Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 4/8 announced 15:05 - Jul 21 with 12848 viewsDaleiLama

[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:52]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 12:43 - Aug 5 with 2949 viewsJames1980

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 12:18 - Aug 5 by judd

Yes, on the basis that the manager went on first and left early, and the board were unable to comment on on-going legal issues/EFL disciplinary.
There was an excellent illustration of just what is involved in staging an event at Spotland, including lessons learned from the cancelled Queen tribute drugfest.
Other topics included safety of exit from Sandy, lack of tannoy in Sandy (tested before matchday and was working), disabled accommodation, youth and women's football, infrastructure improvement, how the boards tasks are structured, can't remember owt else.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 12:18]

Although they couldn't say anything did the board seem confident or concerned about the court case?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 2799 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 12:43 - Aug 5 by James1980

Although they couldn't say anything did the board seem confident or concerned about the court case?

Can't say

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 13:53 - Aug 5 with 2639 viewsTVOS1907

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 12:18 - Aug 5 by judd

Yes, on the basis that the manager went on first and left early, and the board were unable to comment on on-going legal issues/EFL disciplinary.
There was an excellent illustration of just what is involved in staging an event at Spotland, including lessons learned from the cancelled Queen tribute drugfest.
Other topics included safety of exit from Sandy, lack of tannoy in Sandy (tested before matchday and was working), disabled accommodation, youth and women's football, infrastructure improvement, how the boards tasks are structured, can't remember owt else.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 12:18]

Bottle tops

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 2624 viewsAtThePeake

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 10:40 - Aug 5 by golfaduffy

I met Three Lions a while back. Big Rugby League fan (Mayfield I think) as well as supporting the local criket team, so fair play to him.

I'm sure the new Board of the football club said that the big loser in this was the town of Rochdale which is exactly what I and others said. it is a crying shame that Roger never bothered to draw up a heads of agreement, because if he ad then both codes would have made money from an event that put the town on the map.

Ultimatly it's yet another example of how utterly out of his depth he was as a CEO.

Not sure I agree there golfaduffy.

Talks have occurred since DB's departure but Hornets' proposed terms were not acceptable to RAFC. It sounded to me like if an agreement had been drawn up between the two clubs then the terms would have not been favourable to the football club, if those proposed terms had been verbally agreed to beforehand.

Maybe this time, for a change, we've dodged a bullet due to his incompetence in failing to draw up that agreement.

Tangled up in blue.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 14:00 - Aug 5 with 2615 viewsJames1980

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 13:11 - Aug 5 by judd

Can't say

Understood

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 14:01 - Aug 5 with 2599 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 13:59 - Aug 5 by AtThePeake

Not sure I agree there golfaduffy.

Talks have occurred since DB's departure but Hornets' proposed terms were not acceptable to RAFC. It sounded to me like if an agreement had been drawn up between the two clubs then the terms would have not been favourable to the football club, if those proposed terms had been verbally agreed to beforehand.

Maybe this time, for a change, we've dodged a bullet due to his incompetence in failing to draw up that agreement.

Probably dodged a financial bullet but we've suffered drom reputational damage.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 14:11 - Aug 5 with 2568 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 14:00 - Aug 5 by James1980

Understood

😀 the Chairman was confident that we had a strong case re unfair prejudice petition, was optimistic that the EFL will serve up headlines and then chapter and verse on the individuals involved and the case against the former director and employee could not be commented upon.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 14:11 - Aug 5 with 2552 viewsD_Alien

It's a shame very simple terms couldn't have been agreed along the lines of:

1) Hornets fund the cost of staging the fixture, and keep the takings through the turnstiles. It would've been up to them to advertise the fixture and set the entry fees, but there's a pretty fair chance they've have made a profit on the night

2) Dale keep any profits from takings over the bars and kiosks, having bought the drinks and eats as they would for a football fixture based on the numbers likely to attend

No costs incurred by Dale, only profit, and a great deal of good will

Almost certainly no costs incurred overall by Hornets, but a great deal of kudos

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:01 - Aug 5 with 2384 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 14:11 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

It's a shame very simple terms couldn't have been agreed along the lines of:

1) Hornets fund the cost of staging the fixture, and keep the takings through the turnstiles. It would've been up to them to advertise the fixture and set the entry fees, but there's a pretty fair chance they've have made a profit on the night

2) Dale keep any profits from takings over the bars and kiosks, having bought the drinks and eats as they would for a football fixture based on the numbers likely to attend

No costs incurred by Dale, only profit, and a great deal of good will

Almost certainly no costs incurred overall by Hornets, but a great deal of kudos

The presentation went into quite some detail regarding the requirements of the ground safety certificate and associated costs before and after the event.
I think it was said that the Hornets proposal would have cost Dale £100k.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:27 - Aug 5 with 2265 viewsD_Alien

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:01 - Aug 5 by judd

The presentation went into quite some detail regarding the requirements of the ground safety certificate and associated costs before and after the event.

Ah, fair enough. Unfortunately i couldn't be there, but at least we now know

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:37 - Aug 5 with 2234 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:27 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

It was also noted that the club had offered in March 2022 a 75%/25% gate split in favour of Rochdale Hornets after costs which would have seen them take the majority of the revenue from the event.

And the former CEO was planning for a crowd of 10,000.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:37 - Aug 5 with 2234 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:27 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

Also from memory the Dale proposal did ask for rental of the stadium and a number of costs to be underwritten - stadium cleaning, potch repair etc., but think the revenue split was calculated at 75:25 Hornets: Dale.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:03 - Aug 5 with 2121 viewsJames1980

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:37 - Aug 5 by judd

Also from memory the Dale proposal did ask for rental of the stadium and a number of costs to be underwritten - stadium cleaning, potch repair etc., but think the revenue split was calculated at 75:25 Hornets: Dale.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/events/66668/events-in-rochdale/postponed-inter

With tickets priced at £5 - £50 so £1.25 - £12.5 for each ticket into the football clubs pocket. It would be good to know of the tickets which had been sold the proportion in each price category.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:09 - Aug 5 with 2102 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:03 - Aug 5 by James1980

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/events/66668/events-in-rochdale/postponed-inter

With tickets priced at £5 - £50 so £1.25 - £12.5 for each ticket into the football clubs pocket. It would be good to know of the tickets which had been sold the proportion in each price category.

Rochdale Hornets did not accept those terms James and with no game no one made any income.

It was noted at the fans forum there were no winners from the outcome of the moved game but that the lack of contract under the previous CEO from 2021 (when the game was announced and should have been played) and subsequent legal action taken by Rochdale Hornets against the club were the key reasons why no agreement was reached.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 2044 viewsJames1980

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:09 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

Rochdale Hornets did not accept those terms James and with no game no one made any income.

It was noted at the fans forum there were no winners from the outcome of the moved game but that the lack of contract under the previous CEO from 2021 (when the game was announced and should have been played) and subsequent legal action taken by Rochdale Hornets against the club were the key reasons why no agreement was reached.

Apologies RB, thought that tickets had been sold for the 'original' fixture and that incorrectly RH thought it was going to go ahead at The COA at an alternative date and those tickets would be valid for that fixture.

Looking at the RL site for tickets being sold for the revised fixture, considering the most expensive ticket currently for sale (excluding hospitality) is £25. It makes me wonder where the £50 tickets mentioned in the article linked in my previous post were going to be for, I assume hospitality.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:33 - Aug 5 with 1999 viewsBluebottle

Just a thought. I wonder how many tickets had been bought and paid for, for the original game?
Had that money been securely deposited in a separate account or had it been amalgamated into RH general account?
Had any of that money been spent maybe on attracting high profile players to the club?
I note that one of the press releases fro RH states that the RFL have agreed that any money RH have already taken for tickets that is not requested as a refund by customers may be kept by RH for 'hosting Fuji'if I understand correctly.
Seems quite generous.
One thing I can't get my head round though is why did the RFL seemingly sub contract out ground arrangement for a high profile International friendly to one of their lower League teams? It all seems very amateurish.
Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:42 - Aug 5 with 1944 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:33 - Aug 5 by Bluebottle

Just a thought. I wonder how many tickets had been bought and paid for, for the original game?
Had that money been securely deposited in a separate account or had it been amalgamated into RH general account?
Had any of that money been spent maybe on attracting high profile players to the club?
I note that one of the press releases fro RH states that the RFL have agreed that any money RH have already taken for tickets that is not requested as a refund by customers may be kept by RH for 'hosting Fuji'if I understand correctly.
Seems quite generous.
One thing I can't get my head round though is why did the RFL seemingly sub contract out ground arrangement for a high profile International friendly to one of their lower League teams? It all seems very amateurish.

Because of the Rochdale connection with Fiji

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 1896 viewsBluebottle

Totally get that, but it seems a very peculiar state of affairs that a lower League club was given total control of arrangements for a International, likely to attract around 8000 plus supporters by the Sports governing body, especially when the fixture was to be held at a ground not owned by them.
I'm sure the FA have considerable input when England play their friendlies away from Wembley.
I just cannot get my head around the RFL saying to Hornets, go on lads, sort it out, make whatever money you can out of it, we will just sit here and watch you get on with it.
Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:07 - Aug 5 with 1836 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:57 - Aug 5 by Bluebottle

Totally get that, but it seems a very peculiar state of affairs that a lower League club was given total control of arrangements for a International, likely to attract around 8000 plus supporters by the Sports governing body, especially when the fixture was to be held at a ground not owned by them.
I'm sure the FA have considerable input when England play their friendlies away from Wembley.
I just cannot get my head around the RFL saying to Hornets, go on lads, sort it out, make whatever money you can out of it, we will just sit here and watch you get on with it.

A world cup game was successfully hosted in 2013.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:39 - Aug 5 with 1742 viewsJames1980

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 15:01 - Aug 5 by judd

So for Dale to breakeven based on that through a 25% share of ticket sales. Had 10000 been sold we need to average £10 from each ticket which would have meant an average ticket price of £40 each. Starting to see how it doesn't add up financially from the football clubs POV.

So if the average was a more realistic £20 that would have meant 10000 tickets sold providing Rochdale AFC £50000 a £50000 shortfall to be made up from profit from food and drinks sales. The one figure I have not considered is goodwill though.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:51 - Aug 5 with 1700 viewsDalenet

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:39 - Aug 5 by James1980

So for Dale to breakeven based on that through a 25% share of ticket sales. Had 10000 been sold we need to average £10 from each ticket which would have meant an average ticket price of £40 each. Starting to see how it doesn't add up financially from the football clubs POV.

So if the average was a more realistic £20 that would have meant 10000 tickets sold providing Rochdale AFC £50000 a £50000 shortfall to be made up from profit from food and drinks sales. The one figure I have not considered is goodwill though.

20% of ticket value is VAT James. The income would be less
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 17:57]
Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:57 - Aug 5 with 1680 viewsjudd

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:39 - Aug 5 by James1980

Stadium safety certificate limited capacity to 8,500 I think it was said last night.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 18:02 - Aug 5 with 1637 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 16:57 - Aug 5 by Bluebottle

Here's the bit that I don't understand.

On 10th March 2021 when the top secret BBM contract extension became a reality thanks to Graham Rawlinson forgetting where he was and that he was live on the internet, we had over 2 hours of the CEO on a web broadcast fans forum and guess what - not one mention of a high profile international rugby league game or any angst with the relationship with Rochdale Hornets.

Hornets announced the game in April 2021
https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/807/rochdale-hornets-to-host-englan
"ROCHDALE Hornets is thrilled to announce that the club will host England v Fiji at the Crown Oil Arena

At the time, we know now that Roger was running around doing all sorts of things ahead of an EGM attempt to issue blindly shares to Martin Halsall and save his own skin when the Supporters Trust proposed he be voted off the Board.

On 30th April 2021 our former CEO gave this 10 minute address quoting "the law of the land":

Guess what - not one mention of a high profile international rugby league game in that 10 minute video or any angst with the relationship with Rochdale Hornets.

Search the official site and guess what - not one mention of a high profile international rugby league game or any angst with the relationship with Rochdale Hornets.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/search/?q=fiji

When the former CEO stood up on 1 June 2021 to talk about his plans for greatness of the club to "thrive not survive" - guess what not one mention of a high profile international rugby league game or any angst with the relationship with Rochdale Hornets.

I'm not that clever but a pattern emerges.

The RFL noted that "the venue is no longer available this year" which we all know is untrue as both Dale and Hornets both openly state it was available but commercial terms could not be reached.
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/englands-world-cup-warm-up-game-with-fiji-m

So did Roger just simply forget that Hornets had asked him to host a big international rugby league fixture or did he just forget to write it all down?

It looks like another party screwed by Roger's seemingly abject forgetfulness. The leadership of Rochdale Hornets might want to join the long queue behind an Essex based payroll company operator, a Worksop based car dealer, a Wirral based teaboy and a Worsley based football dealmaker.

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 18:22 - Aug 5 with 1520 viewsBluebottle

Indeed, a game that had to be bid for 2 years prior, involved Hornets, Council, Link for Life, AGMA and presumably the Stadium Company, then underwent great scrutiny before the bid was deemed successful .
A far cry from the debacle that has unfolded this time.
http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/63797/rochdale-to-host-ma
Fans forum 4/8 announced on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 1494 viewsJames1980

Fans forum 4/8 announced on 17:51 - Aug 5 by Dalenet

20% of ticket value is VAT James. The income would be less
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 17:57]

I knew my maths was flawed. Here is some more: 'Tickets priced from £5-£50' mean average of that is £27.50 or £22.92 excluding VAT. 25% of £22.92 = £5.92 * 8500 = £48705
£51295 left to breakeven which is £6.02 in profit per attendee on average from food and drink sales
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 19:24]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024