Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mordaunt 08:50 - Jul 12 with 8268 viewsPatfromPoole

From Torquay, so not really a Skate.

I think if she keeps things low-key, and just lets the others’ indiscretions over the years come to light, she could be home and hosed.

I think she might be the Tories’ only hope of winning in 2024.

Starmer would be better off against Sunak or Truss, I suspect.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Mordaunt on 16:01 - Jul 14 with 2234 viewsPatfromPoole

If Mordaunt can do a deal with Badenoch, she could get the 120 that gets her into the final 2…..

Mordaunt on 18:49 - Jul 14 with 2137 viewsJellybaby

Mordaunt on 15:49 - Jul 14 by Berber

Fork me, you have no idea what out of control interest rates are if you are using the current situation as justification for “out of control.” Those of us faced with 18% mortgage rates and out of control wage inflation in the past can assure you that if you think this is out of control, you are truly ignorant on these matters.

Berber, I was talking worldwide, but I don't think you can do an exact comparison with yesteryear anyway. Inflation would have been a better example, which in Turkey and Srilanka for example are running at over 50 percent- you can put your head in the sand, but these are strange days and only WEF have the answers.....

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mordaunt on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 2094 viewsSadoldgit

I think you are right. I think she would provide tougher opposition to Starmer than the other two but he will face more problems from the far left of his own party who give the impression that they would rather the Tories win the next election than Labour under a centrist. Baring a miracle though I think the Tories are toast in the next election and if Starmer can keep the left in check and come up with solid plans to deal with the financial crisis I can see him as the next PM in a coalition with the LibDems.
Mordaunt on 22:03 - Jul 14 with 2044 viewsBazza

Mordaunt on 20:03 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

I think you are right. I think she would provide tougher opposition to Starmer than the other two but he will face more problems from the far left of his own party who give the impression that they would rather the Tories win the next election than Labour under a centrist. Baring a miracle though I think the Tories are toast in the next election and if Starmer can keep the left in check and come up with solid plans to deal with the financial crisis I can see him as the next PM in a coalition with the LibDems.

You’ve drifted off topic. Some imagination to think there would be a Starmer/Davey dream ticket. What have you been drinking?
Mordaunt on 23:27 - Jul 14 with 2010 viewsSadoldgit

Mordaunt on 22:03 - Jul 14 by Bazza

You’ve drifted off topic. Some imagination to think there would be a Starmer/Davey dream ticket. What have you been drinking?

I wouldn’t call it a dream ticket but I think it would be the best for the country of the choices available. As someone who has mostly voted LibDem I’m no fan of Davey but I do think that this coalition would provide the millions of us who have been shafted for the last 12 years the best chance of getting back on our feet. There are a lot of Tories who are disillusioned by Johnson’s government but won’t go to Labour so will end up voting LibDem. I don’t see Labour getting enough seats to form a government on their own. I could be wrong given the mess we are in but we are in for a bumpy two years until we get to throw this lot out which is the most important thing.
Mordaunt on 23:44 - Jul 14 with 2004 viewsSadoldgit

Looking at the front pages tomorrow and the knives are out in the right wing press for Penny Mordaunt. They seem to prefer Truss who surely is electoral suicide for the Tories?
Mordaunt on 01:34 - Jul 15 with 1983 views1885_SFC

#pennyfortheguys

Old School is Cool

Mordaunt on 09:30 - Jul 15 with 1900 viewsBerber

Mordaunt on 23:44 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Looking at the front pages tomorrow and the knives are out in the right wing press for Penny Mordaunt. They seem to prefer Truss who surely is electoral suicide for the Tories?

I am not a Guardian reader, but my wife is, and she made me read the hilarious report on the Truss launch speech fiasco.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/14/lost-to-spam-truss-had-only-one
Login to get fewer ads

Mordaunt on 09:41 - Jul 15 with 1901 viewsBazza

Mordaunt on 23:44 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

I think the Tories need a big change from the Oxbridge mafia and voters in general seem to want a change from the self seeking evasiveness of politicians from all major parties. Truss is a weak Thatcher recreation and Sunak will always struggle to win working class voters. Kemi and Morduant are both smart ladies who went to ‘ordinary’ universities and are impressive, thoughtful speakers but the old Tory was MPs won’t give them a chance. So likely to be Truss and Sunak who will struggle in the next General Election.
Mordaunt on 09:57 - Jul 15 with 1890 viewsPatfromPoole

Mordaunt on 09:41 - Jul 15 by Bazza

I think the Tories need a big change from the Oxbridge mafia and voters in general seem to want a change from the self seeking evasiveness of politicians from all major parties. Truss is a weak Thatcher recreation and Sunak will always struggle to win working class voters. Kemi and Morduant are both smart ladies who went to ‘ordinary’ universities and are impressive, thoughtful speakers but the old Tory was MPs won’t give them a chance. So likely to be Truss and Sunak who will struggle in the next General Election.

Leaders’ debate on Channel 4 at 7.30pm tonight could be an interesting watch.

I suspect Tugendhat will do very well.

Hopefully they won’t just shout over each other and turn it into a farce.

Mordaunt on 10:10 - Jul 15 with 1884 viewsDorsetIan

Mordaunt on 09:41 - Jul 15 by Bazza

I’m not so pessimistic Bazza.

Both Sunak (wet as a fish) and Truss (wooden as a tree) come across really badly when they speak. Badenoch particularly is bright and direct, and Mourdant also not a complete weirdo.

The reason we’re having this contest is because MPs fear for their seats. I think they will back whomever they thing has electoral pull.

There are also signs today that they don’t like the likes of the ERG, Daily Mail and Lord Frost telling them who to vote for. These headbangers have perhaps done enough damage.

TV debates could be a real game-changer.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Mordaunt on 10:33 - Jul 15 with 1874 viewsdwayne_dibley

Mordaunt on 10:10 - Jul 15 by DorsetIan

I’m not so pessimistic Bazza.

Both Sunak (wet as a fish) and Truss (wooden as a tree) come across really badly when they speak. Badenoch particularly is bright and direct, and Mourdant also not a complete weirdo.

The reason we’re having this contest is because MPs fear for their seats. I think they will back whomever they thing has electoral pull.

There are also signs today that they don’t like the likes of the ERG, Daily Mail and Lord Frost telling them who to vote for. These headbangers have perhaps done enough damage.

TV debates could be a real game-changer.

Has Putin been invited to speak?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Mordaunt on 11:13 - Jul 15 with 1835 viewsBuggalugs

Mordaunt on 10:33 - Jul 15 by dwayne_dibley

Has Putin been invited to speak?

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Zelensky pop up with a cameo.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Mordaunt on 12:51 - Jul 15 with 1774 viewsJellybaby

Mordaunt on 11:13 - Jul 15 by Buggalugs

Well this is The U.Kray!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mordaunt on 14:14 - Jul 15 with 1742 viewsPatfromPoole

Mordaunt on 11:13 - Jul 15 by Buggalugs

If only he could have stood in the election……

Mordaunt on 14:25 - Jul 15 with 1725 viewsDorsetIan

Mordaunt on 14:14 - Jul 15 by PatfromPoole

If only he could have stood in the election……

Come off it. He's just applied to join the EU! His feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

Mordaunt on 14:27 - Jul 15 with 1725 viewsJellybaby

It seems like the WEF are doing a bit of spring cleaning - Boris being ousted, quickly followed by Sri lankan president, followed by Italian prime minister, followed by Estonian prime minister now, who's next Spain, Iran? Crisis, what crisis?

Mordaunt on 14:30 - Jul 15 with 1722 viewsPatfromPoole

Penny Mordaunt having Zelensky supporting her via video link at one of her press conferences would be a “wow” moment to rival McMenemy parading Keegan at a press conference, I guess…..

Mordaunt on 15:00 - Jul 15 with 1707 viewsDorsetIan

Mordaunt on 14:27 - Jul 15 by Jellybaby

It seems like the WEF are doing a bit of spring cleaning - Boris being ousted, quickly followed by Sri lankan president, followed by Italian prime minister, followed by Estonian prime minister now, who's next Spain, Iran? Crisis, what crisis?

The big question, Jelly, is why have the WEF not ousted you yet??

As an omniscient, omnipotent world elite, they could swat you like a mosquito, so why do they leave you in place to undermine their plans?

What role do you play in their grand plan of world domination?

It's worth you having a critical think about it, wouldn't you say?

Mordaunt on 17:01 - Jul 15 with 1668 viewsJellybaby

Mordaunt on 15:00 - Jul 15 by DorsetIan

The big question, Jelly, is why have the WEF not ousted you yet??

As an omniscient, omnipotent world elite, they could swat you like a mosquito, so why do they leave you in place to undermine their plans?

What role do you play in their grand plan of world domination?

It's worth you having a critical think about it, wouldn't you say?

Ian, that is an outrageous accusation that those lovely global elites would take people out - you will be suggesting that the recently assassinated ex Japanese Prime Minister was taken out because he would not mandate covid vaccines and gave citizens ivermectin instead next and then you may make outlandish suggestions that the 5 African leaders from Haiti, tanzania, Ivory Coast, Burudi and Eswatini , who didn't want to impose covid restrictions were taken out as well. How could you think such things of these power crazed megalomaniacs?!

Mordaunt on 17:34 - Jul 15 with 1656 viewsDorsetIan

Mordaunt on 17:01 - Jul 15 by Jellybaby

Ian, that is an outrageous accusation that those lovely global elites would take people out - you will be suggesting that the recently assassinated ex Japanese Prime Minister was taken out because he would not mandate covid vaccines and gave citizens ivermectin instead next and then you may make outlandish suggestions that the 5 African leaders from Haiti, tanzania, Ivory Coast, Burudi and Eswatini , who didn't want to impose covid restrictions were taken out as well. How could you think such things of these power crazed megalomaniacs?!

You suggested they were ousting people. Why don’t they oust you?

Mordaunt on 17:45 - Jul 15 with 1637 viewsSadoldgit

Do we need to worry about Penny Mordaunt being “taken out?”
(Just to get back on topic)
Mordaunt on 23:58 - Jul 15 with 1556 viewsSadoldgit

The Mail is having another dig at Mordaunt tomorrow. Probably a very good reason for her to be next PM.
Mordaunt on 04:46 - Jul 16 with 1536 viewsJellybaby

Mordaunt on 17:45 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

Do we need to worry about Penny Mordaunt being “taken out?”
(Just to get back on topic)

Penny will be fine.......so long as she sticks to the script like the A star pupils of Davos; Trudeau and Jacinda.

Mordaunt on 10:58 - Jul 18 with 1326 viewsPatfromPoole

Mmmmmm……..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024