Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 12:44 - Jul 25 with 28463 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first game of the season at a newly promoted side away from home. The likely outcome is obvious but we have to have some hope. A draw would be decent, these first games of the season away from home are no guide but can often end in defeat.

Away Fans Info
A decent place to meet is at the union club and the owner opens his front and back doors to away fans for all Rotherham United matches. Here are the details.

The Union Club, ( Transport Club )
Union Street,
Masbrough,
Rotherham S61 1AA

The owner Paul is on 07565853802 if you want to contact him to open up at a certain time. They sell a wide range of beers, cider and have a decent pub food menu. About a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Rotherham ‘Facts Explained ’
Gordon Banks is from Rotherham, he was a goalkeeper who only had one eye when he retired. Gordon in currently dead. Pocket Handkerchief Lane, now there’s a name to work with ? It’s a name of a lane in Rotherham. It is said that in this lane the Pocket Handkerchief was first conceived. Not literally. However we think that could be a load of bollocks. The Chuckle brothers are from Rotherham. Nowadays they are a singular act as one of them is also currently dead. Saxon and Jive Bunny are from the town, hard to work out I know. Especially when legend has it that Barnsley is where Saxon hail from. Even more difficult is Jive Bunny. They do come from Rotherham and often got themselves in a right pickle.

We know you won’t believe this but the first football was made out of cheese in Rotherham. It was made by a chap called Billy Miller. Billy was the cousin of another Rotherham great named William of Hague. Hence the nickname ‘The Millers’ That’s possibly enough true, startling and fun facts for now.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:31 - Jul 30 with 1742 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:30 - Jul 30 by Johnw102

That’s irrelevant it’s the 80% that matters ask Russ. 🤪

Yes,nut Russ says its work in progress and his way is the way. We trust him.

Right?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:32 - Jul 30 with 1720 viewsDr_Parnassus

We won’t get an easier away game than this all season.

They are clear favourites for bottom of the league and a budget 5 times smaller than ours.

These are the games we should be targeting for maximum points. It’s pointless excusing it already.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:32 - Jul 30 with 1728 viewsThrasher6

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:25 - Jul 30 by Thrasher6

80% possession...

It only took one cast....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:33 - Jul 30 with 1726 viewsBryanSwan

Our Wingbacks or whatever we are using are so ineffective, Latibaudiere and Sorinola both not cut out for it.
Playing some nice stuff up to the final ball, which hasnt been sharp.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:33 - Jul 30 with 1718 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Obafemi getting too cute when he just needs to turn and fire.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:33 - Jul 30 with 1706 viewsBoundy

Good ten minutes the rest so far , disappointing to say the least

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 1690 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:33 - Jul 30 by BryanSwan

Our Wingbacks or whatever we are using are so ineffective, Latibaudiere and Sorinola both not cut out for it.
Playing some nice stuff up to the final ball, which hasnt been sharp.

So why are they selected

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 1691 viewsBrynmill_Jack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:25 - Jul 30 by Algorfajack

Gone to pieces since the goal

This Swansea squad is the weakest mentally I’ve seen for many years. No backbone at all

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 1692 viewsmagicdaps10

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:29 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

How do you think we are doing thus far?

Struggling with their physicality and directness.

I wasn't anticipating an easy game, not a type of team we do well against plus they have a bit of the wind between their sails.

We need to calm it down and look after the ball, longer we chase it the more we will let it out of our sight.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:36 - Jul 30 with 1649 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:34 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

I wasn't anticipating an easy game, not a type of team we do well against plus they have a bit of the wind between their sails.

We need to calm it down and look after the ball, longer we chase it the more we will let it out of our sight.

Do you feel our coach has improved players and the players HE brought in have improved us?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:38 - Jul 30 with 1618 viewsmagicdaps10

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:36 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

Do you feel our coach has improved players and the players HE brought in have improved us?

Can't really answer that after one game let alone 34 minutes of the first game.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:39 - Jul 30 with 1599 viewsThrasher6

Boom

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:39 - Jul 30 with 1580 viewsBryanSwan

What a goal that is.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:40 - Jul 30 with 1549 viewsDr_Parnassus

Something at last

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:40 - Jul 30 with 1535 viewsoldtownjack

Get in! Right onwards and upwards and impose our game on them.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 15:41]

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:41 - Jul 30 with 1506 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:41 - Jul 30 with 1494 viewsonehunglow

Great strike
He s going to be a key player.
Now ,let's get a grip on this game and screw them.

They are very keen and physical

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:41 - Jul 30 with 1492 viewsBrynmill_Jack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:39 - Jul 30 by BryanSwan

What a goal that is.

Buffering but I’ll take your word for it!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 1475 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Not a bad strike

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 1469 viewsmagicdaps10

Welcome to Swansea Harry Darling 👏👏👏

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:43 - Jul 30 with 1419 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:38 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Can't really answer that after one game let alone 34 minutes of the first game.

Cracking answer
Good lad.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:43 - Jul 30 with 1414 viewsCatullus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:34 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Are our new centre backs not strong enough? One of them coming from the same division are Rotherham last season. Or am I just making a bad assumption?

Are our midfield not strong enough? Fulton is playing though and he adds grit.

At least Darling can get his shots on target now he needs to defend a but better against the "directness"

Hopefully getting that goal will boost us on to win.

Is anyone actually watching the game, are we still playing too much football in our own last third?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:43 - Jul 30 with 1412 viewsBoundy

O my Darling O my Darling

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:43 - Jul 30 with 1394 viewsonehunglow

Well done Andy

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:44 - Jul 30 with 1378 viewsBryanSwan

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:41 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Buffering but I’ll take your word for it!

First one not afraid to have a pop. We really do need to shoot more often when we get around the box.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024