Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Pope 19:31 - Jun 22 with 764 viewskingslandstand1

This may be old news to some but reading today's paper I see Pope is going to Newcastle for £12m!

Ok, salary will have something to do with it, but surely we could have spent some dosh on a proven keeper rather than a should do well prospect keeper?
Nick Pope on 19:35 - Jun 22 with 728 viewsdirk_doone

And he's not even guaranteed a first team place there. They say he is going to have to compete with Dubravka.

Newcastle have been spending their money wisely and are going to be very strong this season.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Nick Pope on 19:43 - Jun 22 with 710 viewsSaintsforeverj

Pope won't provide a sell on value and other clubs pay more in wages. We are just stuck, like we are every season. We can't compete with other clubs, paying more for the established players. And, our buy young to make a profit policy, seems to be set in stone now. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced that having nearly all young players will work. It's a huge risk too, buying players, on the cheap, who haven't played PL football before. A 20 year old GK, 20 year old centre backs, I think it's a huge risk.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Nick Pope on 19:46 - Jun 22 with 702 viewsfelly1

He's 30, so no re-sale value for Saints.
Basically he's going to get a salary at Newcastle way over anything we could afford and the Geordie Sheikhs won't care about him being worthless in the transfer market in 4 years time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024