Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Fiji RL at Spotland 18:56 - Jul 22 with 6142 viewsjudd

Anyone any idea if this game has been or will be rescheduled?

Anyone bought tickets and asked for a refund?

Hope it does go ahead. It was a great evening when Fiji played Ireland in the World Cup.

Poll: What is it to be then?

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 10:35 - Jul 27 with 2573 viewslenrichleysneighbour

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 22:01 - Jul 22 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/events/66668/events-in-rochdale/postponed-inter

Tickets were up to £50 if my old memory serves correctly. Not sure if that is value for money or not.

Was told this morning the match is off
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 10:50 - Jul 27 with 2503 viewsjudd

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 10:35 - Jul 27 by lenrichleysneighbour

Moved to AJ Bell stadium

https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1121/rochdale-hornets-will-no-longe

This really saddens me that terms could not be agreed, given the Fiji connection with Rochdale.

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 13:59 - Jul 27 with 2310 viewspioneer

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 10:50 - Jul 27 by judd

Moved to AJ Bell stadium

https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1121/rochdale-hornets-will-no-longe

This really saddens me that terms could not be agreed, given the Fiji connection with Rochdale.

Terms were obviously agreed last season for the game as originally scheduled. It would be good to know what has changed…if anything.

Not a good look for the town so hopefully more information will be forthcoming. So very disappointing for the Fiji community and a missed opportunity.

Is the trust able to shed some light on the situation through the board representation?
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 14:36 - Jul 27 with 2262 views442Dale

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 13:59 - Jul 27 by pioneer

Terms were obviously agreed last season for the game as originally scheduled. It would be good to know what has changed…if anything.

Not a good look for the town so hopefully more information will be forthcoming. So very disappointing for the Fiji community and a missed opportunity.

Is the trust able to shed some light on the situation through the board representation?

Would hope and expect this situation to be explained without the need for Trust involvement.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 15:00 - Jul 27 with 2204 viewskel

We all were. I believe it’s called a statement.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 15:01]
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 15:42 - Jul 27 with 2116 viewsMoonyDale

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 14:36 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

Would hope and expect this situation to be explained without the need for Trust involvement.

I'll be very dissapointed if there's not a statement from the club about this...Not because of any moaning Hornets may be doing but this will cause the club to be seen in a bad light and I for one am getting sick of the one way traffic of bad info coming from the egg chasers...We don't need the bad publicity and until we get our side of the story we don't know if we deserve the bad publicity.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 16:03 - Jul 27 with 2070 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/statement_27.07.22/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 16:16 - Jul 27 with 2033 viewsRAFCBLUE

Any comments on the position of Mazey now len?

Following a request by the CEO of Rochdale Council to both parties to do our best to agree a commercial agreement which covered all safety considerations and in the spirit of a working relationship, Head of Terms for the international fixture were provided by RAFC to Andy Mazey and Steve Kerr of Rochdale Hornets in March 2022.

These terms were never accepted. Instead on 19 April 2022, Rochdale Hornets chose to launch a legal action under the 2016 Lease against RAFC relating to the fixture pre-action letter of claim sent in accordance with the Practice Direction Pre-Action Conduct and Protocols of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998.

That legal action was subsequently withdrawn by Rochdale Hornets on 21 June 2022, since as there was no commercial agreement ever in place to host an international fixture and that the fixture was not covered by the 2016 Lease, there was and is no obligation forced on RAFC to host an international fixture without full safety provisions being in place alongside due commercial compensation for all costs doing so given the safety certificate for the international fixture and thus responsibilities under it all fall on RAFC.

Untenable?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 1856 viewshammerdale

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 15:00 - Jul 27 by kel

We all were. I believe it’s called a statement.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 15:01]

Well considering I was in Tescos when told, I could hardly have read the statement, your sarcasm knows no bounds. Looks like Hornets ballsed this one up though😊😊
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 18:03 - Jul 27 with 1843 viewshammerdale

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 17:59 - Jul 27 by hammerdale

Well considering I was in Tescos when told, I could hardly have read the statement, your sarcasm knows no bounds. Looks like Hornets ballsed this one up though😊😊

Fed up of games now congrats to Kel on his detective work😊😊😊😊
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 18:09 - Jul 27 with 1811 views49thseason

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 10:50 - Jul 27 by judd

Moved to AJ Bell stadium

So, Hornets have had a paddy and taken their egg home and all because they didnt consult with their landlord first. I have no idea who this bloke Mazey is but if he thinks he can go around organising games on our pitch without reaching an agreement to do so first, he clearly isnt the sharpest knife in the box. Indeed given the pittance of rent being paid, you might imagine that he would be being very careful to mind his P's and Q's and not leap into clown mode and start chucking legal letters around but alas he has and if the RAFC directors conclude that Hornets are more trouble than they are worth, who could blame them?
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:02 - Jul 27 with 1699 viewslenrichleysneighbour

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 18:09 - Jul 27 by 49thseason

So, Hornets have had a paddy and taken their egg home and all because they didnt consult with their landlord first. I have no idea who this bloke Mazey is but if he thinks he can go around organising games on our pitch without reaching an agreement to do so first, he clearly isnt the sharpest knife in the box. Indeed given the pittance of rent being paid, you might imagine that he would be being very careful to mind his P's and Q's and not leap into clown mode and start chucking legal letters around but alas he has and if the RAFC directors conclude that Hornets are more trouble than they are worth, who could blame them?

If you have no agreement in place, then you cannot expect the football club to honour something that wasn't in place, in the first instance.
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:15 - Jul 27 with 1639 viewsjudd

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:02 - Jul 27 by lenrichleysneighbour

If you have no agreement in place, then you cannot expect the football club to honour something that wasn't in place, in the first instance.

There clearly was an agreement originally, but not one that can be proven in writing

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:32 - Jul 27 with 1568 viewsnordenblue

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:02 - Jul 27 by lenrichleysneighbour

And the ever so usually vocal Mazey appears to now have disappeared off planet earth since the statement, where have we heard this behaviour before....
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 21:46 - Jul 27 with 1427 views49thseason

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:15 - Jul 27 by judd

There clearly was an agreement originally, but not one that can be proven in writing

Its just another symptom of a BoD that was completely asleep except on Saturday afternoons when there was free food and drink available and maybe an opportunity to do some business on their own behalves. Their attitude was that they were doing US a favour just allowing us to watch football and we should just shut up and do as we were told.
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 21:51 - Jul 27 with 1412 viewsRAFCBLUE

Or court.

Hornets withdrew their legal action seemingly because they knew that in any disclosure phase the lack of a written agreement would not stand up in court applying the law of the land.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 21:57 - Jul 27 with 1380 viewsjudd

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 19:32 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

And the ever so usually vocal Mazey appears to now have disappeared off planet earth since the statement, where have we heard this behaviour before....

To be fair he has been very enlightening and engaging on Twitter. Very interesting disclosures re 2021 agreement

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 01:16 - Jul 28 with 1242 viewsSandyman

Looking at it, Hornets have decided they will host an international game of Rugby League, on a ground they do not own, with no commercially agreed terms and conditions placed in writing. They dealt with Roger, which immediately makes all claims invalid. Seems they are a bit late on the take up where Roger is concerned. Hornets mugged as well. Take it up with Roger personally, not RAFC whom he has no association with now, thanks to our shareholders. Roger stiffed you, not RAFC.

It's like me saying to my mate wozzrafc, for example, The Rolling Stones are playing in your back garden at a day of my choosing. We don't need any paperwork, the health and safety aspect is on your tab and I want to make loads of money from it so don't dare to charge me for any of it or I will scweam and scweam and scweam until I am sick like Violet Elizabeth in the Just William stories to embarrass you.
He'd tell me to do one and rightly so.

It seems the twisted level of entitlement to something they do not own, and pay the cheapest rent ever to play on, makes them think they own the COA. They own nowt. If they want advertising or publicity or sponsorship or offices, they should pay the going rate. Use the Dale scoreboard? Pay the going rate. Adhere to stewarding rules as required by the owners of the ground - FFS pay the going rate!!!

A concept alien to Hornets for decades.
When they leave Spotland, it will hit them.
They know that. Violet Elizabeth remains as chairman. You can see the end game already. Not the first club he's ditched when the going got tough.
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 01:50 - Jul 28 with 1235 viewsTomRAFC

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 01:16 - Jul 28 by Sandyman

Looking at it, Hornets have decided they will host an international game of Rugby League, on a ground they do not own, with no commercially agreed terms and conditions placed in writing. They dealt with Roger, which immediately makes all claims invalid. Seems they are a bit late on the take up where Roger is concerned. Hornets mugged as well. Take it up with Roger personally, not RAFC whom he has no association with now, thanks to our shareholders. Roger stiffed you, not RAFC.

It's like me saying to my mate wozzrafc, for example, The Rolling Stones are playing in your back garden at a day of my choosing. We don't need any paperwork, the health and safety aspect is on your tab and I want to make loads of money from it so don't dare to charge me for any of it or I will scweam and scweam and scweam until I am sick like Violet Elizabeth in the Just William stories to embarrass you.

It seems the twisted level of entitlement to something they do not own, and pay the cheapest rent ever to play on, makes them think they own the COA. They own nowt. If they want advertising or publicity or sponsorship or offices, they should pay the going rate. Use the Dale scoreboard? Pay the going rate. Adhere to stewarding rules as required by the owners of the ground - FFS pay the going rate!!!

They know that. Violet Elizabeth remains as chairman. You can see the end game already. Not the first club he's ditched when the going got tough.

I don't suppose you're willing to let Sandy test the analogy, are you Wozz?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 06:32 - Jul 28 with 1158 viewswozzrafc

Too damn right I would!! I can just see mick strutting his stuff on the balcony of Harry’s house!!!

Mind you he’s not doing it for nowt, with a wink and a handshake. What type of balding, tear jerking, “loyal fan” tvvat does he think I am?
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 06:43 - Jul 28 with 1151 viewsNigeriamark

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 01:16 - Jul 28 by Sandyman

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, it's a pity for the town that self interest has gone before trying to get this game on. If there was the will, this could have gone ahead
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 07:48 - Jul 28 with 1080 viewskel

A pity for the town but after the trolling on here by 50% of their fanbase, Hornets can get to fook.
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 07:50 - Jul 28 with 1070 viewspioneer

England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 14:36 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

But the trust are represented on the board so they are involved.
England v Fiji RL at Spotland on 08:36 - Jul 28 with 1017 viewsTyroneShoelaces

I was talking to someone close to a Board member who was told
that a couple of the Board are pro Hornets, whatever that means,
but were in a minority so didn't win any of the battles
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024