Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One For Solent Toffee 14:14 - Jun 27 with 733 viewsSaintNick

Pic of the old & new at Goodison Park

https://scontent.fbrs4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/290816520_1381878115648173_

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

One For Solent Toffee on 21:39 - Jun 27 with 540 viewssolent_toffee

That’s ace that cheers. Goodison looked massive back in the day, even the old park end used to have that weird semi circle thing going on.

Only two more seasons left there. It’s going to be very strange leaving.
One For Solent Toffee on 09:27 - Jun 28 with 457 viewsSaintNick

One For Solent Toffee on 21:39 - Jun 27 by solent_toffee

That’s ace that cheers. Goodison looked massive back in the day, even the old park end used to have that weird semi circle thing going on.

Only two more seasons left there. It’s going to be very strange leaving.

I found it a very interesting pic with the old & new, I must admit I never went to Goodison when the old stand was there, but I have seen pics and it had a massive standing section.

The strange thing about the old Goodison when they had the old semi circles was now tall the wall was at the front of the the Gwladys street, it was literally about 5ft tall, if you stood at the front it was literally just your head peeking over the top of it, kids couldnt stand at the front they couldnt see over.

It was lowered when they removed the semi circles around 1979/80 ish I think, those semi circles were put in in the early 60;s due to darts being thrown at opposition keepers

It will be strange leaving, but a little like Saints, you know that you can't expand Goodison too much with it being hemmed in on three sides, there is no choice other than moving so it will be easier to accept.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024