Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sue Gray Report 11:53 - Jan 20 with 4015 viewsSadoldgit

So what do we think? Will it bury Johnson or allow him to wriggle off the hook? My thinking is it will be the latter. It will be vague enough to allow him to pin the blame on a few of the people who he joined the work do/party to thank for their hard work. They will be thrown under the bus to save Johnson’s career. No bad thing really (although not great for the country or for the scapegoats). The longer he stays in post now the more the anger will fester and, hopefully, the stronger the opposition will become. More and more people who have been in denial about him and his behaviour are now seeing him for what he is - another Trump with an over inflated ego and no self awareness or care for the people he is paid to represent. It is all about Boris. What a total plum this bloke is. He would rather cling on embarrassingly to power than let someone with a semblance of competence take over and help us navigate out of this mess.
The Sue Gray Report on 17:04 - Jan 31 with 1154 viewssolent_toffee

The Sue Gray Report on 16:45 - Jan 31 by Sadoldgit

So having said that he would take full responsibility it pretty clear that if he did he would have resigned by now. He will hang on until the police conclude their investigation in which time he will have found another way to wiggle off the hook. What’s the latest bol locks? Unleashing the full benefits of Brexit? Why only now? Couldn’t we have done with those much earlier (whatever they are).
As for the NI increases. Instead of clobbering us normal working people again, perhaps he could have used the £350m a week to support the NHS and social care reforms as per his infamous election pledge in the side of a bus?

Sky News had me chuckle earlier, they were in a pub in Dudley in the West Midlands gauging peoples reactions and thoughts on the the Sue Grey report.

They asked one old boy who’d clearly been on it all day what his take on it was to which he said he’s doing a great job, sorting out the pandemic, getting Brexit done, doing his best etc. When the presenter pushed him about the report he looked totally lost and said he had no idea what she was talking about.

This pissed up old Brummie spoke more sense than Johnson has in the past hour or so.
The Sue Gray Report on 18:11 - Jan 31 with 1101 viewssaint68

I'm sure Dominic Cummings has more powerful accusations to leak going forward..this spat isn't anywhere near concluded.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The Sue Gray Report on 18:33 - Jan 31 with 1087 viewsSadoldgit

Excellent performance from Starmer in the Commons this afternoon. Thoughtful, deliberate, dignified, statesman like. He displayed all of the qualities that our PM lacks. If the Tory Party have any sense they will ditch this dead weight now.
The Sue Gray Report on 19:38 - Jan 31 with 1047 viewskingolaf

Boris made Donald Trump look statesmanlike today.

He is an absolute disgrace. If the stories don’t get rid, they’ll lose an 80 majority at the next election.
The Sue Gray Report on 20:33 - Jan 31 with 1010 viewssolent_toffee

The Sue Gray Report on 19:38 - Jan 31 by kingolaf

Boris made Donald Trump look statesmanlike today.

He is an absolute disgrace. If the stories don’t get rid, they’ll lose an 80 majority at the next election.

The fact that him, Jacob Rees Mogg and Dominic Raab were laughing their cocks off when MP’s were asking serious questions sums them up.

Scumbags. But posh privileged white ones so they surely are better than us, so carry on regardless.
The Sue Gray Report on 22:23 - Jan 31 with 921 viewspjt50

Did the Met really say today that “their investigation would not take more than a year“ (as reported on the BBC website)? That's an average of one party per month. The whole thing stinks.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

The Sue Gray Report on 07:47 - Feb 1 with 870 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 22:23 - Jan 31 by pjt50

Did the Met really say today that “their investigation would not take more than a year“ (as reported on the BBC website)? That's an average of one party per month. The whole thing stinks.

It really shouldn’t take too long. It is not like it is a murder investigation and Sue Gray has already done most of the work for them. Just some fact checking I would imagine.
The Sue Gray Report on 10:04 - Feb 1 with 843 viewsSadoldgit

At least we get to see the current Tory big hitters in their true light. Is she drunk?
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/nadine-dorries-catherin

Would have posted this on the Party Party page but it appears to have frozen?
Login to get fewer ads

The Sue Gray Report on 10:15 - Feb 1 with 827 viewsBazza

The Sue Gray Report on 10:04 - Feb 1 by Sadoldgit

At least we get to see the current Tory big hitters in their true light. Is she drunk?
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/nadine-dorries-catherin

Only through your anti-govt specs.
All I can see is another bullying interviewer trying to get Dorries to say something she rejects. This is why we rarely get politicians to give us us their honest views.
The Sue Gray Report on 10:22 - Feb 1 with 822 viewspjt50

How did this woman get within a million miles of holding a government position?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

The Sue Gray Report on 10:25 - Feb 1 with 819 viewsBison

It must have a skate virus as i get to a post from Arthur and then it freezes without the normal tabs at bottom.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

The Sue Gray Report on 10:38 - Feb 1 with 811 viewsdirk_doone

The Sue Gray Report on 10:15 - Feb 1 by Bazza

All I can see is another bullying interviewer trying to get Dorries to say something she rejects. This is why we rarely get politicians to give us us their honest views.

The reason interviewers can't get their honest views is because they are liars. At the end of the interview she clearly states "The prime minister tells the truth" then repeats it, and it's already been proven many times that 's not true. Even she knows that and her squirming body language as she said it showed that she does.

Dishonesty is so ingrained in our government that telling lies has become their normal way of speaking. Looking at that government front bench yesterday, I saw the shiftiest, most dishonest bunch of self-serving individuals ever to disgrace it. Even honest members of their own party, like Theresa May, are ashamed of them. Interviewers bloody well should give them a hard time.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 11:10]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The Sue Gray Report on 11:33 - Feb 1 with 777 viewssaint901

Johnson was utterly disgraceful yesterday.

By using "we" (and assuming he didn't mean him and his wife) instead of "I" he waned to make it look as though the "lack of leadership" was shared problem and not his alone. Hello? Leaders are alone - that's the job description.

Everything that happens in his office is at his feet and by refusing to contemplate that he messed up - or to be contrite and not use a bunch of mealy mouthed, half arsed excuses - he has let the country down.

I am ashamed to be represented by him.

He compounded his performance by voicing a widely discredited lie that Starmer allowed Saville to get away from prosecution. Not only is that untrue but it's like a child reacting to being told off by attacking the behaviour of others. That's not what adults do.

He is being pushed around by his wife and refuses to stand up to her. Look at what she's done. Pushed out somebody who has all the dirty secrets; pushed him to send a plane to Afgan for dogs; pushed him to buy £840 a metre wallpaper that he lied to a standards commission about; pushed him to employ Mad Nad as a supporter because she's part of her clique.

He's weak, venal, a liar, a shameless charlatan and either so stupid as to not recognise a law breaking party or too arrogant to care about the rules.

Those who support him are the same.
The Sue Gray Report on 11:39 - Feb 1 with 761 viewsPaleRider

The Sue Gray Report on 11:33 - Feb 1 by saint901

Johnson was utterly disgraceful yesterday.

By using "we" (and assuming he didn't mean him and his wife) instead of "I" he waned to make it look as though the "lack of leadership" was shared problem and not his alone. Hello? Leaders are alone - that's the job description.

Everything that happens in his office is at his feet and by refusing to contemplate that he messed up - or to be contrite and not use a bunch of mealy mouthed, half arsed excuses - he has let the country down.

I am ashamed to be represented by him.

He compounded his performance by voicing a widely discredited lie that Starmer allowed Saville to get away from prosecution. Not only is that untrue but it's like a child reacting to being told off by attacking the behaviour of others. That's not what adults do.

He is being pushed around by his wife and refuses to stand up to her. Look at what she's done. Pushed out somebody who has all the dirty secrets; pushed him to send a plane to Afgan for dogs; pushed him to buy £840 a metre wallpaper that he lied to a standards commission about; pushed him to employ Mad Nad as a supporter because she's part of her clique.

He's weak, venal, a liar, a shameless charlatan and either so stupid as to not recognise a law breaking party or too arrogant to care about the rules.

Those who support him are the same.

Conmen thrive on two things about their victims: greed and shame of being rumbled as falling to a conman's charms.

If you look at Boris he operates in exactly this way - he is a classic con man.

BTW - The Minister of Police was previously Deputy Mayor of Policing in London. Free ride for the Met?
The Sue Gray Report on 11:49 - Feb 1 with 757 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 10:15 - Feb 1 by Bazza

There was absolutely nothing stopping her given her honest view. The reason I have anti Government specs in is because people like her and her boss. This clip has gone viral and everyone is laughing at it. This is the first time I have seen anyone supporting her. Perhaps you need to look at it again. She clearly says that Johnson does not lie at the end. She could have done what all politicians do and not answered the question, but she chose to say those words. Twice she says “The Prime Minister does not lie”.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 11:56]
The Sue Gray Report on 11:49 - Feb 1 with 757 viewsPaleRider

I also think it's time that MP's lose the title "the honourable". The concept clearly has not applied in Parliament for many, many years and the title has lost all meaning.
The Sue Gray Report on 12:05 - Feb 1 with 751 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 11:49 - Feb 1 by PaleRider

I also think it's time that MP's lose the title "the honourable". The concept clearly has not applied in Parliament for many, many years and the title has lost all meaning.

Or maybe just change it to “dishonourable” in his case?
The Sue Gray Report on 12:08 - Feb 1 with 750 viewsPaleRider

The Sue Gray Report on 12:05 - Feb 1 by Sadoldgit

Or maybe just change it to “dishonourable” in his case?

No - it applies to so many MP's on all sides of the house. It's time for a fundamental change.
The Sue Gray Report on 12:09 - Feb 1 with 748 viewsPaleRider

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60215575
The Sue Gray Report on 12:22 - Feb 1 with 739 viewsHeisenberg

The Sue Gray Report on 10:22 - Feb 1 by pjt50

How did this woman get within a million miles of holding a government position?

Ahhh Nadine Dorrirs. Our culture secretary whose only contribution and claim to fame is to have eaten kangaroo bollox on live TV. That interview was priceless. I thought she was going to say ‘am I bovvered’. A Johnson appointment and another clueless oddball. Anyone who is defending this lot wants their head examined.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

The Sue Gray Report on 14:15 - Feb 1 with 679 viewsSadoldgit

The Sue Gray Report on 12:09 - Feb 1 by PaleRider

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60215575

When Johnson finally packs his bags perhaps he can take Ms Dick with him? She has had plenty of time to sort the problems in the Met out but it seems that little changes.
The Sue Gray Report on 14:32 - Feb 1 with 672 viewsBazza

The Sue Gray Report on 14:15 - Feb 1 by Sadoldgit

When Johnson finally packs his bags perhaps he can take Ms Dick with him? She has had plenty of time to sort the problems in the Met out but it seems that little changes.

Something I can definitely agree with
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024