Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we need ? 12:30 - Jan 4 with 7227 viewstoreqpr

I have been following The R`s since the mid 70s. Due to economical issues I have not been able to travel from Norway since 2014.Football have changed. I think pace is the most important thing to have in a team these days. To break down other teams when in possesion is more and more difficault. So the best is to have pace in all areas so we can counterattack and transit quickly. So in my opinion our recruitment have to be done with this in mind. And of course financially prudent. (sorry for spelling and language issues)
"Watchig from afar"
What do we need ? on 20:56 - Jan 4 with 1990 viewsdistortR

What do we need ? on 20:55 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

"What we have here is a failure to communicate".

it'll be my 15 year old nokia, mate. Still going strong, but I can't hear a word anyone says.
What do we need ? on 22:19 - Jan 4 with 1869 viewsLogman

Pace is clearly a very valuable asset but I don't think it is the be-all that everyone is implying. For example, we have Duke McKenna who was faster than all the Everton players when he came on but he doesn't often get used. What is just is important is the nature and timing of the runs which are made. If you can get your players like Lee Wallace, Johansen and Adomah making runs when the opposition back four are holding a line then you can still get in behind.
What do we need ? on 23:30 - Jan 4 with 1793 viewsBurnleyhoop

What do we need ? on 22:19 - Jan 4 by Logman

Pace is clearly a very valuable asset but I don't think it is the be-all that everyone is implying. For example, we have Duke McKenna who was faster than all the Everton players when he came on but he doesn't often get used. What is just is important is the nature and timing of the runs which are made. If you can get your players like Lee Wallace, Johansen and Adomah making runs when the opposition back four are holding a line then you can still get in behind.

Imagine the sound of pinging hamstrings if those 3 start making overlapping runs. I can feel my hamstring tightening just thinking about it 😬😆
What do we need ? on 23:51 - Jan 4 with 1750 viewsLoftgirl

What do we need ? on 16:28 - Jan 4 by flynnbo

"If anyone, actually, thinks that Dykes is a decent 'proper' CF then they do not know the basics of football and are totally blind of his limitations. Likewise, if posters think he is Premier class or ever will be then they do not have one clue - it is as simple as that".

All about opinions but your comments above are just insulting.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 17:07]

Plus the way he always writes 'loose' instead of 'lose'.
What do we need ? on 02:44 - Jan 5 with 1654 viewsScubaHoop

What do we need ? on 20:55 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

"What we have here is a failure to communicate".

They should have had just a smidgen more of that marvelous salad.
What do we need ? on 12:00 - Jan 5 with 1500 viewsEsox_Lucius

A new government.

The grass is always greener.

What do we need ? on 13:28 - Jan 5 with 1406 viewsloftus77

What do we need ? on 15:33 - Jan 4 by Stainrod

Pace. power and fitness are the key nowadays I would say. Like tennis, its almost a different sport entirely from that played in the 70s (much as Rs look back on that era wistfully, being our glory days).

Be interested to hear how many we have scored per game since we tightened up at the back, about a dozen games ago. It feels like we are conceding less but also scoring less?

We haven't ripped a team apart this season the way the Adel team did (and Fulham have done several times already). Think that 3-0 at Hull probably our top score? Yes you only need to score one more than the opposition but our closer scores are an indication of why we are play off contenders rather than Championship winners like we were that year.

Re Adel he got 19 goals but the same or even slightly more assists on top - he was different class to anyone we currently have, fantastic tho some of our players are. But Heider certainly wasn't any more prolific than Dykes (and there were a lot of penalties in his total).

Like your third para, because it is revelatory about where we are and (IMHO) not at all greedy. I was thinking the same the other day.

Teams that are powering for automatic promotion do regularly tend to 'put teams away' (think Watford 6-0 v Bristol City, Fulham this season) as well as winning ugly. We are not in that ballpark (yet) and nor would I expect us to be. Put simply, we work hard, and have to work hard for every win - which suggests to me that, if we avoid more ongoing winter injuries, its all about scrapping week-in week-out for a play-off place.
What do we need ? on 13:39 - Jan 5 with 1387 viewshantssi

What do we need ? on 16:03 - Jan 4 by gazza1

If anyone, actually, thinks that Dykes is a decent 'proper' CF then they do not know the basics of football and are totally blind of his limitations. Likewise, if posters think he is Premier class or ever will be then they do not have one clue - it is as simple as that.

Fed up with all this chat about Lydon 'fooking' Dykes - Premiership player , my arse!!!!

He started the season behind CA, he is now possibly at levels with CA, for one reason only and that is CA is finding it very tough. A fit and ready CA would loose Dykes any day of the week but maybe we will not see that from CA any more - we will see.

We need a 'proper' striker to win us automatic promotion.

Perhaps you should apply for a manager or coaches position with us as you obviously know far more about football than the current set up!
Also, where are we to find this mythical striker you yearn for and how on earth are will we be able to afford him?
Login to get fewer ads

What do we need ? on 14:04 - Jan 5 with 1348 viewsEsox_Lucius

What do we need ? on 13:39 - Jan 5 by hantssi

Perhaps you should apply for a manager or coaches position with us as you obviously know far more about football than the current set up!
Also, where are we to find this mythical striker you yearn for and how on earth are will we be able to afford him?

He's the only person that thinks he knows about football. He is better at trolling.

The grass is always greener.

What do we need ? on 19:18 - Jan 17 with 1110 viewstoreqpr

I have been Thinking. Not a very good idea..............But here we go again!
To get around our CB "problem" Id like to try Stefan Johansen as a ballplaying CB Lthink he has all that is needed in trhat pos.
Discuss please .
What do we need ? on 19:42 - Jan 17 with 1041 viewskensalriser

What do we need ? on 19:18 - Jan 17 by toreqpr

I have been Thinking. Not a very good idea..............But here we go again!
To get around our CB "problem" Id like to try Stefan Johansen as a ballplaying CB Lthink he has all that is needed in trhat pos.
Discuss please .

I think we'd be giving away a lot of penalties and losing a lot of aerial duels.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024