Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JB might not be great but !. 16:14 - Jun 24 with 2258 viewsGRIM

Jan Bednarek might not be the quickest or best defender in the Premiership but he's been the best defender at St Mary's for a couple of seasons.
He's also the most experienced & that's what we need big time.
But, he's obviously fallen out of love with the club so it's probably best for both parties if he moves on, we just need to make sure we don't sell him cheap, he's a regular in the Polish National side so he's worth a few bob (or is it €'s).
The worry is that Jack Stephen's moves up the pecking order, God forbid.
But we'll have to see how good the new lad is, what's his name Ketchup or something like that. He'll soon get nicknamed HP.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 17:55]
JB might not be great but !. on 09:46 - Jun 26 with 408 viewsSadoldgit

JB might not be great but !. on 23:41 - Jun 25 by A1079

Bednarek may not be great but equally he isn't the worst of our recent run of defenders and whilst I am not suggesting that is a reason to retain him I am not convinced we have remedied our defensive issues with our recent acquisition. I still believe we need an older wise experienced head in amongst our defensive line up though clearly that isn't going to happen.

Just one point though that no one has mentioned. For all Bednarek's faults, had he not score that goal against Arsenal at home we would have gone into the final weekend in a relegation battle which we may well have lost given our form at that time.

You could also argue that had he not been rinsed in several other games that led us to conceding goals we would have picked up more points. How many own goals has he scored? The guy sat out an important game because the manager deemed that he was more concerned about not getting injured for a Poland game. He has been ok for us but it is time for him to move on and we can replace him with someone better and also committed.
JB might be great but !. on 19:25 - Jun 26 with 326 viewsElijahK

JB might be great but !. on 08:29 - Jun 26 by TripleNiemi

Have to ask, it wasn't you and Cockle having a little 'tet ta tet' away at Brentford this year ? Remember seeing handbags drawn and just wondering......

Nah I was doing a final that day, so unfortunately couldn’t participate in any of that

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

JB might be great but !. on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 290 viewscocklebreath

JB might be great but !. on 08:29 - Jun 26 by TripleNiemi

Have to ask, it wasn't you and Cockle having a little 'tet ta tet' away at Brentford this year ? Remember seeing handbags drawn and just wondering......

Knocked him out sparko

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024