Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corey O'Keeffe 18:06 - Jun 7 with 6026 viewsHullDale

has gone to Forest Green Rovers... great move for him, & they'll see him as a ready made replacement for Kane Wilson if he is off to Bristol!
Corey O'Keeffe on 18:49 - Jun 7 with 5876 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://stroudtimes.com/new-forest-green-boss-makes-his-first-signing-of-the-sum

Confirmed in The Stroud Times

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Corey O'Keeffe on 18:51 - Jun 7 with 5863 viewsdavidab2202

Good Luck to the lad
Don't think any Dale fan expected him to still be with us for next season.
Possibly he has a higher opinion of his abilities than some of his displays for Dale in the second half of the season would imply
Corey O'Keeffe on 18:55 - Jun 7 with 5827 views49thseason

I almost expected he would move on so no real shock, decent going forward but weak defensively. Its another spot to fill but I wonder how hard we tried to keep him?
There are better wingers and much better defenders within our budget I have no doubt.
Corey O'Keeffe on 19:07 - Jun 7 with 5779 viewsboromat

Corey O'Keeffe on 18:55 - Jun 7 by 49thseason

I almost expected he would move on so no real shock, decent going forward but weak defensively. Its another spot to fill but I wonder how hard we tried to keep him?
There are better wingers and much better defenders within our budget I have no doubt.

I can imagine we put a realistic offer for him based on his performances. It's quite possible another team just seeing his best bits could have valued him higher. We're always going to be outbid for players.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Corey O'Keeffe on 19:11 - Jun 7 with 5754 viewsSuddenLad

No surprise to me. His best spell was his loan spell. Based on his performances since January, I'm not bothered that he's gone elsewhere. It's what he wanted so we move on. No doubt RS was ready for that and knows who he wants to replace him with.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Corey O'Keeffe on 19:57 - Jun 7 with 5592 viewsRippDale

Corey O'Keeffe on 19:11 - Jun 7 by SuddenLad

No surprise to me. His best spell was his loan spell. Based on his performances since January, I'm not bothered that he's gone elsewhere. It's what he wanted so we move on. No doubt RS was ready for that and knows who he wants to replace him with.

I would prefer a more defensively sound fullback in the Joe Rafferty mode so that we have the flexibility to play with a flat back 4, that was never possible with CK. We have been vulnerable from wide positions for many seasons now and conceded lots by our fullbacks missing their defensive roles
Corey O'Keeffe on 20:17 - Jun 7 with 5527 viewsNorthernDale

If Corey had remained, I would still have signed a right back and put Corey on the wing, but good luck to him in his move to FG.

Hopefully RS will have identified a replacement just in case, he decided not to sign.

Besides the GK from Bradford, we seem to be a bit quiet in terms of recruitment.
Corey O'Keeffe on 20:20 - Jun 7 with 5513 viewsTVOS1907

Corey O'Keeffe on 18:49 - Jun 7 by RAFCBLUE

https://stroudtimes.com/new-forest-green-boss-makes-his-first-signing-of-the-sum

Confirmed in The Stroud Times

And confirmed on the websites of the two clubs involved!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/june/coreyokeeffe_fgr/

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/okeeffe-makes-new-lawn-switch

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Corey O'Keeffe on 20:26 - Jun 7 with 5488 viewsRAFCBLUE

Corey O'Keeffe on 20:20 - Jun 7 by TVOS1907

And confirmed on the websites of the two clubs involved!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/june/coreyokeeffe_fgr/

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/okeeffe-makes-new-lawn-switch

I'm an avid reader of the Stroud Times I will have you know....!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Corey O'Keeffe on 23:30 - Jun 7 with 5061 viewsBrierls

I don’t think any of us expected COK to stay beyond his 6 month deal. It was a mutually beneficial deal that kept him in the shop window while also suiting Dale.

COK was simply superb during his loan spell. He didn’t get close to those heights in the second half of the season, but he still gave 100% and was one of our only attacking threats when played further up the field.

I wish him well, he’s got the ability to succeed in League One.
Corey O'Keeffe on 07:41 - Jun 8 with 4834 viewselectricblue

Like people have said it isnt a surprise on CK moving elsewhere many expect the same from O'Connell.

Im surprised that Peter Thomas as not signed but then again didnt he refuse a contract in January!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 10:28]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Corey O'Keeffe on 09:59 - Jun 8 with 4641 viewsAtThePeake

Whilst I also expected this, I'm still disappointed by it and disagree that there are ready-made replacements out there.

In terms of technical ability, I think he was probably among the top two or three right-backs/right wing-backs in the league last season. He wasn't particularly consistent after January, but that's maybe to be expected from a player who's endured a bit of a stop-start career and was playing in an underperforming side. And for what it's worth, although he definitely wasn't the same player in the second half of the season I don't think the drop-off in form was as dramatic as others seem to think.

While we might find someone who is more consistently a 6.5/10, I think we'd do very well to find a player with more ability and since Hill showed us it was possible, I'd always prefer to try and nurture the more talented player despite their drawbacks than go for the safer option personally. That said, good luck to Corey. He deserves to be playing in League One IMO.

Tangled up in blue.

Corey O'Keeffe on 10:22 - Jun 8 with 4580 viewsTipperaryDale

Burst onto the scene but faded somewhat... seems like he feels the defensive part of the game is just an annoyance to him and he would rather focus on being a winger. His best performances were when we had good possession and he could bomb up and down without thinking too much - unfortunately lacks discipline when we're under the cosh.

Think he's an asset in League Two - if playing 3-5-2 or similar. In a back four he's not reliable enough.

Good luck Corey!
Corey O'Keeffe on 17:35 - Jun 8 with 4176 viewsNewbury_Dale

Keohane to RWB next season then I guess
Corey O'Keeffe on 18:30 - Jun 8 with 4086 viewsboromat

Corey O'Keeffe on 09:59 - Jun 8 by AtThePeake

Whilst I also expected this, I'm still disappointed by it and disagree that there are ready-made replacements out there.

In terms of technical ability, I think he was probably among the top two or three right-backs/right wing-backs in the league last season. He wasn't particularly consistent after January, but that's maybe to be expected from a player who's endured a bit of a stop-start career and was playing in an underperforming side. And for what it's worth, although he definitely wasn't the same player in the second half of the season I don't think the drop-off in form was as dramatic as others seem to think.

While we might find someone who is more consistently a 6.5/10, I think we'd do very well to find a player with more ability and since Hill showed us it was possible, I'd always prefer to try and nurture the more talented player despite their drawbacks than go for the safer option personally. That said, good luck to Corey. He deserves to be playing in League One IMO.

I might be wrong but I think he already knew he was leaving at the end of the season and his head wasn't in it after a January where he and/or his agent had already tried to get a move somewhere else.

I should imagine it became apparent in January that the best offers were going to be available come the summer.

Up until January he was proving a point and putting himself in the shop window.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Corey O'Keeffe on 19:06 - Jun 8 with 4010 viewsdavidab2202

Corey O'Keeffe on 07:41 - Jun 8 by electricblue

Like people have said it isnt a surprise on CK moving elsewhere many expect the same from O'Connell.

Im surprised that Peter Thomas as not signed but then again didnt he refuse a contract in January!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2022 10:28]

I am in no way surprised that he hasn't signed---more the other way in that he having been made offers to sign a professional contract appears very much to be keeping his options open to look elsewhere but hopefully I will be proved wrong and shown to be just a cynical old man
Corey O'Keeffe on 20:00 - Jun 8 with 3878 viewsYadHoDale

Corey O'Keeffe on 19:06 - Jun 8 by davidab2202

I am in no way surprised that he hasn't signed---more the other way in that he having been made offers to sign a professional contract appears very much to be keeping his options open to look elsewhere but hopefully I will be proved wrong and shown to be just a cynical old man

It may be that Peter T is waiting for exam results - might have always wanted to be an archaeologist, doctor, or whatever and this may be an alternative to football for him if he gets good results.
Corey O'Keeffe on 20:35 - Jun 8 with 3815 viewsTVOS1907

Corey O'Keeffe on 17:35 - Jun 8 by Newbury_Dale

Keohane to RWB next season then I guess

Not necessarily. The manager may have other players lined up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Corey O'Keeffe on 10:39 - Jun 9 with 3471 viewsAtThePeake

Corey O'Keeffe on 18:30 - Jun 8 by boromat

I might be wrong but I think he already knew he was leaving at the end of the season and his head wasn't in it after a January where he and/or his agent had already tried to get a move somewhere else.

I should imagine it became apparent in January that the best offers were going to be available come the summer.

Up until January he was proving a point and putting himself in the shop window.

I think you're probably right, but I still think he was among our better players in the second half of the season even if his head wasn't in it.

Not that that was particularly difficult.

Tangled up in blue.

Corey O'Keeffe on 22:51 - Jun 11 with 2709 viewsjokerthief

Good luck Corey, you will not have to kneel this season Forest Green players do not kneel.
Corey O'Keeffe on 23:00 - Jun 11 with 2693 viewsBrierls

Corey O'Keeffe on 22:51 - Jun 11 by jokerthief

Good luck Corey, you will not have to kneel this season Forest Green players do not kneel.

You have to be a special kind of sad tw@t to even know that, let alone bring it up on a thread about a former fans favourite moving on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024