Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints 09:11 - Jun 28 with 880 viewsSaintNick

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 09:20 - Jun 28 with 850 viewsRon11

Like Walcott, he would just be going through the motions.
Saints need hungry players, not those well past their sell by date.
Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 09:25 - Jun 28 with 850 viewsSaintNick

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 09:20 - Jun 28 by Ron11

Like Walcott, he would just be going through the motions.
Saints need hungry players, not those well past their sell by date.

I see your point, but not every player goes through the motions, some still put in a shift

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 10:43 - Jun 28 with 799 viewsButty101

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 09:25 - Jun 28 by SaintNick

I see your point, but not every player goes through the motions, some still put in a shift

I would say yes, but its not a Saints type signing unless hes on a free

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 13:30 - Jun 28 with 653 viewsSadoldgit

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 10:43 - Jun 28 by Butty101

I would say yes, but its not a Saints type signing unless hes on a free

No. Poor record with injuries and we should be spending money on someone younger, fitter with potential to be even better.
Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 13:48 - Jun 28 with 643 viewsElijahK

Has everyone forgotten how Walcott turned out? As many people said very similar things regarding him, to how they’ve reacted to this, and look how much of a waste he was. Yet for Chamberlain, he’ll probably want just as much for wages, but we won’t be getting him for free, and would probably have to pay a hefty price for him.
And not only that, but is the one position where we don’t really need many more players, as defensive midfielder wise we’ve got Romeu and Diallo, and for box to box we’ve got JWP, Smallbone or pulling Armstrong to that role. So unless we’re gonna sell one of Prowse/Romeu or change our usual formation, then he won’t be playing much even if he is decent.
As this transfer is something that not only do we not need, but also something that will end up no different to how Walcott did, and many people will want him gone by the end of the season.

So u less we wanna end up with yet ANOTHER overpaid, old, overrated player that will spend most of his time here on the bench, then it’s certainly a no from me,

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 13:50 - Jun 28 with 641 viewsElijahK

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 09:25 - Jun 28 by SaintNick

You say that, but other than Vardy, I can’t recall many players whatsoever that have gotten better from the age of 28 onwards, compared to how they were before. And even then we don’t need this position sorting right now, so if we were to sign anyone, get someone for the future who can replace Prowse/Romeu when they get too old/may leave, not someone who will be retiring before ether of those two do

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Would You Want Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Back At Saints on 14:51 - Jun 28 with 584 viewsRon11

Well certainly Shane Long, when he gets on the pitch and Walcott did seem to try hard when he first got back here butjust seemed to give up when he realised he was bit off the pace - that's not suggesting he was going through the motions as I don't think he's that type of person.
I do think that the likes of Lallana, Van Dijk, Ings, and now Bednarek could all have been accused of 'going through the motions' when they sulkily wanted out which is a bit of a slur on their professionalism when you consider the amount of money they earn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024