Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walcott’s contract sure was worth it 21:41 - May 12 with 4285 viewsElijahK

So a PL player on a pro contract can now have the time to go and be a pundit for a midweek game! Sheesh just sums up how much of a waste his contract was

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 18:13 - May 13 with 943 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 15:51 - May 13 by saints__fan__73

But it less needed Sherlock Holmes than Eamonn Holmes to work it out though.

Walcott started out ok in his loan period but tailed off badly the last few months and did f'k all so it was very obvious we shouldn't have signed a 33 yer old player whose game was based solely on pace - whose pace has totally gone.

If he had continued as he started then no problem then? Who was to know that his form would dip so much?
Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 18:15 - May 13 with 939 viewssaint68

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 18:13 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

If he had continued as he started then no problem then? Who was to know that his form would dip so much?

I'd say every supporter of Arsenal and Everton..he had previous that we were all aware of..so no great shock really.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 18:54 - May 13 with 900 viewsButty101

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 18:15 - May 13 by saint68

I'd say every supporter of Arsenal and Everton..he had previous that we were all aware of..so no great shock really.

At the end of last season when we were injury hit, he was benched and getting no game time. God knows why we signed him. It wasn’t like the fans were clambering for him to be signed

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 19:30 - May 13 with 863 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 17:06 - May 13 by Butty101

utter bs ! who are west ham,everton and villa signing and beating us?

Ings, Watkins, Lingarred, Target, Townsend and many more. And now Tete apparently. Ings went for the money to Villa. A good striker who was scoring all our goals went to a mid table team because Villa's owners were prepared to pay him more. Despite Ralph wanting to keep him to score our goals, the player wanted more money than we could afford, so he left. What is BS about that absolute fact? You really believe teams like Villa and West Ham don't pay more and therefore get the better players? Explain why Ings left then for villa, yes Villa. So in answer to your question, Ings is the most obvious one. In other words, through no fault of his own, Ralph had Ings swapped for Armstrong. Surprise surprise, we then scored less goals.

And almost forgot but Villa signed Coutinho too. A champions league, title winning midfielder that we could only dream of signing. Not a chance we could have got him to sign for us. We signed Diallo instead.
[Post edited 13 May 2022 19:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 19:37 - May 13 with 845 viewssaints__fan__73

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 18:13 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

Did you actually understand what I wrote? His performance dipped badly over the last part of his LOAN move so we had a great idea not to sign him on a permanent deal.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 20:17 - May 13 with 804 viewsElijahK

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 17:06 - May 13 by Butty101

utter bs ! who are west ham,everton and villa signing and beating us?

I think juts having a look at their most recent signings and net spend answers that question

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 21:07 - May 13 with 772 viewsSaintsforeverj

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 20:17 - May 13 by ElijahK

I think juts having a look at their most recent signings and net spend answers that question

And the next one of our players to go to one of those teams will be Broja. He will most likely end up at West Ham. Another player we can't afford but they can.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 23:01 - May 13 with 722 viewsElijahK

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 21:07 - May 13 by Saintsforeverj

And the next one of our players to go to one of those teams will be Broja. He will most likely end up at West Ham. Another player we can't afford but they can.

Well I dunno about that, as he’s been shite since January and I’d certainly not pay £30mill+ for him, as he had that great few months where he started to score, but after that was just poor

Login to get fewer ads

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 09:15 - May 14 with 627 viewsSadoldgit

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 19:37 - May 13 by saints__fan__73

Did you actually understand what I wrote? His performance dipped badly over the last part of his LOAN move so we had a great idea not to sign him on a permanent deal.

No I didn’t (and for the record I wouldn’t have signed him again but the club did so we are where we are).
[Post edited 14 May 2022 9:19]
Walcott’s contract sure was worth it (n/t) on 13:54 - May 14 with 559 viewssmartjoe

[Post edited 14 May 2022 14:25]
Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 14:15 - May 14 with 546 viewssmartjoe

Walcott’s contract sure was worth it on 13:51 - May 13 by dirk_doone

Fans know their own players and in > 90% of cases when the fans of a club are ALL glad to get rid of a player, he is going to be a waste of money and all Everton fans were glad to get shot of Walcott. The same was true of Monaco fans and Carrillo.

There you go again Dirk, applying good logic as always ( excluding politics of course).
I think you should be recruited as an advisor to the Saints board or even take over a Saint's chat forum as I'm sure we would get more sense from you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024