Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either ! 10:30 - Nov 9 with 2244 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56223/ralph-hasenhuttl-o

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 21:38 - Nov 10 with 542 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 10:04 - Nov 10 by SaintNick

His record is better than Eddie Howes in the last three years but he got the latest big boy sitting up, some clubs like Everton just look for so called big names, others look at what a manager has achieved with the resources he has got.

There are plenty of admirers of what Ralph has achieved here, in truth i agree that no one big probably think he is quite ready, but he isn't far off it

Since he’s been here, only Man City, Liverpool, Burnley and Leeds still have the same manager. The likes of spurs and Everton had a few mangers and not been interested in Ralph. If they were he wouldn’t be here.
I don’t think his achieved anything yet. Maybe this season will be different but without a decent goal scorer it looks like another lower mid table finish

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 21:40 - Nov 10 with 538 viewsMytchettSaint

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 20:14 - Nov 10 by Sadoldgit

When teams go down to 10 men, or even 9, they park the bus and as we have seen many times, the attacking teams usually find it difficult to break them down. It takes something special to get through a wall of players like that and we didn’t have it. I don’t blame him for it. The players have to take responsibility. He is a decent manager and I am sure he will go on to bigger and better things eventually.

I completely agree about teams going down a man/parking the bus but I guess in both 9-0’s we were men down and suffered a clobbering. How can other teams do it and not us?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:04 - Nov 10 with 514 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph has made mistakes but so did a lot of the managers before him. The 9 nils were dreadful but how do we know we wouldn't have lost like that had Hughes or Pellegrino stayed in charge with the squad we had and ravaged by injury? Ralph has at least, got some good results to make up for it like beating Man City at home, Liverpool at home, Chelsea away and others. Dean Smith spent 10 times more than Ralph at Villa,they haven't lost 9 nil but they are below us in the league. Everton have had various managers, spent loads and arn't much better than us. Bruce at Newcastle didn't lose 9 nil, but they were below us and they spent more. So we could get worse. We wouldn't get better than Ralph with Gao as owner.

This season, the team has played really well. Lacking a bit of quality and clinical edge, but the team have played with real effort and spirit. Ralph has learnt and seems to have found his best team. A new manager would have to start again, learning about the squad, going through the whole process again. Ralph's biggest mistake was probably to naively think we could attack like Barcelona and not get punished. He has learnt we can't, and tightened up. We have still managed to play some exciting and attacking football though. Ralph really does work hard, attending the B games, planning for the whole club. He accepts the working conditions (not many would). Without any money to spend on the team, Ralph really is the best person for the job, especially after learning from the experiences from the last few seasons. And imagine if Ralph had money. I bet if Ralph had Everton's money or Villa's, he would do better than their managers have.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:13 - Nov 10 with 505 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:04 - Nov 10 by Saintsforeverj

Ralph has made mistakes but so did a lot of the managers before him. The 9 nils were dreadful but how do we know we wouldn't have lost like that had Hughes or Pellegrino stayed in charge with the squad we had and ravaged by injury? Ralph has at least, got some good results to make up for it like beating Man City at home, Liverpool at home, Chelsea away and others. Dean Smith spent 10 times more than Ralph at Villa,they haven't lost 9 nil but they are below us in the league. Everton have had various managers, spent loads and arn't much better than us. Bruce at Newcastle didn't lose 9 nil, but they were below us and they spent more. So we could get worse. We wouldn't get better than Ralph with Gao as owner.

This season, the team has played really well. Lacking a bit of quality and clinical edge, but the team have played with real effort and spirit. Ralph has learnt and seems to have found his best team. A new manager would have to start again, learning about the squad, going through the whole process again. Ralph's biggest mistake was probably to naively think we could attack like Barcelona and not get punished. He has learnt we can't, and tightened up. We have still managed to play some exciting and attacking football though. Ralph really does work hard, attending the B games, planning for the whole club. He accepts the working conditions (not many would). Without any money to spend on the team, Ralph really is the best person for the job, especially after learning from the experiences from the last few seasons. And imagine if Ralph had money. I bet if Ralph had Everton's money or Villa's, he would do better than their managers have.

That’s villa that brought in more money last summer than spent!

Last season Ralph had a small squad because that’s what he wanted and liked to work that way! So that’s on him

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:27 - Nov 10 with 492 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:13 - Nov 10 by Butty101

Last season Ralph had a small squad because that’s what he wanted and liked to work that way! So that’s on him

And he has learnt that having a small squad was wrong and has addressed it. He has been through much learning, and this season Saints are much better for it. A new manager would have to start again with all of their naive ideas about trying to achieve with such tight resources. At the end of the day, this season we are playing well. Excellent result away at Man City, nearly beating West Ham and Man U, 10 points from the last 4 games and full of effort performances. The players are playing for the manager so I don't see the problem. We are 13th, in around mid table watching us play well and compete with the very best. I don't expect much more with the resources that the manager has. And I have watched a Hughes team, a Pellegrino team, a Redknapp team. They didn't lose 9 nil but it was poor, boring, hopeless week after week. I prefer watching Ralph's team and a manager that has a bit of character, passion and fight.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 22:41]

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:54 - Nov 10 with 463 viewshedgeend61

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:13 - Nov 10 by Butty101

They made £7m in the summer after selling Grealish for 100m.

The previous 10 transfer windows their net spend was minus £297m, the 7th highest in Europe, and lets be honest, for all that money, they're still rubbish.

How high were they aiming the darts, Europa League?, and not even got close, they would have been relegated the season before if the VAR was working properly.
Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 23:09 - Nov 10 with 456 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 22:54 - Nov 10 by hedgeend61

They made £7m in the summer after selling Grealish for 100m.

The previous 10 transfer windows their net spend was minus £297m, the 7th highest in Europe, and lets be honest, for all that money, they're still rubbish.

How high were they aiming the darts, Europa League?, and not even got close, they would have been relegated the season before if the VAR was working properly.

Exactly. That's 290 million pounds net, more that Dean Smith has had to spend than Ralph has had. Villa are below us in the league and have spent nealy 300 million more. Putting it like that, Ralph is doing ok under the circumstances. Again, put it another way, I would like to see how Ralph would do if he had 300 million to spend. He has done better, than a manager who has spent nearly 300 million, beating Villa last week. If only people could see the bigger picture.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 23:12]

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 10:16 - Nov 11 with 396 viewssaintwizzler

There you go.

Ralph to Rangers?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 10:17 - Nov 11 with 395 viewsMytchettSaint

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 10:16 - Nov 11 by saintwizzler

There you go.

Ralph to Rangers?

Lampard to Rangers

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 12:08 - Nov 11 with 335 viewsUlsterBaz

Ralph Hasenhuttl On Aston Villa And Norwich Radar But Why Would He Go To Either on 10:17 - Nov 11 by MytchettSaint

Lampard to Rangers

Lampard to Norwich I think. Rangers are likely to appoint Giovanni Van Bronckhorst.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024