Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isle of Wight Festival 07:37 - Jun 14 with 3064 viewsPatfromPoole

Any Uglies going this week?

Hoping for fantastic weather, as we got last September.

Plenty of coverage on SKY Arts again for those who can’t make it to the island.

Looking forward to it.

I’m happy the likes of Kooks, Charlatans, Blossoms, Amazons, Snuts, Madness and Chic are on the bill.

Going to try and catch Kasabian, as have never seen them before but they always seem to go down well. As with Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Isle of Wight Festival on 10:55 - Jun 20 with 616 viewsPatfromPoole

Isle of Wight Festival on 09:26 - Jun 20 by SaintNick

I agree with Triple here, there are a lot of bands about but few push on to be truly big, even Lewis Capaldi has been knocking about for 8 years or so, I had to look this up and it seems he has only had 1 album out in his career that being 3 years ago in 2019.

I wouldn't recognise him if he sat next to me at St mary's.

Idles and Fontaines DC looked like they could become big in 2018, but four years later they haven't moved on, they are still a good live draw at festivals etc, but in the main they havent got past the 2,000 capacity provincial venue dates

I saw IDLES at Brixton Academy in January, one of four consecutive sold-out shows.

To their credit, they have not changed who they are, the music they play, or the fanbase they are looking to appeal to.

They are as popular as they would want to be, I suspect.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Isle of Wight Festival on 12:24 - Jun 20 with 543 viewsdirk_doone

Isle of Wight Festival on 10:23 - Jun 19 by Sadoldgit

Great line ups in those days. Did you see ELP?

Yes, we thought at the time it was their first public appearance but apparently they played a gig in Plymouth before the IOW.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 15:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Isle of Wight Festival on 14:02 - Jun 20 with 485 viewsSaintNick

Isle of Wight Festival on 10:55 - Jun 20 by PatfromPoole

I saw IDLES at Brixton Academy in January, one of four consecutive sold-out shows.

To their credit, they have not changed who they are, the music they play, or the fanbase they are looking to appeal to.

They are as popular as they would want to be, I suspect.

Idles did well to sell out four consecutive nights, that cannot be denied, but the gig scene has changed in London over the last decade or so, in the past bands would almost do a mini tour of London, play in Brixton, but also in the centre and perhaps West or North London, now they just seem to concentrate on one venue, usually Brixton academy.

Most bands seem to double or even treble their ability to sell out a venue in the provinces when they hit London

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Isle of Wight Festival on 21:34 - Jun 20 with 372 viewsSadoldgit

Isle of Wight Festival on 12:24 - Jun 20 by dirk_doone

Yes, we thought at the time it was their first public appearance but apparently they played a gig in Plymouth before the IOW.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 15:40]

Yes, they did a warm up show in Plymouth as you say. My cousin saw the IoW show and said they were great. Sadly I had to wait until 1972 until I saw them for the first time at the Hammersmith Odeon. The bill for the shows in 1970 was amazing. Gutted that I didn’t start going to gigs until late 1970.
Isle of Wight Festival on 22:25 - Jun 20 with 364 viewsSaintNick

Isle of Wight Festival on 21:34 - Jun 20 by Sadoldgit

Yes, they did a warm up show in Plymouth as you say. My cousin saw the IoW show and said they were great. Sadly I had to wait until 1972 until I saw them for the first time at the Hammersmith Odeon. The bill for the shows in 1970 was amazing. Gutted that I didn’t start going to gigs until late 1970.

I saw ELP play at St Mary's

Elyounoussi - Livramento & Prowse

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024