Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank You 19:44 - Nov 27 with 11190 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Following on from Robbie Stockdale's interview after the Exeter City match (where he references the fact we have defeated multiple takeover attempts, and next weekend's FA Cup tie is an opportunity to reflect & celebrate where we are as a club), it feels like the right time to draw a line under the ongoing saga, thank a few people and reset ahead of 2022 and beyond.

To Andrew Kelly - thank you for making the right (but difficult) decision not to sell out to Morton House. We know that decision has come at great expense (financial, health and physical) but without your decision on that fateful Sunday, who knows where we would be now? Thank you.

To Col - we know you won't enjoy being singled out for a name check, but without your 'Open letter to AK' thread and the countless hours you have spent spearheading the campaign to save Dale (including having to have actual conversations with the likes of Andy Curran and Matt Southall), as well as your fantastic leadership of the Trust, we firmly believe we may still not have the club in safe hands today. Thank you.

To Cloughie (& the executors of the will), your legacy will live long in the folklore of the football club. The estate you left enabled the Trust to become the single biggest shareholder in the club, and on behalf of the fan base they will continue to work in the best interests of Dale. Thank you.

To Simon Gauge, and the new Board of Directors, thank you for stepping up to take over the reigns of a sinking ship, steadying it and setting it back on the right course. We wouldn't want to have to deal with the stuff you have (including threats and intimidation from certain parties, the rotting remains of a previous dictatorship, and a club that was being run into the ground) since taking over - rest assured you have the backing of the fanbase and we look forward to seeing the club flourish under your leadership. Special mention too to Graham Morris, Trevor Butterworth & John Smallwood who set the wheels in motion for you to take over the club. It would be amiss at this point to not mention the late, great David Kilpatrick. Alongside Mr Morris, one of the original ‘Overcoat Men’ — a role model of what custodianship of Dale looks like, and a true example for Simon Gauge et al to follow. Thank you.

To RochdaleAFC.com thank you for providing a platform for the brilliant work referenced elsewhere in this post. Despite repeated legal threats from various parties, you moderated the discussion diligently to ensure that all relevant information was, and still is, able to be viewed by any member of the public who is interested to know what has gone on, and just how close we came. Thank you.

To our shareholders — thank you to our original shareholders for fighting the proposals of the previous board to allow them carte blanche to sell the club to the highest bidder without (by their own admission) due diligence, and for supporting our new board in their determination to hold a new share issue, safeguarding the future of the club. & to our new shareholders — welcome to the club… your support (both financial and moral) means that our club is now owned by more than 500 individual fans, and means it will be substantially more difficult for any future people to try and gain a majority shareholding in Dale. Thank you.

To RAFCBLUE (plus Judd and all the others on here and across the internet) who spent hours and hours digging up information on anybody who was showing an interest in getting their hands on Dale - the information you provided has helped prevent a disaster - just as importantly, you've demonstrated to any future wannabes just what lengths Dale fans will go to in order to protect this club. Thank you.

To Fitzochris, a real fan of the club and fantastic journalist — thank you for continuing to report on matters of importance to Dale fans, for holding individuals within the club to account, and for your honesty and integrity with matters related to the previous board. Thank you.

To The Trust (board, members and supporters), under Col's leadership you have role modelled what a supporters' trust can do... we bought our 'This Is My Club' scarves today and wore them with pride. Thank you.

To Alexander Jarvis - thank you for essentially not being a great broker of football club sales. Without your intervention, it would've been a lot easier for Morton House / Matt Southall to take over this club. For the absolute comedy of errors - thank you.

To Tony Lloyd MP, Nancy Frostick and Matt Slater of the Athletic, Ian King of Football 365, the Price of Football podcast, and various other publications thank you for continuing to spread the word of our plight over the Summer. Thank you for giving a balanced view to the wider football family, and for helping to keep the spotlight on the aggressors of the hostile takeover who, before this Summer, were suspiciously absent from any online footprint. Thank you.

It would be wrong at this point to not highlight the challenges we faced from biased and inaccurate reporting, disappointingly in the main from the BBC, which could’ve done real damage to our attempts to protect the club, as well as reputational and financial damage to the club on a longer term basis. As much as we will forever remember the amazing work done by countless people, we will also not forget the lack of support from publications and politicians who sadly did not match their public values and commitments with actions and support. We won’t call them out here, but they know who they are and they can expect to be challenged in future when they claim to care about sports, and the lower leagues, in the North West.

To supporters up and down the land, but particularly Southend United, Charlton Athletic, Oldham Athletic and Swindon Town trusts who gave immeasurable amounts of support to our campaign, alongside information and contacts, without which we would’ve struggled to gain the traction that we did on social media and in the press. We are aware of the ongoing situation at Oldham, too, and will continue to support them however we can. If this Summer taught us one thing, it would be that when the chips are down the wider football family will come together to support one of our own.

& to the countless fans who supported in whatever way they could - be it expertise to the new board, expertise to the Up The Dale Not For Sale campaign, sharing social media content, contributing to share issues, driving around the NW finding existing shareholders, spreading the word at Dale games, chanting 'Up The Dale Not For Sale' at matches - anything at all over the past 7 or 8 months... Thank You

The problem with a post like this is that we always run the risk of missing key people out... obviously that is not our intention and we'll say again, to anybody who helped keep the wolves from the door - thank you.

Clearly Morton House are not going away forever - with a rumoured £1.2 million investment they will want to get that back. A c.23% share in Rochdale AFC is never going to be worth that, so there could always be an undercurrent of wondering what they will do to get that money back. The positive is that, following the brilliant recent share issue, their influence in Dale is severely diluted, and any attempt to get to 50+1% would be nigh on impossible. As a fanbase, we will continue to remain vigilant to safeguard our football club as a fan owned, sustainable community asset both now and in the future.

Now we have an opportunity to move forward with OUR club - a new, professional and committed board, young exciting manager, youthful and talented squad, and a fan base more united than at any other time in recent memory. Stockdale said next Sunday should be a celebration, and we agree.

Up The Dale - Not For Sale
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 7:59]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Thank You on 13:39 - Dec 2 with 2054 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 20:16 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

That's precisely how conmen manipulate people

Is it possible to tell genuine interest/concern from manipulation? I believe so, but it all very much depends on the circumstances of the individual (e.g. how much self-confidence they have, among other things) but experienced shysters can also spot those lacking such things a mile off and use it for their own purposes. [Without going down a whole new rabbit-hole, that's how grooming gangs succeed]

I have to congratulate HullDale on his measured tone in these matters. I personally wouldn't be able to adopt what he's described as a neutral stance. In terms of the individuals who remain within the club that he refers to, it's almost beyond belief they should retain any loyalty to the old regime

[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 20:28]

I actually think that Curran has been conned into buying shares, on the promise that he would be able to just walk into the Club unopposed..a rudderless ship that nobody cared about. The departing CEO/ Directors knew that wasn’t the case so it couldn’t have been them, could it?

Did anybody actually sit down with Curran/ Rose and explain to them the make up of the Club, the fact that there was nearly 400 shareholders with a stake in the Club for a start? It was estimated further up this thread that about 150 supporters have been directly involved in saving the Club over the summer ( I think the number is higher), when you look at the number of fans with a financial stake in the Club as shareholders it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hundreds of successful, professional people with a love for their club, of course they will scrutinise strangers from down south bearing gifts.

Did anybody advise Curran/ Rose to give Jarvis a wide berth because association with him would guarantee that the EFL/FA/ Media/ Football Supporters all over the country would be watching like a hawk?

Did anybody advise Curran/ Rose that their personal life’s and finances would be scrutinised, they would have to provide proper proof of funding to the EFL?

Did anybody advise Curran/ Rose that homophobic language or rumours of threating behaviour would leave themselves wide open and probably result in police involvement? People won’t put up with that anymore.

Did anybody tell Curran/ Rose that Matt Southall is a red rag to a bull when it comes to ownership of football clubs and the EFL and FA will probably double down on any investigations as a result of association?

Why did he allegedly pay a kings ransom for shares when he had very little chance of ever getting the keys to the house? Who advised Andrew Curran to shell out all that money?

To conclude i think Curran has been sold down the river, it’s pretty obvious that he has been given bad advice. If you want to keep a low profile you don’t associate your name with Jarvis/ Southall and you are aware that putting yourself in the spotlight means everything you do is analysed and reported on.

None of us know the real business of Curran/ Rose, but every man and his dog knows about Jarvis/Southall/ Bottomley etc and that alone is enough to scupper any hopes of a takeover i think. I’m hoping Curran/ Rose are now taking steps to recover their money from the share sales, they didn’t deserve all of this hassle.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 14:07]
Thank You on 14:32 - Dec 2 with 1932 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Thank You on 13:39 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

I actually think that Curran has been conned into buying shares, on the promise that he would be able to just walk into the Club unopposed..a rudderless ship that nobody cared about. The departing CEO/ Directors knew that wasn’t the case so it couldn’t have been them, could it?

Did anybody actually sit down with Curran/ Rose and explain to them the make up of the Club, the fact that there was nearly 400 shareholders with a stake in the Club for a start? It was estimated further up this thread that about 150 supporters have been directly involved in saving the Club over the summer ( I think the number is higher), when you look at the number of fans with a financial stake in the Club as shareholders it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hundreds of successful, professional people with a love for their club, of course they will scrutinise strangers from down south bearing gifts.

Did anybody advise Curran/ Rose to give Jarvis a wide berth because association with him would guarantee that the EFL/FA/ Media/ Football Supporters all over the country would be watching like a hawk?

Did anybody advise Curran/ Rose that their personal life’s and finances would be scrutinised, they would have to provide proper proof of funding to the EFL?

Did anybody advise Curran/ Rose that homophobic language or rumours of threating behaviour would leave themselves wide open and probably result in police involvement? People won’t put up with that anymore.

Did anybody tell Curran/ Rose that Matt Southall is a red rag to a bull when it comes to ownership of football clubs and the EFL and FA will probably double down on any investigations as a result of association?

Why did he allegedly pay a kings ransom for shares when he had very little chance of ever getting the keys to the house? Who advised Andrew Curran to shell out all that money?

To conclude i think Curran has been sold down the river, it’s pretty obvious that he has been given bad advice. If you want to keep a low profile you don’t associate your name with Jarvis/ Southall and you are aware that putting yourself in the spotlight means everything you do is analysed and reported on.

None of us know the real business of Curran/ Rose, but every man and his dog knows about Jarvis/Southall/ Bottomley etc and that alone is enough to scupper any hopes of a takeover i think. I’m hoping Curran/ Rose are now taking steps to recover their money from the share sales, they didn’t deserve all of this hassle.

Good points well made.

One slight point of note, though - we think there are a lot of people who know exactly what their actual business dealings are (especially Curran), and its taken a lot of self restraint from a lot of people not to outright say it online etc - we're sure it will come out in the wash, once we know that it doing so won't hamper any investigations by relevant authorities. Heck, it might even come from those authorities in the first place!

Didn't Curran claim to have a business out of Tilbury docks?

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Thank You on 14:51 - Dec 2 with 1896 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 14:32 - Dec 2 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

Good points well made.

One slight point of note, though - we think there are a lot of people who know exactly what their actual business dealings are (especially Curran), and its taken a lot of self restraint from a lot of people not to outright say it online etc - we're sure it will come out in the wash, once we know that it doing so won't hamper any investigations by relevant authorities. Heck, it might even come from those authorities in the first place!

Didn't Curran claim to have a business out of Tilbury docks?

To be honest, i don’t know anybody who knows what Curran does for a living. I have seen the numerous threads but it all seems circumstantial stuff that anybody can access on line. I know the EFL and FA are investigating Curran but I thought that was regarding the share purchase and homophobic comments.
Morton House/ Curran have stated that they have pulled out of the deal and are off loading their shares so there is no need for the Club to correspond with them anymore. As long as they aren’t infiltrating our club i’m not interested what they are up to and what happens to them in the future, i don’t see the point in making it personal. Those who pledged their undying love of the club and then tried to destroy it by selling it off behind the Supporters backs are the ones who are responsible for this mess and that’s where my anger is focused.

Curran and Rose didn’t just turn up uninvited and to be honest in an around about way the Club has come out of this stronger than it’s ever been, it’s given us all a collective kick up the backside.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 15:31]
Thank You on 15:30 - Dec 2 with 1837 viewsDorkingDale

Thank You on 13:39 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

Nah, I'm not buying the sympathy vote for Curran.

He has previous form at Swindon & Southend, trying to buy a a place for his son & goodness knows what else.

This is not some innocent, gullible, trusting businessman - he takes 2 Rottweilers to his business meetings FFS. It's no coincidence that he didn't have any internet presence prior to this.

He was driven by arrogance & greed & he has used bullying tactics to try to get what he wants - and he's had his fingers seriously burned. He won't take it lying down, but his hands are tied for the time being.
Thank You on 15:35 - Dec 2 with 1820 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 15:30 - Dec 2 by DorkingDale

Nah, I'm not buying the sympathy vote for Curran.

He has previous form at Swindon & Southend, trying to buy a a place for his son & goodness knows what else.

This is not some innocent, gullible, trusting businessman - he takes 2 Rottweilers to his business meetings FFS. It's no coincidence that he didn't have any internet presence prior to this.

He was driven by arrogance & greed & he has used bullying tactics to try to get what he wants - and he's had his fingers seriously burned. He won't take it lying down, but his hands are tied for the time being.

He didn’t just turn up unannounced though, i’d rather channel my anger towards those who tried to destroy our Club, the ones who lined their own pockets. The whole takeover saga has been a comedy of errors from start to finish, I refuse to believe that it has been all of Curran’s own making...he’s been given bad advice that’s pretty obvious.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 15:40]
Thank You on 16:01 - Dec 2 with 1757 viewsHullDale

I'd imagine it went something like this.

- For multiple reasons (financial / personal) the old BoD decided to sell the club;
- The CEO (& board member) was tasked with finding the best deal for the sellers (and maybe the club);
- In steps Alexander Jarvis (who I believe was linked to the old CEO on LinkedIn);
- Through whatever murky circles* Jarvis swims in, Curran & Rose came up;
- He offered to broker the deal, probably overpromising on the likelihood of success, based on overpromises told to him by the old CEO;
- At the same time, Halsall was looking to take over; probably seen as a more palatable choice to the public / fans;
- When the Halsall takeover failed, the old CEO reapproached Jarvis;
- The rest, as they say, is history.

*I remain convinced that a lot of these charlatans who take over and rinse football clubs are connected (hence why there is an increasing train of thought that Southall was involved all along)... through 2nd / 3rd / 4th parties they are all linked and can pass info / contacts to each other... a 'cabal of dickheads' for want of a better phrase.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 16:02]
Thank You on 16:02 - Dec 2 with 1755 views1907

Thank You on 15:35 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

He didn’t just turn up unannounced though, i’d rather channel my anger towards those who tried to destroy our Club, the ones who lined their own pockets. The whole takeover saga has been a comedy of errors from start to finish, I refuse to believe that it has been all of Curran’s own making...he’s been given bad advice that’s pretty obvious.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 15:40]

I think it’s safe to say that Bottom has come out of all this, quite possibly the most hated man in 114 years of Rochdale AFC history. A despicable cretin who will never be forgotten, for all the wrong reasons.
Thank You on 16:15 - Dec 2 with 1737 viewsD_Alien

I don't see any value in creating some kind of empathetic slant on Curran at the expense of any of the others

"A cabal of dickheads" indeed*

*Courtesy of HD

[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 16:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Thank You on 16:45 - Dec 2 with 1683 viewskel

Thank You on 16:01 - Dec 2 by HullDale

I'd imagine it went something like this.

- For multiple reasons (financial / personal) the old BoD decided to sell the club;
- The CEO (& board member) was tasked with finding the best deal for the sellers (and maybe the club);
- In steps Alexander Jarvis (who I believe was linked to the old CEO on LinkedIn);
- Through whatever murky circles* Jarvis swims in, Curran & Rose came up;
- He offered to broker the deal, probably overpromising on the likelihood of success, based on overpromises told to him by the old CEO;
- At the same time, Halsall was looking to take over; probably seen as a more palatable choice to the public / fans;
- When the Halsall takeover failed, the old CEO reapproached Jarvis;
- The rest, as they say, is history.

*I remain convinced that a lot of these charlatans who take over and rinse football clubs are connected (hence why there is an increasing train of thought that Southall was involved all along)... through 2nd / 3rd / 4th parties they are all linked and can pass info / contacts to each other... a 'cabal of dickheads' for want of a better phrase.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 16:02]

Not seen Halsall mentioned on here for a good while now. You’re obviously well connected.
Thank You on 16:53 - Dec 2 with 1658 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 16:15 - Dec 2 by D_Alien

I don't see any value in creating some kind of empathetic slant on Curran at the expense of any of the others

"A cabal of dickheads" indeed*

*Courtesy of HD

[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 16:17]

Well there only seems to be one person who is out of pocket in all of this, i’m assuming that wasn’t all self inflicted. Maybe he wasn’t sold a pup and he was the driving force behind the share transactions, those selling their shares enabled it though, without their involvement none of this would have happened. As you suggest, they are all probably as bad as each other but i view Bottomley/ Rawlinson/ Kilpatrick etc as the main instigators in all of this, they deliberately tried to kill the club.
Thank You on 17:15 - Dec 2 with 1599 views100notout

Thank You on 16:53 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

Well there only seems to be one person who is out of pocket in all of this, i’m assuming that wasn’t all self inflicted. Maybe he wasn’t sold a pup and he was the driving force behind the share transactions, those selling their shares enabled it though, without their involvement none of this would have happened. As you suggest, they are all probably as bad as each other but i view Bottomley/ Rawlinson/ Kilpatrick etc as the main instigators in all of this, they deliberately tried to kill the club.

If I was passing either of those 3 and they were on fire I wouldn't even piss on them. However, I do not believe they set out to deliberately kill our club. Their sole objective was to maximise the amount of money they could get for their shares, regardless of what the consequences may have been for the club. For businessmen or indeed anyone with no emotional attachment to a transaction (or anyone that it affects) that makes perfect sense - you wouldn't sell your house for £100k if you thought someone would give you £300k.

What really gets my goat is the number of times we heard the terms "custodians of the club" and "life long fans" from these 3 - we all know that was a load of crap and I hope they rot in hell.

As for Curran - if indeed he is the one thats lost out - I've absolutely no sympathy for him either. Its quite simple really - due diligence / legal protection - if he didn't do any, he deserves everything he got (or didn't get!).

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Thank You on 17:16 - Dec 2 with 1598 views100notout

Thank You on 16:02 - Dec 2 by 1907

I think it’s safe to say that Bottom has come out of all this, quite possibly the most hated man in 114 years of Rochdale AFC history. A despicable cretin who will never be forgotten, for all the wrong reasons.

yep - takes over the mantle from Tommy Cannon.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Thank You on 18:30 - Dec 2 with 1467 viewsdavidab2202

Just to help out an ex pat I am a little at a loss as to just who does own all the shares that it was alleged changed hands(last I can recall the club claimed never to have been informed of any share dealings and before any shares are traded the club has to be informed??)
Do the Yanks still actually still own their shares? or anybody else for that matter.
Are the shares been hawked around by Curran and crew actually theirs to sell or are they just attempting to sell something they don't actually own in an attempt to raise money to pay off their commitment to" former " shareholders ?
Someone help me out
Thank You on 19:32 - Dec 2 with 1381 views1907

Thank You on 18:30 - Dec 2 by davidab2202

Just to help out an ex pat I am a little at a loss as to just who does own all the shares that it was alleged changed hands(last I can recall the club claimed never to have been informed of any share dealings and before any shares are traded the club has to be informed??)
Do the Yanks still actually still own their shares? or anybody else for that matter.
Are the shares been hawked around by Curran and crew actually theirs to sell or are they just attempting to sell something they don't actually own in an attempt to raise money to pay off their commitment to" former " shareholders ?
Someone help me out

The Yanks (who had Dunphy’s shares), Bottomley, Rawlinson & Andrew Kilpatrick were the main players in selling their shares, plus some smaller players.

A lot was hinging on whether Andrew Kelly completed his share sale to Morton House, at the eleventh hour he chose not to.
Thank You on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 1338 viewsDorkingDale

Thank You on 18:30 - Dec 2 by davidab2202

Someone help me out

The Yanks have stated that they received payment for their shares, but those shares have not been formally re-registered, so goodness knows the legal situation.....
Thank You on 19:54 - Dec 2 with 1310 viewsjudd

I warmed to Mr Curran during our brief encounter when he laughed at Bottomley being called a tvvat, because he is.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Thank You on 20:09 - Dec 2 with 1260 viewsD_Alien

Thank You on 19:54 - Dec 2 by judd

I warmed to Mr Curran during our brief encounter when he laughed at Bottomley being called a tvvat, because he is.

They all are

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Thank You on 21:06 - Dec 2 with 1192 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 19:54 - Dec 2 by judd

I recall Mr Curran being advised on the car park not to trust Bottomley ( there was a fan demonstration at the time), he did laugh it off but he can’t say he wasn’t warned before he entered the stadium. The rest is history.

Bottomley tried conning the shareholders at the EGM with his Reading/ Fleetwood presentation, he thought they were daft as well.
Thank You on 21:12 - Dec 2 with 1164 viewsjudd

Thank You on 21:06 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

I recall Mr Curran being advised on the car park not to trust Bottomley ( there was a fan demonstration at the time), he did laugh it off but he can’t say he wasn’t warned before he entered the stadium. The rest is history.

Bottomley tried conning the shareholders at the EGM with his Reading/ Fleetwood presentation, he thought they were daft as well.

...and his pay rise during a time when he stated we were operating on 35% of normal income levels plus the Council loan - public money of course, the use of which must be open to scrutiny.

Little wonder he was asked to resign from the RDA.

Tvvat.

Thank You on 22:22 - Dec 2 with 1083 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 21:12 - Dec 2 by judd

...and his pay rise during a time when he stated we were operating on 35% of normal income levels plus the Council loan - public money of course, the use of which must be open to scrutiny.

Little wonder he was asked to resign from the RDA.

Tvvat.

The audacity was there for all to see, nobody can be surprised at the criticism he attracts. Tax payers prop up furlough payments and then you have a CEO and others taking pay rises during a pandemic. He even secured loans because the Club was in financial difficulties...apparently. He still has his backers though...none are so blind as though that refuse to see!
Thank You on 22:26 - Dec 2 with 1072 viewsjudd

Thank You on 22:22 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

The audacity was there for all to see, nobody can be surprised at the criticism he attracts. Tax payers prop up furlough payments and then you have a CEO and others taking pay rises during a pandemic. He even secured loans because the Club was in financial difficulties...apparently. He still has his backers though...none are so blind as though that refuse to see!

He actually didn't secure the loan. It was offered to him during a whinge about no income. Cheeky tvvat claimed it as initiative, apparently.

Like the Hasbro initiative.

Thank You on 22:35 - Dec 2 with 1033 viewsR17ALE

Thank You on 21:06 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

I've thought back to that sales presentation often.

I remember him standing up pompously and declaring "Belle Vue 1988!"

My jaw dropped open. Rickie Gervais was in full stride. Surely Bottomley wasn't going to start dancing!

I never actually understood the rest of his 20 minute waffling spell, and it was nothing to do with us shareholders approving creating £6 shares. He didn't actually mention "£6 shares" once.

But he did compare the town to Reading with pictures of Elm Park and the Madjeski Stadium which further confused people.

If that's the ability of his salesmanship, then God help him putting his socks on. Total loser, and fool.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Thank You on 22:42 - Dec 2 with 1022 viewsjudd

Thank You on 22:35 - Dec 2 by R17ALE

I've thought back to that sales presentation often.

I remember him standing up pompously and declaring "Belle Vue 1988!"

My jaw dropped open. Rickie Gervais was in full stride. Surely Bottomley wasn't going to start dancing!

I never actually understood the rest of his 20 minute waffling spell, and it was nothing to do with us shareholders approving creating £6 shares. He didn't actually mention "£6 shares" once.

But he did compare the town to Reading with pictures of Elm Park and the Madjeski Stadium which further confused people.

If that's the ability of his salesmanship, then God help him putting his socks on. Total loser, and fool.

Indeed. I remember googling Reading FC on Companies House and telling you their losses over the same period that this fookin genius was promoting absolute bollox.

Thank You on 22:44 - Dec 2 with 1020 viewsR17ALE

Thank You on 22:42 - Dec 2 by judd

Indeed. I remember googling Reading FC on Companies House and telling you their losses over the same period that this fookin genius was promoting absolute bollox.

I remember that too. £70 million or sommot, you said.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Thank You on 22:48 - Dec 2 with 1003 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank You on 22:26 - Dec 2 by judd

He actually didn't secure the loan. It was offered to him during a whinge about no income. Cheeky tvvat claimed it as initiative, apparently.

Like the Hasbro initiative.

It’s all very sad because he had a lot of good people who stayed loyal to him and fought his corner, unbeknown to them he was using the club for his own gain. When he was finally rumbled it soon became apparent that the club would be sold on his terms and not the fans/ shareholders, i believe some of his friends were shareholders. Those closest to him suffered the biggest disappointment, he was selling their club without consultation, what a way to treat your so called friends. A man without morals who goes through life manipulating and upsetting those who are close to him. Fan ownership was something that his ego could never allow to happen, he would rather the Club fell into the wrong hands and it very nearly did.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 22:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024