Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update 17:13 - Feb 2 with 9939 viewsDale_Trust

We have received an email from Matthew Southall with a statement from Morton House this afternoon that was being circulated to both local and national media. As you'd expect, we have passed this on to our legal team and we are not planning on making any comment at this moment in time.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 19:47]
Update on 01:49 - Feb 3 with 3640 viewsDorkingDale

Update on 18:20 - Feb 2 by kel

Maybe the “usual clique” might know. Ask them perhaps?

Are you suggesting that you don't believe the Trust and that they are unprofessional enough to share information that their lawyers have told them should remain confidential?
Update on 01:53 - Feb 3 with 3634 viewsDorkingDale

Update on 20:19 - Feb 2 by RAFCBLUE

Morton House are a reputable payroll company offering "Hassle free payroll solutions you can trust"

https://www.mortonhousecs.com/

As a fully compliant umbrella company, Morton House offers a wide range of dependable payroll solutions to both recruitment agencies and contractors.

Matthew is probably just reaching out to the Dale Trust asking them if they need help in ensuring they operate fully compliant payroll.

Morton House say they pride themselves on efficiency and are committed to providing a completely secure service that enhances commercial performance.

Matthew's commercial performances at Charlton Athletic are well documented and I am sure he has a great deal to add for them as they expand their corporate envelope from his home in Worsley.

Soon to be former home......
Update on 01:58 - Feb 3 with 3629 viewsDorkingDale

Update on 20:26 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

My impression is that Jade will jump ship as soon as the funds for her 'upkeep' dry up

Or, even worse, she finds herself liable for some of the debts he's racked up. But who knows, i could be wrong and it could be a love match. If not, she needs to check with her legal advisers regarding maintenance. Oh, but that's based on earned income and assets...

She must be mightily pissed off that she spent years designing the perfect house & documenting it in great detail (the interior decoration of which she finally finished mid-2021) only to have to sell it 6 months later. Shame.
Update on 05:40 - Feb 3 with 3496 viewskel

Update on 01:49 - Feb 3 by DorkingDale

Are you suggesting that you don't believe the Trust and that they are unprofessional enough to share information that their lawyers have told them should remain confidential?

No.
Update on 06:39 - Feb 3 with 3443 viewsDale_4_Life

Southall / Morton House are in a hole and have never heard the expression it's time to stop digging.

Like a heavyweight boxer out on his feet in the 12th they are throwing roundhouses in the hope one connects. The issue for them is their opponent is way to nimble on its feet to get caught.

Dale remains vigilant. Southall / Morton House had no idea who or what they were taking on.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 6:41]
Update on 21:58 - Feb 3 with 2941 viewsEllDale

Was their an embargo on the press release from Southall?
I subscribe to several news feeds and haven’t seen anything yet?
Update on 22:53 - Feb 3 with 2794 viewsBrierls

Update on 21:58 - Feb 3 by EllDale

It’s all very confusing, isn’t it?

Southall (and Morton House) sent a letter to the Trust. We know that’s true because the Trust (sensibly and responsibly) forwarded the letter to their legal representative, and also informed their followers of the action.

Southall (and Morton House) said he’d sent/will send the letter to local and national news outlets. We don’t know if this is true, but you’d expect to have seen it somewhere by now if he had sent it.

Anybody looking at those two statements could easily come to the conclusion that Southall is full of shit. There’s also a word to describe the tactics used, but we’ll not say that out loud because it gives him something to hang his ‘prejudice’ hat on.
Update on 23:16 - Feb 3 with 2741 viewsRAFCBLUE

Update on 21:58 - Feb 3 by EllDale

It's going to be a legal minefield nightmare for all of the media outlets given that Morton House have actively chosen to attack individual and unpaid volunteers with an unfair prejudice claim.

If any media organisations so much as publishes an incorrect name, comment or allegations that is not 100% correct and defendable in court then they could be sued under the Defamation Act 2013.

The Defamation Act 2013 (c 26) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, which reformed English defamation law on issues of the right to freedom of expression and the protection of reputation.

The 2013 Act changed existing criteria for a successful claim, by requiring claimants to show actual or probable serious harm (which, in the case of for-profit bodies, is restricted to serious financial loss), before suing for defamation in England or Wales.

Entities like the BBC and newspapers have deep pockets and are fair game if they get it wrong.

They won't be rushing to publish something. Lawyers pull things in the media all the time.

You can't however be challenged for quoting something the public domain.

For example, the EFL statement on Morton House from August 2021:
https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

So all legitimately ok to say about Morton House that the EFL noted they are withdrawing from all things Rochdale and divesting (i.e. selling) their shares:

"Having considered the request for information made of them, Morton House MGT, on behalf of its directors, and representatives, has now informed the League that it is formally withdrawing from the approval process and plans to divest the shares acquired in the Club at the earliest opportunity.

Furthermore, Morton House MGT, its directors, and representatives, have confirmed to the League they are refusing to co-operate with the League’s ongoing investigations. Despite these developments, the EFL will be continuing with its disciplinary investigations into this matter and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations."

A defamation trial can be done by review of documents by order of the court.

We might actually be able to conduct the EFL's investigation for them in real time and forensic detail and in a public forum.

Let's see if Matthew Southall, Simon Stone or the BBC or any other media outlet is foolish/brave enough to run something on this story in February 2022.

Southall tried it on with Charlton's Supporters Trust in 2020. They saw him off with a big stick and offered him the chance to withdraw his allegations.

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/cast-responds-to-southalls-threat-to-sue/

Despite the threats disclosed by CAST, Southall did not take the Charlton Supporters Trust to court. He ran away with his tail between his legs having been removed by Nimer.

Nick Jackson and Hanna Kelly published news on the Crowdfunding on 1 February 2022:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-af

As it says at the end of the article:

The Manchester Evening News has contacted Morton House for comment.

Matthew Southall isn't been approached because his is nothing to do legally with Morton House. It would be different if they appointed him a statutory director, but they won't do that.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Update on 11:56 - Feb 4 with 2430 viewsDorkingDale

Update on 05:40 - Feb 3 by kel

No.

Pleased to hear it. We've got enough on our plate without getting into in-fighting.
Update on 12:15 - Feb 4 with 2368 viewsboromat

Update on 23:43 - Feb 2 by mikehunt

And I had my reply from the EFL stating they understand Dale fans’ frustration in the slowness of their ongoing ,thorough investigations involving, not only the Club but companies and individuals. Reiterating that new information had come to light during the past few weeks. A statement would be forthcoming as and when.
Bit similar to someone else’s response on here recently. Didn’t read like a stock reply and was signed by Danny.
So that’s that then.

Even a communication to say that the investigation is on going and there is new information would be welcome.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Update on 12:29 - Feb 4 with 2336 viewsDaleiLama

Update on 12:15 - Feb 4 by boromat

Even a communication to say that the investigation is on going and there is new information would be welcome.

I'm afraid my patience was up this morning.

On 9th of August, I was sent this mail:

"The EFL continues to work with Rochdale AFC, Morton House Mgt and First Form Construction Limited alongside a number of other individuals in relation to applications under the EFL’s Owners’ and Directors‘ Test.

Based on discussions to date, the EFL has reserved its position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the Club and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations.

Any further comment will be made at an appropriate time".

Well, I cannot think of a more appropriate time, so I fired this off:

You may or may not be aware that suit has been filed against 8 directors of the club and the club trust since your email "reserving your position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the Club and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations".

There is now a crowd funding page set up to raise £130,000 to defend those accused in the suit which will be met by fans of both Dale and many, many other clubs. Probably this is a small sum to the EFL, but not to fans who have put their hands in their pockets to fund this defence.

Keep Rochdale AFC a fan-owned football club (crowdjustice.com) <- link to crowdfund page

Make no mistake, the eyes of the football and media world are on you. As they have been during the whole period you have stayed in your bunker and made no statements of any relevance to our club and not got your hands dirty.

Fans around the country have donated to this cause - a cause which needn't have arisen if the EFL had done its job and declared Morton House and First Form Construction unfit owners.

It is too late doing something posthumously, when there could be two clubs within 5 miles of each other (if Dale follow Bury) which have disappeared on your watch as you have "reserved your position" (aka fiddled while Rome was burning).

Please take note. Action is needed NOW. Not tomorrow, or in a few weeks, months etc when it's too late. NOW.

Thanks and regards

DaleiLama (real name used)

PS If you need further information in support of making an "unfit and improper" declaration regarding Morton House, there is a wealth of information in this link, well-researched by Dale fans who, had it not been for their action, would have already lost their club. Come on EFL. It's not too late.

Forum | The Hostile Takeover Thread by UpTheDaleNotForSale | RochdaleAFC.com (fansnetwork.co.uk)

I have no faith it will have any affect whatsoever, and will no doubt be added to the pile of complaints awaiting BS responses, but I felt better having got it off my chest. After I had typed it, I did wonder if there is a process of instituting a vote of "no confidence" in the EFL. I suspect if so, it would only be available to clubs and there is probably too much at stake to go down that route of last resort.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Update on 12:32 - Feb 4 with 2322 viewskel

Update on 11:56 - Feb 4 by DorkingDale

Pleased to hear it. We've got enough on our plate without getting into in-fighting.

You’ll probably find I’m one of the biggest supporters the trust has. My post was in response to a previous post by the person I replied to and his/her boring ‘clique’ jibes.
Update on 16:09 - Feb 4 with 2013 viewsDorkingDale

Update on 12:32 - Feb 4 by kel

You’ll probably find I’m one of the biggest supporters the trust has. My post was in response to a previous post by the person I replied to and his/her boring ‘clique’ jibes.

Sorry Kel - my mistake. Shouldn't have fired from the hip so quickly.....
Update on 16:22 - Feb 4 with 1971 viewskel

Update on 16:09 - Feb 4 by DorkingDale

Sorry Kel - my mistake. Shouldn't have fired from the hip so quickly.....

No worries, I’ve been guilty of that many times myself
Update on 17:23 - Feb 4 with 1811 viewsDale_4_Life

I can't believe just how quiet and invisible the EFL have become.

The evidence is all out there and a conclusion a pretty easy one to decipher. I wonder why our board are not pressing them for some quicker decisions. It really is time to shit or get off the pot.
Update on 20:35 - Feb 4 with 1494 viewsRAFCBLUE

The national press appear subsumed by Derby County.

That the typical luck of Matthew Southall.

He gets out his crayons and scrawls a missive (but makes sure he colours carefully right up to the edges) which tells us that the nationals are going to be all over it and then, like last time, they are not.

They've put his "circulation" in the bin!

For Matthew's benefit, this is what national press have said about Rochdale AFC and the hostile takeover:

DAILY TELEGRAPH:

5 August 2021 - FA investigating homophobic slur accusation as part of 'hostile' Rochdale takeover
by Ben Rumsby

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

THE GUARDIAN

21 August 2021 - Rochdale takeover is abandoned after EFL launches disciplinary investigation

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/21/rochdale-takeover-abandoned-aft

Meanwhile a representative of Crayola commented:

"We are a box of crayons each of us is unique but when we get together the picture is complete. Our crayons should only be used for good.

Good luck to Rochdale AFC fans around the world fighting off this unwanted hostile takeover.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024