Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£1.65 per share 08:13 - Jun 29 with 5653 viewsjudd

Picking up on RAFCBLUE's recent observation that given the nett worth of the football club in the last set of accounts made a share in RAFC worth £1.65, how on earth was £6.00 per new share ever arrived at?

Poll: What is it to be then?

£1.65 per share on 09:46 - Jun 29 with 4889 views49thseason

Divide the amount of money they needed to make disappear by the number of shares required to control the company? ...£1.8m / 300,000... it was a simple equation, if they got £2 -3m or more out of the foootball club, it would be explainable money if anyone wondered where it came from. And besides, people may have been more reluctant to part with their shares if they paid £2 for them and were only being offered £1.65
£1.65 per share on 09:47 - Jun 29 with 4880 viewsJames1980

Weren't some shares traded for even more than £6

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£1.65 per share on 10:17 - Jun 29 with 4786 viewsHullDale

I wonder if its similar to when debt management companies buy debt from the company to which it is actually owed.

Company A is owed £1000 by Mr B;

Debt Management Company C offers Company A £1500 for that debt;

Company C then chases Mr B for £2000.

Company C paid out more than the real value of the acquisition, knowing that through their later activities (eg. admin fees, cost to answer calls / emails, consultation fees, travel & accomodation fees etc) they could make additional money for themselves on top.

Either that, or the sellers / middle men misrepresented the value of the purchase to the buyers - in which case they are potentially in hot hot water.
£1.65 per share on 11:23 - Jun 29 with 4644 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 09:47 - Jun 29 by James1980

Weren't some shares traded for even more than £6

I am aware of an offer of £10 per share for c. 40,000, with a cash bonus for a quick completion.

£1.65 per share on 11:29 - Jun 29 with 4627 viewsRAFCBLUE

We have to remember that Bottomley was asked that very question at the EGM on 1 June 2021 and could not answer it and nor could anyone else.

If my aged memory serves correctly, that led to the challenge of whether the Board actually wanted a vote on the resolutions (as people in the room were saying they would vote against them) and from that Bottomley and the Board withdrew them.

I don't think there is any logic to £6, £5, £4, £10, £20 or any other fictional number.

The real numbers are these:
1) The accounts on 31 May 2021 (day before the 1 June 2021 EGM) show the net assets of the club are £1,501,843
2) Companies House shows there are 899,899 shares.
3) £1,501,843 divided by 899,899 shares is £1.66.

That above analysis assumes a few key things though:

4) The net assets can be sold. We know this isn't true as the club have disclosed that in 1987 a resolution was passed that says the ground can't be sold or mortgaged without 75% of shareholders agreeing and agreement from the council.
5) It assumes that now (June 2022) the net assets are still £1,501,843 which they may not be. If, for example the club had made a loss of £500,000 (as per Alexander Jarvis) then the net assets now would be £500,000 less - so £1,001,843 or £1.11 a share.

If Morton House did pay £6, £5, £4, £10, £20 then they were sold them by sellers who got a good deal as they are not worth anything anywhere near that.

Roger was a good salesman though. Just ask the folks at the Office of Fair Trading or Hasbro.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

£1.65 per share on 11:50 - Jun 29 with 4566 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 11:29 - Jun 29 by RAFCBLUE

We have to remember that Bottomley was asked that very question at the EGM on 1 June 2021 and could not answer it and nor could anyone else.

If my aged memory serves correctly, that led to the challenge of whether the Board actually wanted a vote on the resolutions (as people in the room were saying they would vote against them) and from that Bottomley and the Board withdrew them.

I don't think there is any logic to £6, £5, £4, £10, £20 or any other fictional number.

The real numbers are these:
1) The accounts on 31 May 2021 (day before the 1 June 2021 EGM) show the net assets of the club are £1,501,843
2) Companies House shows there are 899,899 shares.
3) £1,501,843 divided by 899,899 shares is £1.66.

That above analysis assumes a few key things though:

4) The net assets can be sold. We know this isn't true as the club have disclosed that in 1987 a resolution was passed that says the ground can't be sold or mortgaged without 75% of shareholders agreeing and agreement from the council.
5) It assumes that now (June 2022) the net assets are still £1,501,843 which they may not be. If, for example the club had made a loss of £500,000 (as per Alexander Jarvis) then the net assets now would be £500,000 less - so £1,001,843 or £1.11 a share.

If Morton House did pay £6, £5, £4, £10, £20 then they were sold them by sellers who got a good deal as they are not worth anything anywhere near that.

Roger was a good salesman though. Just ask the folks at the Office of Fair Trading or Hasbro.

He was, on several occasions, told to answer the actual question being asked rather than ramble on bullshitting.

He eventually would only direct answers via the Chair.

£1.65 per share on 12:36 - Jun 29 with 4436 viewsJames1980

£1.65 per share on 11:23 - Jun 29 by judd

I am aware of an offer of £10 per share for c. 40,000, with a cash bonus for a quick completion.

Now what is the ill gotten gains to clean money, via laundering exchange rate 🤔

£1.65 per share on 23:30 - Jun 29 with 4047 viewsRAFCBLUE

£1.65 per share on 11:50 - Jun 29 by judd

He was, on several occasions, told to answer the actual question being asked rather than ramble on bullshitting.

He eventually would only direct answers via the Chair.

The irony is, judd, Roger's biggest bit of b*llshiting actually whooshed Jarvo AND Charlton's best ever Chairman and has cost someone a lot of real money which has been siphoned into the universe never to be seen again.

Southall used to play in the big leagues - Villa, Charlton, Bolton and now he's resigned to playing with Dale for the rest of his life. In the grand scheme of the universe no one actually gives a sh*t about Southall and no one gives a monkeys about Dale so it's probably quite an even contest.

I wonder how Andrew Kilpatrick is? Rolling around in wad of cash would be my guess. The confirmation statement says he has 110,000 shares so at £1.65 a share that's £181,500 which is a lot of money.

You've have to have been senile to pay a penny more than £1.65 a share!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Login to get fewer ads

£1.65 per share on 00:10 - Jun 30 with 3971 viewsSandyman

"Caveat emptor, quia ignorare non debuit quod jus alienum emit"

'let the purchaser beware, for he ought not to be ignorant of the nature of the property which he is buying from another party'

There's some right fools about who didn't do the due diligence they claimed they had. Their fault.

Anyway, time for bobo's. easyJet to Rome soon
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 0:13]
£1.65 per share on 06:53 - Jun 30 with 3843 viewsfitzochris

I’ve said this before, I’m sure, but shares in Rochdale AFC were never about monetary value. They were about supporters owning a piece of the club and they were heirlooms to be passed from generation to generation. To anyone outside the club, with no emotional tie to it, they should be, in effect, worthless.

They are not a stock market plaything and never should be.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

£1.65 per share on 09:09 - Jun 30 with 3717 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 23:30 - Jun 29 by RAFCBLUE

The irony is, judd, Roger's biggest bit of b*llshiting actually whooshed Jarvo AND Charlton's best ever Chairman and has cost someone a lot of real money which has been siphoned into the universe never to be seen again.

Southall used to play in the big leagues - Villa, Charlton, Bolton and now he's resigned to playing with Dale for the rest of his life. In the grand scheme of the universe no one actually gives a sh*t about Southall and no one gives a monkeys about Dale so it's probably quite an even contest.

I wonder how Andrew Kilpatrick is? Rolling around in wad of cash would be my guess. The confirmation statement says he has 110,000 shares so at £1.65 a share that's £181,500 which is a lot of money.

You've have to have been senile to pay a penny more than £1.65 a share!

Oh he has a world class penchant for bullshitting.

Bullshitted his way onto the board
Bullshitted his way into paid employment
Bullshitted the Trust as to the scale of his involvement in the Hasbro illegal price fixing
Bullshitted about the Gala Dinner
Bullshitted about selling out the ground to Sunderland fans
Bullshitted throughout the pandemic
Bullshitted about the BBM contract extension
Bullshitted about Hendo
Bullshitted shareholders (or at least attempted to)
Bullshitted potential external investors
Bullshitted the RDA
Bullshitted about the law of the land
Bullshitted about the Speakmans
Bullshitted about being the most professional CE the council official had ever dealt with
Bullshitted about operating at elite levels
Bullshitted about relegation

I think his reign of terror at the club could be known as the Turd Reich.

£1.65 per share on 10:15 - Jun 30 with 3591 viewsDaleiLama

£1.65 per share on 09:09 - Jun 30 by judd

Bullshitted the Trust as to the scale of his involvement in the Hasbro illegal price fixing
Bullshitted about Hendo
Bullshitted the RDA
Bullshitted about being the most professional CE the council official had ever dealt with

He's certainly made a lot of people fuhrious!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£1.65 per share on 15:50 - Jun 30 with 3360 viewsRAFCBLUE

£1.65 per share on 09:09 - Jun 30 by judd

Bullshitted about Hendo
Bullshitted the RDA

All the more impressive that Roger managed to b*llshit Morton House / Curran / Jarvis / Southall / Someone else into parting with actually money.

We all saw through it whilst he was here and the Supporters Trust called it out with a motion to vote him off the Board.

How did they not have the ability to see through him?

£1.65 per share on 15:54 - Jun 30 with 3346 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 15:50 - Jun 30 by RAFCBLUE

All the more impressive that Roger managed to b*llshit Morton House / Curran / Jarvis / Southall / Someone else into parting with actually money.

We all saw through it whilst he was here and the Supporters Trust called it out with a motion to vote him off the Board.

How did they not have the ability to see through him?

I dunno, RAFCBLUE.

There are some, still, who see it as a personal vendetta not based on any evidence of wrong-doing or incompetence or personal greed or rampant narcissism.

I briefly met Mr Curran before the Swindon game when he made a beeline for the protestors to ask why we were revolting and he laughed when he was told that Bottomley is a tvvat.

£1.65 per share on 17:45 - Jun 30 with 3192 viewsJames1980

£1.65 per share on 15:54 - Jun 30 by judd

I dunno, RAFCBLUE.

There are some, still, who see it as a personal vendetta not based on any evidence of wrong-doing or incompetence or personal greed or rampant narcissism.

I briefly met Mr Curran before the Swindon game when he made a beeline for the protestors to ask why we were revolting and he laughed when he was told that Bottomley is a tvvat.

There is a thread started very soon after he joined the board, that was bumped a year or so ago. It appeared Roger divided opinion even back then.

£1.65 per share on 17:55 - Jun 30 with 3151 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 17:45 - Jun 30 by James1980

There is a thread started very soon after he joined the board, that was bumped a year or so ago. It appeared Roger divided opinion even back then.

I think it may have been after he wrangled his way into James Mason's job.

£1.65 per share on 18:04 - Jun 30 with 3121 viewsJames1980

£1.65 per share on 17:55 - Jun 30 by judd

The thread I mention was in conjunction with a forum/AGM/EGM. It definitely seemed to be introducing 'The Lifelong Supporter' for the first time. First few posts didn't mention him by name. DRB is quoted as saying 'I've waited X years to get here'

£1.65 per share on 18:09 - Jun 30 with 3115 viewsDaleiLama

£1.65 per share on 17:55 - Jun 30 by judd

It's difficult (at least for me) to look back at then and compare it to now, then wish history took a different path (a la Sliding Doors type of malarkey).

I think James Mason was a really good appointment at the time, but if losing him was the price to pay for being where we are now, safe from predation (assuming MH are sent packing as they deserve to be), fan owned, debt-free, hopefully profitable going forward and in charge of our own destiny, then we absolutely followed the right path.

#upthedalenotforsale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£1.65 per share on 18:10 - Jun 30 with 3114 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 18:04 - Jun 30 by James1980

The thread I mention was in conjunction with a forum/AGM/EGM. It definitely seemed to be introducing 'The Lifelong Supporter' for the first time. First few posts didn't mention him by name. DRB is quoted as saying 'I've waited X years to get here'

Yes, remember the big love in now.

£1.65 per share on 23:26 - Jul 7 with 2257 viewsRAFCBLUE

£1.65 per share on 18:10 - Jun 30 by judd

Yes, remember the big love in now.

Is it still on here? I couldn't find it.

£1.65 per share on 12:14 - Jul 8 with 1901 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 23:26 - Jul 7 by RAFCBLUE

I'll try to find it later

£1.65 per share on 17:01 - Jul 8 with 1741 viewsjudd

£1.65 per share on 23:26 - Jul 7 by RAFCBLUE

Don't know if the link is the exact thread as referred to but it gives a flavour:
(Thanks to Detective Inspector Chaff)

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/149932/new-director/#23

£1.65 per share on 17:47 - Jul 8 with 1652 viewsboromat

£1.65 per share on 17:01 - Jul 8 by judd

Don't know if the link is the exact thread as referred to but it gives a flavour:
(Thanks to Detective Inspector Chaff)

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/149932/new-director/#23

In hindsight aye.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

£1.65 per share on 17:59 - Jul 8 with 1632 viewsHullDale

Bloody hell - that makes for grim reading with hindsight.

Just goes to show how people were conned by the guy. The question is, was he always a wrong'un? Did he see an opportunity and become a wrong'un? Or did the Morton House lot have something on him and force him to turn into a wrong'un?
£1.65 per share on 18:03 - Jul 8 with 1627 viewsEllDale

I don’t think the MH mob turned him into a wrong ‘un.
From what I can gather he was always going to feather his own nest. I’m not even sure that they were first choice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024