Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 11:06 - Dec 1 with 11933 viewsNotLoyal

It’s here at last, the hardest of all hard away games in a place in the middle of the borough. The cold wind and hailstones coming in from the east. The homely inspired dentistry from a local man will determine this fixture. The Boro are gnawing away at the middle of the table just like the swans. There’s nothing in this except a good old root canal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:12 - Dec 5 with 1440 viewssw02sea

Russell Martin is starting to make us look like a laughing stock defensively.
Passing out from the keeper at all costs, no matter what, is suicidal football, unless you are Man City.
Memo to RM : WE DON’T HAVE THE PLAYERS TO DO IT !!
Our set up is all wrong.
For a start, We just don’t have a solid defensive back 3.
No matter how you mix and match, Bennett, Manning, Williams, Bidwell, Cabango, none look like a solid unit who can pass it out from the back.
What is so terrible about a back 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 ?
Add in the factor of our “wingbacks” Laird/ Bidwell/Manning/ Latibeaudiere having, seemingly, forgotten how to help out in their defensive responsibilities, then you are going to have a recipe for disaster.
And what about today’s ridiculously high defensive line, wtf is that all about?
Cost us today’s game, as it happens.
Just like the Bournemouth game, a player having a free run in on goal with just the keeper to beat.
I’m getting sick to death of seeing the 60-70% possession stats, when the opposition have scored.
21 games in, and people are still saying it’s “Work in progress”
If we keep giving away stupid goals, you can forget progressing anywhere.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:18 - Dec 5 with 1294 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:12 - Dec 5 by sw02sea

Passing out from the keeper at all costs, no matter what, is suicidal football, unless you are Man City.
Our set up is all wrong.
No matter how you mix and match, Bennett, Manning, Williams, Bidwell, Cabango, none look like a solid unit who can pass it out from the back.
Add in the factor of our “wingbacks” Laird/ Bidwell/Manning/ Latibeaudiere having, seemingly, forgotten how to help out in their defensive responsibilities, then you are going to have a recipe for disaster.
Just like the Bournemouth game, a player having a free run in on goal with just the keeper to beat.
I’m getting sick to death of seeing the 60-70% possession stats, when the opposition have scored.

What is wrong with 4-4-2 or 4-4-3 is that Martin doesnt like it.
It matters not we do not have players to play a he wants,whatever that is.
I might suggest Rhys Williams is no left back in the way Naughton is laughable a a centre half.
We have players to have a decent back 4 ,enough in midfield and a good striker.

But no,we are told its work in progress and to keep schtum unless you want abuse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:39 - Dec 5 with 1297 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:18 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

What is wrong with 4-4-2 or 4-4-3 is that Martin doesnt like it.
It matters not we do not have players to play a he wants,whatever that is.
I might suggest Rhys Williams is no left back in the way Naughton is laughable a a centre half.
We have players to have a decent back 4 ,enough in midfield and a good striker.

But no,we are told its work in progress and to keep schtum unless you want abuse

Naughton was outstanding in defence yesterday. IMO.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:46 - Dec 5 with 1278 viewsWhiterockin

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:39 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

And has been for a while. One of the first names on the team sheet IMO.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:49 - Dec 5 with 1259 viewsDr_Parnassus

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:12 - Dec 5 by sw02sea

Our set up is all wrong.

This ''work in progress'' nonsense needs to be consigned to the cliché bin along with ''transition season''.

Everything is a work in progress. If a club thinks they have nowhere to go and as a result stand still, then it's probably time to start a fresh.

After 21 games, essentially half a season... we should have a settled style and system.

As I mentioned on another thread, Martin seems to have an obsession with the notion of ''building'' to a point where nothing ever resembles being built. The more sceptical among us may see that as the safety blanket of having an excuse for not performing well.

18 months after taking over MK Dons and it was still a ''work in progress'', he then walked off the building site.

I like a lot of Martin, but starting to dislike a fair bit of him too, he is far too stubborn, makes some God awful decisions and doesn't seem to like to back down on them when it's clear they are wrong.

He is extremely young, has an enormous amount to learn, yet seems reluctant to do so.

We have a good side, have hit upon a decent balance of play too - time to stop tinkering and get some performances and results together. The continued and repeated mistakes need to be cut out.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 10:27]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:12 - Dec 5 with 1208 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:39 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

IMO.Is right.
Outstanding how exactly?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:14 - Dec 5 with 1230 viewsDr_Winston

He usually is. Yet someone who expects us to believe that he doesn't have anything against him can't resist slagging him after every game.

It's all a bit pathetic really.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:23 - Dec 5 with 1224 viewssw02sea

I also totally agree that Naughton was motm by a country mile. As the Middlesbrough co- commentary team said…”I never thought I’d ever see Naughton playing as the centre back of a back three”
The trouble is, he is the only one that looks comfortable playing it out.
He reminds me of the guy on The Titanic, trying to rearrange the deck chairs, as the ship goes down, he knows what he’s doing, has got no one to help him, and as was the case with us yesterday literally a pointless exercise
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:37 - Dec 5 with 1179 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:12 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

IMO.Is right.
Outstanding how exactly?

On three occasions he polished up attacks from midfield before they got going and his passes from those situations were sublime. He was also far more attack minded when we rolled the ball over looking forwards to link play. Defensively he checked Whatmore out of the game from set pieces, review the highlights.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:54 - Dec 5 with 1123 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:37 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

On three occasions he polished up attacks from midfield before they got going and his passes from those situations were sublime. He was also far more attack minded when we rolled the ball over looking forwards to link play. Defensively he checked Whatmore out of the game from set pieces, review the highlights.

He was also left for dead yesterday as he was by a Barnsley player. Isolated incidents maybe but these were against poor sides .
He is ripped to spreads against quality opposition.

He is playing central to two big centre halves .

Outstanding I agree

Opinions

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:03 - Dec 5 with 1150 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:54 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

He was also left for dead yesterday as he was by a Barnsley player. Isolated incidents maybe but these were against poor sides .
He is ripped to spreads against quality opposition.

He is playing central to two big centre halves .

Outstanding I agree

Opinions

Indeed.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:31 - Dec 5 with 1119 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:14 - Dec 5 by Dr_Winston

He usually is. Yet someone who expects us to believe that he doesn't have anything against him can't resist slagging him after every game.

It's all a bit pathetic really.

Spot on. Been a really good player for us over many seasons.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:36 - Dec 5 with 1113 viewsNotLoyal

Naughton is having his best season.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:38 - Dec 5 with 1112 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:08 - Dec 4 by Treforys_Jack

I'll check back later to see if you've come up with anything, won't hold my breath though. 3 assists mind in over 70 games, despite being on free kick and corner kick duty. I actually like Grimes , just not obsessed with him like you, and see him for what he is, a decent Cdm. However he slows us down and shouldn't be near any dead ball situation.

Just checking to see if a clever insightful poster like yourself could come up with anything to explain Grimes appalling offensive contribution to the team over the last 2 seasons. Despite taking god knows how many free kicks and corners. Come on Andy mun, explain it to the twp posters.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:16 - Dec 5 with 1058 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:38 - Dec 5 by Treforys_Jack

Just checking to see if a clever insightful poster like yourself could come up with anything to explain Grimes appalling offensive contribution to the team over the last 2 seasons. Despite taking god knows how many free kicks and corners. Come on Andy mun, explain it to the twp posters.

Not sure we’ve scored a goal from a set piece all season.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:31 - Dec 5 with 1029 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:16 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

Every time we got a corner yesterday everyone got excited, I didn't as I know we don't score from all set pieces
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:50 - Dec 5 with 993 viewsBadlands

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:34 - Dec 4 by NotLoyal

Mannings shot not judged as a shot on goal?

Cross that deflected off. The toe of the defender.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:15 - Dec 5 with 977 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:50 - Dec 5 by Badlands

Cross that deflected off. The toe of the defender.

I think he means the shot the keeper saved ?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:48 - Dec 5 with 858 viewssw02sea

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:34 - Dec 4 by NotLoyal

Mannings shot not judged as a shot on goal?

I saw that saunter back by Williams when I was watching it live, and I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing then.
Seeing it back a second time, it’s even worse!
All I can say is,last season he was good enough for the Premiership and Europe.
something has happened in his head, and I don’t think it’s all down to him.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:07 - Dec 5 with 846 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:48 - Dec 5 by sw02sea

I saw that saunter back by Williams when I was watching it live, and I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing then.

If he can’t do a basic tracking job with total commitment I couldn’t care who is to blame, maybe he needs a mirror ? 😉

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 826 viewsBadlands

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:48 - Dec 5 by sw02sea

Hasn't recovered from the racist abuse/
Wasn't keen to come here (I think Preston were also after him) and hasn't been motivated to stay and play out of position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:07 - Dec 5 with 816 viewsDr_Parnassus

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:52 - Dec 5 by Badlands

Hasn't recovered from the racist abuse/
Wasn't keen to come here (I think Preston were also after him) and hasn't been motivated to stay and play out of position.

You need to recover from a solitary idiot calling you a name? Really?

I can only hope you are speculating for his sake.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 00:33 - Dec 6 with 771 viewstheloneranger

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:16 - Dec 5 by KeithHaynes

We're the only side in the Championship that's not scored from a set piece.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 14:07 - Dec 6 with 631 views34dfgdf54

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:07 - Dec 5 by Dr_Parnassus

You need to recover from a solitary idiot calling you a name? Really?

I can only hope you are speculating for his sake.

He's just bitten to a Swans fan on twitter now so does seem the type to take things to heart.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 22:50 - Dec 6 with 572 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 12:38 - Dec 5 by Treforys_Jack

C'mon Andy mun, its your chance to enlighten us all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024