Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? 10:17 - Jun 9 with 2719 viewssaints__fan__73

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:02 - Jun 10 with 522 viewssledger

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 09:49 - Jun 10 by saints__fan__73

What do you mean by got away with? I guess you could say this in terms of making 10 changes and winning 3-1 but in terms of the game itself we weathered an early storm, went 1-0 up, they equalised, we scored again and after that the result never really looked in much doubt. If you think that was a win we 'got away with' I worry about how you must feel about 90% of our victories.

well 90% of our victories in the last 12 games wont take long to look at as the only one was arsenal and even you as an optimist surely can see how lucky that win was,we will agree to disagree on the west ham game,as a matter of interest if you were manager would you have made that many changes and having got through that game would you have left youre ist choice strikers on the bench in the city quarter final
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:07 - Jun 10 with 514 viewsBerber

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 11:32 - Jun 9 by MytchettSaint

I’ll repeat it again in the hope it might finally register to even someone with the most challenged of IQ levels…

No one is saying it’s all Ralph’s fault.

It does show, what a challenge he’s been up against financially.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:34]

But actually, a few on here ARE saying it is RHS fault. The board and the CEO seem to think it was the coaching staff’s fault. The playing staff appear to believe that nothing is wrong at all.
But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:20 - Jun 10 with 506 viewsSaintsforeverj

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:07 - Jun 10 by Berber

But actually, a few on here ARE saying it is RHS fault. The board and the CEO seem to think it was the coaching staff’s fault. The playing staff appear to believe that nothing is wrong at all.

The problem with this is that it is arguable that spending less than Burnley and any other team, has something to do with only finishing 15th. Some might say that's better than expected. Otherwise, we are expecting Ralph to literally perform miracles and produce a good team when literally every other team in the league has spent more?

None of us can be sure if it's Ralph's fault. He has made mistakes, every manager does but we don't know if our players are actually totally useless, and he got them up for 10 cup finals before Christmas and over performed. Another manager might have only won 5 points all season with such a terrible team. We don't know. It's arguable they perhaps arn't very good, because we bought them for next to nothing in PL terms.

What is clear to me, and surely everybody, that until we dam well invest in the squad and bring in some proper quality (a proper, experienced 30 million pound defender and a proven goal scorer etc), we won't get anywhere, whoever is manager. We need to look at root cause here. We don't invest in our team and haven't for years. So much so, we invest the least in the whole league!

Give Ralph some investment, and if we still mess up, then we can say it's his fault imo.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 12:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 411 viewsdwayne_dibley

But I thought it was all Ralph's fault? on 12:20 - Jun 10 by Saintsforeverj

The problem with this is that it is arguable that spending less than Burnley and any other team, has something to do with only finishing 15th. Some might say that's better than expected. Otherwise, we are expecting Ralph to literally perform miracles and produce a good team when literally every other team in the league has spent more?

None of us can be sure if it's Ralph's fault. He has made mistakes, every manager does but we don't know if our players are actually totally useless, and he got them up for 10 cup finals before Christmas and over performed. Another manager might have only won 5 points all season with such a terrible team. We don't know. It's arguable they perhaps arn't very good, because we bought them for next to nothing in PL terms.

What is clear to me, and surely everybody, that until we dam well invest in the squad and bring in some proper quality (a proper, experienced 30 million pound defender and a proven goal scorer etc), we won't get anywhere, whoever is manager. We need to look at root cause here. We don't invest in our team and haven't for years. So much so, we invest the least in the whole league!

Give Ralph some investment, and if we still mess up, then we can say it's his fault imo.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 12:24]

reality is that the funds are not available to invest. So ticking along trying to stay up is the only feasible business model available

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024