Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good old Mossy 12:17 - May 30 with 1438 viewsHamnottingham

If you thought Moss' performance at Leicester was bad then think again.

At Leicester he failed to book any of the Leicester players for repeated 'professional' fouls to halt possible Saints breaks and then we had the Vardy injury restart. Seldom have I seen a crowd as incensed with a ref as that day. I was hoarse for 3 days after. At least it was his last match in charge.

Then to my horror/amusement he was there, yesterday for the Forest/Huddersfield match. We live in Nottingham, so had an interest in the game as many of our friends are Forest fans (though more are County!) What a ref/VAR cock up.

Though Huddersfield failed to get a shot on target (Forest hardly tested the keeper either and scored with an OG) they had 2 clear penalties. The first 'Mossy' failed to spot and gave a yellow for diving. VAR didn't deem having your trailing leg tripped onto the other leg in classic playground fashion a 'clear and obvious'! The second was even clearer trip from behind which Moss didn't give and VAR (I think) didn't review.

Absolutely bizarre decisions in the 'most valuable match in the world to the winners'.
Good old Mossy on 12:34 - May 30 with 1396 viewsElijahK

I agree that moss is a joke of an official, and him and Dean won’t be missed next season. As I was speaking to some other officials at a game I did recently which is when I found out he’d be doing the playoff game, and it just shows of just how poor the FA can be at times. As you shouldn’t give a ref a major games just because it’s his last. As maybe if he’s had a decent season then yeah it’s not too bad of a send off “gift”. But when their seasons been abysmal, then that’s when it’s just a joke.
As that playoff should’ve been given to ether a championship official that had a great season and was gonna be replacing moss/Dean/Atkinson next season, just so they could get a feel for the level and attention some of the games they were gonna get we’re gonna be like. Or to Atkinson, as his seasons actually been pretty decent and he’s certainly someone that did know what he was doing and didn’t mess up anywhere near as often as the other two.

But for the penalties yesterday, first one one I’m still unsure about as the contact made is minimum, the huddlesfield player is going down before any contacts made, and from one angle it looks like he moves his leg (as in to suggest that it had been hit) before any contact was even made.
But the second one is another close one, but I do think that one should’ve been given as he does go into him, and in todays game defenders have to be more careful than what happened there.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 16:05]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Good old Mossy (n/t) on 12:36 - May 30 with 1392 viewsElijahK

[Post edited 30 May 2022 12:37]

Good old Mossy on 13:49 - May 30 with 1313 viewskingslandstand1

I posted similar but not as lengthy while watching the game but only after the pen that did go to var

It was said by one radio "pundit" that he may not have given either as he didn't want to go out on "a controversial decision"!

Absolute joke
Good old Mossy on 14:02 - May 30 with 1302 viewsElijahK

Good old Mossy on 13:49 - May 30 by kingslandstand1

I posted similar but not as lengthy while watching the game but only after the pen that did go to var

It was said by one radio "pundit" that he may not have given either as he didn't want to go out on "a controversial decision"!

Absolute joke

As much as Moss can be a poor official, most of what pundits/journalists/commentators come out with is nonsense though, as 99% of the time they’ve got no idea of what they’re on about

Good old Mossy on 14:07 - May 30 with 1296 viewsdirk_doone

Good old Mossy on 13:49 - May 30 by kingslandstand1

Absolute joke

When in doubt, Moss and Dean err in favour of the bigger club. If it had been Forest attacking in the same situation, Moss would probably have awarded them a penalty.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Good old Mossy on 15:15 - May 30 with 1239 viewskingslandstand1

Good old Mossy on 14:07 - May 30 by dirk_doone

When in doubt, Moss and Dean err in favour of the bigger club. If it had been Forest attacking in the same situation, Moss would probably have awarded them a penalty.

That's exactly what I said in my post on Saturday

I accept what Elijah has said below, but to me they both seemed clear cut and controversial decisions
Good old Mossy on 15:29 - May 30 with 1224 viewsElijahK

Good old Mossy on 15:15 - May 30 by kingslandstand1

That's exactly what I said in my post on Saturday

I accept what Elijah has said below, but to me they both seemed clear cut and controversial decisions

Yeah well he shouldn’t have been picked for it anyway, and for this level I’m not too certain that there is any biased opinions on teams (although I certainly agree that there is for the top ones), but at least 1 of those 2 pens should’ve been given, but why they didn’t even check the second one is beyond me.

Good old Mossy on 21:39 - May 30 with 1052 viewsA1079

Moss was awful. Huddersfield undoubtedly should have had a penalty for at least one of them though as a strike force they offered very little. Though I kind of didn't mind who won and I do like Forest and recall seeing them play at the Dell in some entertaining games so I am quite happy about them coming up I did feel that all was stacked against Huddersfield. All the media and pundit focus and support was on Forest and it is strange how you just know who the media and pundits prefer.

I was thinking as the season came to a close and there was that lingering feel that we could still go down and I could just tell that out of all the sides that could have gone down you felt that the media and pundits were hoping that it would be Burnley or ourselves. I get the impression that no one would miss Saints if we did drop out of the PL. Not that it really matters one iota what the media or pundits think but it probably does say something about how we are perceived. When we first came up to the PL we were briefly seen as a forward thinking club going places (a bit like Forest are now), now we are seen as.........I am not sure what.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024