Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chester FC (a) Match Thread 09:34 - Jul 8 with 13129 viewsHullDale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:14 - Jul 11 with 2361 viewsAtThePeake

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 10:34 - Jul 11 by BucketBstard

Sorry RS isnt instilling me with confidence.
Leon Clarke is well past it, poor return in recent years and as for Rodney wow he makes Calvin Andrew's goal tally look like Ronaldo's .
I really hope I'm wrong , the Morecambe guy looked ok in midfield against a very poor team down below the league pyramid somewhat.
I know its only pre-season and I hope I'm wrong.
They will need time to get up to speed, you never know they might all gel.

Rodney has 32 career goals in 164 appearances.

Before he signed for Dale, Ian Henderson had 32 career goals - in 250 appearances!

Different players can flourish in different conditions.

Mind you, I wouldn't be all that surprised if you thought Henderson was crap as well.

Tangled up in blue.

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:16 - Jul 11 with 2335 viewsTVOS1907

Leon Clarke is well past it, poor return in recent years and as for Rodney wow he makes Calvin Andrew's goal tally look like Ronaldo's .
I really hope I'm wrong , the Morecambe guy looked ok in midfield against a very poor team down below the league pyramid somewhat.

You weren't actually there, were you?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:27 - Jul 11 with 2288 viewsTVOS1907

Sorry if I've missed your previous answers to this, but which players, based on our budgetary restrictions, should we be looking to sign?

Again, apologies if I've missed your responses every time I've asked you this before.

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:42 - Jul 11 with 2231 viewselectricblue

Speaking of players RS said that he was asking two of the trialists back who played at Chester......

Any guesses which 2..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 16:18 - Jul 11 with 2140 viewsCedar_Room

I thought it was a good run out and the new signings looked fairly decent making me think we’d done good bits of business so far this summer. Diagouraga looks a decent player to me with exactly the sort of qualities of a battling defensive midfield player we’ve been needing for a few seasons now. Second half was definitely more energetic and I’d be interested to see who from each half would be in Stockdales first starting XI. Actually feeling cautiously optimistic for next season. We all saw last season that the quality in this league isn’t great so I don’t think you need a team of world beaters to mount a realistic play off challenge - just a lot more consistency than we showed last season.
PS I quite like the new away kit but seeing several fans in the old green with black stripes kit made me think this yellow one is definitely not going to be replicated in 20 years time as a classic. Unless of course it ends up being from a promotion season…..
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Jul 11 with 1989 viewsBlueMessiah

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:27 - Jul 11 by TVOS1907

Sorry if I've missed your previous answers to this, but which players, based on our budgetary restrictions, should we be looking to sign?

Again, apologies if I've missed your responses every time I've asked you this before.

Why do you keep biting? For years now you've been commenting on probably every single one of his posts (whether it was WarrBlue, Dale Mong Spotter, DMS, ParkinsGimp, BucketBastrd or whatever)
Surely by now you know the score?

Poll: Do I Know You?

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 17:55 - Jul 11 with 1909 viewsTVOS1907

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Jul 11 by BlueMessiah

Why do you keep biting? For years now you've been commenting on probably every single one of his posts (whether it was WarrBlue, Dale Mong Spotter, DMS, ParkinsGimp, BucketBastrd or whatever)

Hardly biting. Just giving him chance to back up what he's saying in a very straight-batted way.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 17:57]

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 18:13 - Jul 11 with 1848 viewsJames1980

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 17:22 - Jul 11 by BlueMessiah

Must be due a forum handle change.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Jul 11 with 1777 viewsNorthernDale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:14 - Jul 11 by AtThePeake

Rodney has 32 career goals in 164 appearances.

Before he signed for Dale, Ian Henderson had 32 career goals - in 250 appearances!

Different players can flourish in different conditions.

Mind you, I wouldn't be all that surprised if you thought Henderson was crap as well.

Of those 164 appearances and 32 goals, 75 of the appearances was in the EFL and he scored 14 goals (11 in one season, having made 40 appearances that season), so in the other 35 EFL appearances, he has scored just 3 goals. So Henderson record is far better.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 19:54 - Jul 11 with 1639 viewsTVOS1907

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Jul 11 by NorthernDale

Of those 164 appearances and 32 goals, 75 of the appearances was in the EFL and he scored 14 goals (11 in one season, having made 40 appearances that season), so in the other 35 EFL appearances, he has scored just 3 goals. So Henderson record is far better.

I think ATP was trying to make the point that prior records don't always tell the full story.

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 09:27 - Jul 12 with 1331 viewsAtThePeake

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Jul 11 by NorthernDale

As TVOS said, I was only trying to point out that records previous to joining Dale aren't always relevant when it comes to how someone will perform for Dale.

However, I'm not sure why you've decided that Rodney's most prolific season should be left out of the comparison. You could do the same with Henderson and take his 10 goals in 37 appearances out in 10/11 and you're left with a goals to game ratio that's quite similar to Rodney's. Henderson's would still be better, yes, but certainly not far better and would be less than one goal every 10 games.

But again, why you'd leave out the most prolific season as if it somehow doesn't count I'm not sure!

Tangled up in blue.

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 11:07 - Jul 12 with 1157 viewsseasidedale

One player who won’t be returning is Joe Rafferty he has signed a 2 year deal with Portsmouth
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 11:55 - Jul 12 with 1050 viewsfitzochris

I think you need to also look at the fact the youth team squad was out of the country at the time, so there was a greater need to have bodies in from elsewhere for a game where rotation was key.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024