Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The French need to take responsibility now. 17:57 - Nov 24 with 2359 viewssaint68

On hearing that at least 30 people being trafficked from France have perished the French authorities need to be held accountable for these deaths..

Macron has used these illegal crossings as a form of punishment on the UK..it now needs to completely stop..and the French need to stop playing politics with innocent people's lives

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The French need to take responsibility now. on 11:00 - Nov 26 with 546 views1885_SFC

Looks like we'll have to do something we've done twice before in recent history; land on French soil and sort their shít out for them.

Old School is Cool

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:30 - Nov 26 with 504 viewssaint68

The French need to take responsibility now. on 11:00 - Nov 26 by 1885_SFC

Looks like we'll have to do something we've done twice before in recent history; land on French soil and sort their shít out for them.

The French have multiple zones in some of their largest cities that the police themselves recognise as no go zones and don't police due to fears of attack.

So they clearly see that getting rid of thousands to the UK is of great benefit.

One of the greatest reasons for the popularity of right wing parties in recent years.

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:39 - Nov 26 with 498 viewsfranniesTache

For all those of you talking about how attractive benefits are you do realise that illegal immigrants don't qualify for them right?

Refugee's on the other hand, as in people with a valid claim to refugee in the UK, can claim benefits after their application has been processed, but there's a cap to the amount they can claim that falls well below what a UK national can claim.

A single person living outside London who has accepted refugee status can receive in benefits is capped at £13,400 a year, or £15,410 if they live in London.
The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 495 viewsBerber

The French are as powerless to receiving refugees across their borders as we are, and face the same issues. The migrants that register/settle there have passed through other "less desirable" destinations along the way.

Much as I think Macron is a self serving firker, and the French are, as one of our senior diplomats put it a few years ago in a radio interview, "Not to be trusted," I think on this particular matter, we will always be on to a loser.
The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 495 viewssaint68

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:39 - Nov 26 by franniesTache

For all those of you talking about how attractive benefits are you do realise that illegal immigrants don't qualify for them right?

Refugee's on the other hand, as in people with a valid claim to refugee in the UK, can claim benefits after their application has been processed, but there's a cap to the amount they can claim that falls well below what a UK national can claim.

A single person living outside London who has accepted refugee status can receive in benefits is capped at £13,400 a year, or £15,410 if they live in London.

So include the costs of housing, health care and obviously food and beverage to the mix..all of which are free to illegal immigrants...these are classified as benefits FT

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:46 - Nov 26 with 492 viewsSaintsforeverj

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:39 - Nov 26 by franniesTache

But the question still remains, why do they risk their lives to come to Britain? You would risk your life if you were in a war zone ofcourse. But France is a safe country. But having seen the news last night, with 6 People living in one small tent by a railway, in freezing conditions, so this is one reason why they might come toa country that doesn't treat them like that.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:48 - Nov 26 with 487 viewsfranniesTache

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:45 - Nov 26 by saint68

So include the costs of housing, health care and obviously food and beverage to the mix..all of which are free to illegal immigrants...these are classified as benefits FT

but not really a long term sustainable plan are they? If you told your family you were going to move them to a country that would provide you with a hotel for a short duration of time before moving you to a processing camp from which you could ultimately be ejected from that country would you think it a benefit that made risk your and your families life worthwhile?

Plus there's also the fact, as mentioned by others here, that the french do the same, so are our hotels significantly better than the french which makes them more desirable?
The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:51 - Nov 26 with 482 viewsSaintsforeverj

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:48 - Nov 26 by franniesTache

but not really a long term sustainable plan are they? If you told your family you were going to move them to a country that would provide you with a hotel for a short duration of time before moving you to a processing camp from which you could ultimately be ejected from that country would you think it a benefit that made risk your and your families life worthwhile?

Plus there's also the fact, as mentioned by others here, that the french do the same, so are our hotels significantly better than the french which makes them more desirable?

I don't think I have ever seen the UK put large families in a small tent next to a disused railway station in freezing conditions, so I guess they think life must be better than this in the UK.

Login to get fewer ads

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:59 - Nov 26 with 474 viewssaint68

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:48 - Nov 26 by franniesTache

I'd imagine in some cases that would be well worth the risk FT, and that in itself is very sad indeed..heaven forbid that what they've seen happened here in the future..if that ever happened a warm safe healthy haven with the bare necessities would seem like a very desirable option.

The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:00 - Nov 26 with 472 viewsfranniesTache

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:51 - Nov 26 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think I have ever seen the UK put large families in a small tent next to a disused railway station in freezing conditions, so I guess they think life must be better than this in the UK.

I am absolutely sure they do, but i don't think it's benefits that attracts people.

The simple truth, that virtually no one wants to admit, is that migration is almost impossible to solve. At no time in human history has there not been migration based on economic need and i doubt it'll ever go away.

Whilst we have nations, borders and disparities in global income we will have economic migration. Both illegally and legally. I personally don't see a solution to it.

On the other hand i do see that we need to fix the illegal trafficking of humans that puts the lives of children and adults in danger, and think rather than arguing about where they are housed we should put the full attention of every global law enforcement agency on the gangs that facilitate it instead.

I also wonder if you place a UK entity on foreign soil that processes every single request there and then would you also reduce the amount significantly, but i guess that surely must've been tried already?
The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:02 - Nov 26 with 470 viewsfranniesTache

The French need to take responsibility now. on 12:59 - Nov 26 by saint68

I'd imagine in some cases that would be well worth the risk FT, and that in itself is very sad indeed..heaven forbid that what they've seen happened here in the future..if that ever happened a warm safe healthy haven with the bare necessities would seem like a very desirable option.

Fair enough mush, and i'd probably be the same as you truth be told, but i think many assume benefits to mean housing, social, NHS etc. which isn't actually true.
The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:10 - Nov 26 with 449 viewsSaintsforeverj

The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:00 - Nov 26 by franniesTache

I am absolutely sure they do, but i don't think it's benefits that attracts people.

The simple truth, that virtually no one wants to admit, is that migration is almost impossible to solve. At no time in human history has there not been migration based on economic need and i doubt it'll ever go away.

Whilst we have nations, borders and disparities in global income we will have economic migration. Both illegally and legally. I personally don't see a solution to it.

On the other hand i do see that we need to fix the illegal trafficking of humans that puts the lives of children and adults in danger, and think rather than arguing about where they are housed we should put the full attention of every global law enforcement agency on the gangs that facilitate it instead.

I also wonder if you place a UK entity on foreign soil that processes every single request there and then would you also reduce the amount significantly, but i guess that surely must've been tried already?

IMO, there needs to be a much bigger whole world solution to this. We have to accept that people are going to flee war torn countries and where they are at risk of torture and / or starvation. But once they reach a safe country, there should be a global plan and cooperation about what to do. So some could stay in France, some in Spain, some in Poland, some in Italy, some.in the UK etc. Share out the responsibility. A plan that ensures all immigrants have somewhere to safe to stay and a better future. At the moment, if you are in a tent on the freezing cold, because France doesn't bother with them, ofcourse they will try to get here, where they know they won't be put in a tent. It's a free for all, because there is no plan. Instead, our childish world leaders would rather squabble over this that and the other and come up with no workable plan at all. And Macron, would seemingly rather teach the UK a lesson over Brexit,even if it means children and families are killed.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 13:15]

The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:16 - Nov 26 with 435 viewsfranniesTache

The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:10 - Nov 26 by Saintsforeverj

IMO, there needs to be a much bigger whole world solution to this. We have to accept that people are going to flee war torn countries and where they are at risk of torture and / or starvation. But once they reach a safe country, there should be a global plan and cooperation about what to do. So some could stay in France, some in Spain, some in Poland, some in Italy, some.in the UK etc. Share out the responsibility. A plan that ensures all immigrants have somewhere to safe to stay and a better future. At the moment, if you are in a tent on the freezing cold, because France doesn't bother with them, ofcourse they will try to get here, where they know they won't be put in a tent. It's a free for all, because there is no plan. Instead, our childish world leaders would rather squabble over this that and the other and come up with no workable plan at all. And Macron, would seemingly rather teach the UK a lesson over Brexit,even if it means children and families are killed.

Completely agree, but sadly i don't think our leaders will ever do that as geopolitics and positioning in their own countries is more important to world leaders than people
The French need to take responsibility now. on 11:50 - Nov 27 with 349 viewsBerber

The French need to take responsibility now. on 13:10 - Nov 26 by Saintsforeverj

That is exactly what the EU tried to do during the ISIS disruption. A significant part of the EU membership didn't want to do this, and nor did the UK. A significant part of the migrant problem is economic, not religious or political.

On that basis, if you or I fancied going to live in the USA, Australia, even the EU, if we make the move, you suggest that we should be put up and catered for. The world has never worked like that for those reasons, and I don't suppose it ever will do. I don't see how the economic wellbeing of the entire planet is the responsibility of everyone else. That is why we have national governments, to act in OUR best interests. I don't see why I or anyone else should sacrifice my (or my family's) wellbeing to accommodate to hundreds of thousands of wannabe migrants who have no links to this country other than some of their friends or relatives may have exploited the system to get here and stay because they prefer it to home.

I am aware that this could be interpreted as reactionary, and believe me, I am not. But I have had a lifetime of the political classes trying to get their hands further into my pockets for the benefit of somebody else. For example, as a young adult, I enthusiastically and voluntarily gave towards "clean water for those less fortunate". One of my work colleagues even gave up a year of his time to work on such projects. Here we are 50 years later, with all the big national and international charities (with the best of intentions no doubt) still harking on about the same things, during which time they have received billions of dollars to do what they were asking support for. It just doesn't work, much as we would like it to. There is no World Solution, never has been and never will be.
The French need to take responsibility now. on 11:58 - Nov 27 with 342 viewssaint68

The French need to take responsibility now. on 11:50 - Nov 27 by Berber

That is exactly what the EU tried to do during the ISIS disruption. A significant part of the EU membership didn't want to do this, and nor did the UK. A significant part of the migrant problem is economic, not religious or political.

On that basis, if you or I fancied going to live in the USA, Australia, even the EU, if we make the move, you suggest that we should be put up and catered for. The world has never worked like that for those reasons, and I don't suppose it ever will do. I don't see how the economic wellbeing of the entire planet is the responsibility of everyone else. That is why we have national governments, to act in OUR best interests. I don't see why I or anyone else should sacrifice my (or my family's) wellbeing to accommodate to hundreds of thousands of wannabe migrants who have no links to this country other than some of their friends or relatives may have exploited the system to get here and stay because they prefer it to home.

I am aware that this could be interpreted as reactionary, and believe me, I am not. But I have had a lifetime of the political classes trying to get their hands further into my pockets for the benefit of somebody else. For example, as a young adult, I enthusiastically and voluntarily gave towards "clean water for those less fortunate". One of my work colleagues even gave up a year of his time to work on such projects. Here we are 50 years later, with all the big national and international charities (with the best of intentions no doubt) still harking on about the same things, during which time they have received billions of dollars to do what they were asking support for. It just doesn't work, much as we would like it to. There is no World Solution, never has been and never will be.

Absolutely brilliant post Berber ..I am 100% with you on this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024