Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a random question 08:43 - Mar 20 with 1650 viewsfrenzied

Is there any reason that Dales league games are played generally on a Tues rather than Weds night?

My only thought was that European nights were always on a Weds in by gone times and the idea was to attract the floating fan from Man U for example.

Now of course the Euro nights are Tues Weds Or Thurs.

There could be a reason that i am completely missing?

I seem to recall Stockport played a lot of their home games on a Friday night
Just a random question on 09:32 - Mar 20 with 1546 viewsseasidedale

It used to be that night games where played on the towns half day closing, think the idea was people had more time but that doesn’t hold anymore, mind in early seventies and late sixties we used to play on Monday night
Just a random question on 10:06 - Mar 20 with 1458 viewsfrenzied

Just a random question on 09:32 - Mar 20 by seasidedale

It used to be that night games where played on the towns half day closing, think the idea was people had more time but that doesn’t hold anymore, mind in early seventies and late sixties we used to play on Monday night

Thanks for that.

I assume the Mon night was instead of the Sat afternoon..or was it both?
Just a random question on 10:16 - Mar 20 with 1442 viewsTVOS1907

Just a random question on 10:06 - Mar 20 by frenzied

Thanks for that.

I assume the Mon night was instead of the Sat afternoon..or was it both?

Both

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just a random question on 10:17 - Mar 20 with 1442 viewsmingthemerciless

Both.
I was reading the other day about an Irish player in the 1960’s who played in the old Frst Division on the Saturday and then made his way to Dublin and played for Eire on the Sunday. He scored 2 goals in both games as well !
Just a random question on 11:28 - Mar 20 with 1332 viewsDalenet

I have found it frustrating that the 3 postponed home games have all been moved to a Tuesday late in the month, rather than choosing a date earlier in the month when we were free. My other commitments mean I struggle to attend night games on Tuesdays in the last two weeks of the month. But Wednesday would do me just fine.

I guess we can please some of the people, some of the time......
Just a random question on 12:02 - Mar 20 with 1280 viewsTVOS1907

Just a random question on 11:28 - Mar 20 by Dalenet

I have found it frustrating that the 3 postponed home games have all been moved to a Tuesday late in the month, rather than choosing a date earlier in the month when we were free. My other commitments mean I struggle to attend night games on Tuesdays in the last two weeks of the month. But Wednesday would do me just fine.

I guess we can please some of the people, some of the time......

It's not really a case of pleasing people, though.

We all know that our postponed games are going to be rearranged for Tuesday nights, with the occasional Wednesday thrown in now and then, depending on circumstances.

Everyone has work or personal commitments that mean they can or can't make those games. There will be some fans who can't make Wednesdays, but who can make Tuesdays, for example.

It's an occupational hazard of being a football fan, but at least we generally know when our games, with the odd exception, will take place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024