Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Livramento 15:27 - Nov 2 with 1940 viewsSonicBoom

So what is the deal? He's our player but Chelsea have a buy back clause.
What does that mean?

That when we want to sell or he wants to leave we have to offer him to Chelsea first at a pre-arranged price? I've heard somewhere near 40 mill.

So what happens if he would be worth say 60 on the open market? We just have to swallow it? Anyone know ?
Livramento on 07:29 - Nov 5 with 208 viewsBerber

Livramento on 16:50 - Nov 2 by saints__fan__73

A buy back clause means that. They can buy him back whenever they stump up the agreed amount (as mentioned above there may be a time this becomes active)

Of course it makes sense. Why would Chelsea just give us one of their Academy stars for a meagre £5m? The only reason we got him was due to allowing this clause in. If he's great we get a great player until he goes and then a nice compensation amount and they get an experienced PL player back.

It makes perfect sense.

I agree. The two years mentioned previously is probably because they couldn't see any circumstances where he would get ahead of the current squad there. However, those players will have contracts ending, so like everyone, Chelsea know that they cannot hold on to all their players for as long as they like.

They have hedged their bets. Livramento would have wanted away anyway if he wasn't going to get first eleven game time, so Chelsea had to do something. They buy back is a neat "just in case" option. If the lad continues as he has started, I can see the £38m or whatever not being an issue. To quote Gary Lineker, "I think we've found one."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024