’ll be able to resolve your query.

The club needs everyone to pull together.

Up the dale :)

The go to answer if all else fails "due to covid"...... the online ticket sales crashed too is that "due to covid", the whole 1 ticket per person for the cup game is poorly rushed together too, as my brother says "if they keep putting obstacles in the way there's plenty of other options to spend my money on"

It's a very easy habit to get out of they could do to remember that, the option not to pay cash on the day also discourages a certain amount of potential customers too, seems a funny way to run a business.
Ticket office on 11:28 - Sep 11 with 2527 views442Dale

Ticket office on 11:24 - Sep 11 by nordenblue

The go to answer if all else fails "due to covid"...... the online ticket sales crashed too is that "due to covid", the whole 1 ticket per person for the cup game is poorly rushed together too, as my brother says "if they keep putting obstacles in the way there's plenty of other options to spend my money on"

It's a very easy habit to get out of they could do to remember that, the option not to pay cash on the day also discourages a certain amount of potential customers too, seems a funny way to run a business.

The paying cash on the day at a turnstile really does need to be looked at, if nothing else it’ll actually reduce the workload for the ticket office.

On the Burnley tickets, aside from the issue of not being able to buy together online, the club got it spot on making it one per season card holder as each and every one of them should be afforded the opportunity within a priority window. For too long that has been forgotten about and it’s caused issues - most infamously at Blackpool at the start of 15/16.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ticket office on 11:34 - Sep 11 with 2500 viewswozzrafc

In the end I have had to spend £20 in order to go in the family stand with my son. The 12:30 cut off means I can’t take the chance turning up at the ground.

Unfortunately there’s no option online to transfer your tickets and if you live away you have no option but the phone.

When it’s busy you can understand but no answer for three days is concerning.

It also took 4 attempts to purchase online due to crashing.

This ticketing system seems to be causing lots of issues, hopefully the new board will look into it and hold the suppliers to account.
Ticket office on 11:57 - Sep 11 with 2455 viewsnordenblue

Ticket office on 11:28 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

The paying cash on the day at a turnstile really does need to be looked at, if nothing else it’ll actually reduce the workload for the ticket office.

On the Burnley tickets, aside from the issue of not being able to buy together online, the club got it spot on making it one per season card holder as each and every one of them should be afforded the opportunity within a priority window. For too long that has been forgotten about and it’s caused issues - most infamously at Blackpool at the start of 15/16.

We can all surely agree most folk go to games with someone or several others, what if a season ticket holder that wants to go to Burnley with a "non season ticket holder', guessing that's not very rare either...they will now be split up too.

When they go on "general sale" on Monday will that still involve only 1 per person, if so its ridiculous, they seem to create massive barriers for most "all ticket" games putting folk out initially then ease many restrictions near the actual game.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 12:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket office on 12:03 - Sep 11 with 2439 viewsDaleFan7

My Grandad is in his 80s and I work full time so no chance of getting there during the week.

There's no option online to buy two tickets even if you both have STs. I've emailed the ticket office, I've rung 100+ times over the last few days with no answer.

I'll be at the ground in about half an hour, if I can't buy one then I'll just give cup games a miss this season.
Ticket office on 12:57 - Sep 11 with 2330 views442Dale

Ticket office on 11:57 - Sep 11 by nordenblue

We can all surely agree most folk go to games with someone or several others, what if a season ticket holder that wants to go to Burnley with a "non season ticket holder', guessing that's not very rare either...they will now be split up too.

When they go on "general sale" on Monday will that still involve only 1 per person, if so its ridiculous, they seem to create massive barriers for most "all ticket" games putting folk out initially then ease many restrictions near the actual game.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 12:08]

Of course it won’t suit everyone but with the amount of season card holders we have each of them should have the opportunity to buy one first. If anyone else wants to have such priority, they could have bought a season card (including up to yesterday as well). There will never be a perfect solution, and there is a need for certain improvements to the structure, however for a game where there are limited tickets like Burnley - and Bradford and Salford will be the same soon - then the club are doing their best to prioritise season card holders. There’s no barriers there, only a need to refine around ensuring those who buy can sit together as we have identified.

Ticket office on 13:01 - Sep 11 with 2318 views442Dale

Ticket office on 12:03 - Sep 11 by DaleFan7

My Grandad is in his 80s and I work full time so no chance of getting there during the week.

There's no option online to buy two tickets even if you both have STs. I've emailed the ticket office, I've rung 100+ times over the last few days with no answer.

I'll be at the ground in about half an hour, if I can't buy one then I'll just give cup games a miss this season.

This is a situation that needs a better system in place. The club via the Trust have been contacted this week, will update on any progress.

It’s totally right that there needs to be an easier way for two season card holders to be able to buy tickets together. Whether that’s online or a dedicated phone line/email. There is no argument that season card holders should be able to buy for anyone without one unless the allocation for a game where we may sell out is double the amount of season cards held. Again, this is something which can be solved with a clear guide all fans are aware of that is followed in each instance.

Ticket office on 13:52 - Sep 11 with 2231 viewsD_Alien

Ticket office on 13:01 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

This is a situation that needs a better system in place. The club via the Trust have been contacted this week, will update on any progress.

It’s totally right that there needs to be an easier way for two season card holders to be able to buy tickets together. Whether that’s online or a dedicated phone line/email. There is no argument that season card holders should be able to buy for anyone without one unless the allocation for a game where we may sell out is double the amount of season cards held. Again, this is something which can be solved with a clear guide all fans are aware of that is followed in each instance.

Pleased to see that the Trust (via MK, no doubt) are being involved in this type of issue. It's precisely why a Trust board rep was appointed. Whereas before, these issues were either ignored or dismissed as "moaning fans" there is now a clear opportunity for valid issues to be taken up with the aim of resolution, and no less

The new board should also be far more receptive and there's no reason to think they won't be. In the meantime, fans should remain patient although i appreciate its not easy when trying to secure tickets for a game such as this tie

Criticism should be withheld until the club have the chance to sort these things out which, with IT issues in particular, can take time. It would of course help with patience for the issues to be publicly recognised

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ticket office on 13:59 - Sep 11 with 2216 viewsnordenblue

Ticket office on 12:57 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

Of course it won’t suit everyone but with the amount of season card holders we have each of them should have the opportunity to buy one first. If anyone else wants to have such priority, they could have bought a season card (including up to yesterday as well). There will never be a perfect solution, and there is a need for certain improvements to the structure, however for a game where there are limited tickets like Burnley - and Bradford and Salford will be the same soon - then the club are doing their best to prioritise season card holders. There’s no barriers there, only a need to refine around ensuring those who buy can sit together as we have identified.

Does the "general sale" that starts on Mon still put a limit to 1/person?

The folk they piss off for the games you mention are the very same ones they'll be crying out for on a freezing night in December, together with the many "how do we attract more fans" type of thread we get on here.
Ticket office on 14:18 - Sep 11 with 2183 views442Dale

Ticket office on 13:59 - Sep 11 by nordenblue

Does the "general sale" that starts on Mon still put a limit to 1/person?

The folk they piss off for the games you mention are the very same ones they'll be crying out for on a freezing night in December, together with the many "how do we attract more fans" type of thread we get on here.

Yes, so that it becomes a ‘first come/first served’ situation. ie. the fairest way. Is it perfect? No. But tickets are limited and it’s about finding the fairest way that everyone is aware of. Someone buying 20 online isn’t fair. Should it be two? Maybe. Anyone who looks outside their own personal needs will appreciate the club are trying their best, with the caveat the structure could be improved.

If you’ve any ideas, post here and will take them forward.

For example, how would you have done this to ensure all season card holders had the opportunity to get a ticket whilst not annoying others?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 14:22]

Ticket office on 15:48 - Sep 11 with 2079 viewsnordenblue

Ticket office on 14:18 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

Yes, so that it becomes a ‘first come/first served’ situation. ie. the fairest way. Is it perfect? No. But tickets are limited and it’s about finding the fairest way that everyone is aware of. Someone buying 20 online isn’t fair. Should it be two? Maybe. Anyone who looks outside their own personal needs will appreciate the club are trying their best, with the caveat the structure could be improved.

If you’ve any ideas, post here and will take them forward.

For example, how would you have done this to ensure all season card holders had the opportunity to get a ticket whilst not annoying others?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 14:22]

So if anyones planning to go with say 2/3 friends/family you require all 3 to queue up for a ticket, surely there's a better process?

I agree there does need to be some sort of cap,while I don't think 20 is the answer, im not too sure restricting it to 1 per person helps at all at any stage of the ticket sales either, even more so when they go on "general sale", it's pretty ridiculous to expect literally every single person wishing to attend must buy their own ticket individually.
Ticket office on 16:04 - Sep 11 with 2053 views442Dale

Ticket office on 15:48 - Sep 11 by nordenblue

So if anyones planning to go with say 2/3 friends/family you require all 3 to queue up for a ticket, surely there's a better process?

I agree there does need to be some sort of cap,while I don't think 20 is the answer, im not too sure restricting it to 1 per person helps at all at any stage of the ticket sales either, even more so when they go on "general sale", it's pretty ridiculous to expect literally every single person wishing to attend must buy their own ticket individually.

But for season card holders to have priority on this occasion would mean it has to be one per person.
Season card holders could take their friends/family cards along and purchase per card after the club made it clear that to ensure seated together, it’d have to be done at the office/over the phone.

Aside from sorting the online system, there is no better way of ensuring season card holders got priority.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024