Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving 14:45 - Aug 2 with 3058 viewsSaintNick

Leicester might have a difficult summer, Kasper Schmeichel is having a medical with Nice and at 35 is being allowed to leave , add to that James Maddison to Newcastle with a £50 m bid on the table and Wesley Fofana, Harvey Barnes and Youri Tielemans all also being linked with a move.

Add to that no signings made so far with only days to go before the season and Leicester fans must be worried.

In goal looks like Danny Ward will be in to replace Schmeichel having been his understudy for the last 4 years.

Leicester have allowed their side to get old Jamie Vardy will be 36 in January

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 12:47 - Aug 3 with 934 views1ASIN12

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 11:30 - Aug 3 by dirk_doone

The problem is that people accept and even praise our underachievement as if we are not worthy of anything better. It reminds me of the Two Ronnies sketch, "I know my place."

A typical club of our size should have won around 4 major trophies by now. Even Little Pompey have won that many. We should at least be trying hard to win our second. Instead we have some fans (fortunately not all) pleased that we reached a semi-final and got knocked out by Leicester and even regarding it as overchievement.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:32]

Agree with all of this.

I had a debate at work after the league cup final where they were saying what a great day it was and how well we played and how proud they were etc.

I said we played well but we lost and that over shadowed for me the whole day.

Maya Yoshida mentions in his book that the majority of Southampton (players, fans , directors) treated the final as a great day out where as Manchester United wanted to win and he felt at the end of the day that mentality won it for them.

I guess that's maybe what makes a good player into a great player .

If i lived in Leicester and supported them i would have seem them win :

1 1st division title
1 FA cup
2 League Cups
2 2nd Division titles
1 3rd |Division title.

And that's a club i used to think were the same size club and fanbase as us.

Instead i have seen Saints win 1 paint pot trophy in the same time.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 14:25]
Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 14:05 - Aug 3 with 876 viewssledger

Lets hope they get relegated then we wont have to put up with that champions of england youll never win that cr*p
Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 14:33 - Aug 3 with 850 viewspjt50

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 11:30 - Aug 3 by dirk_doone

The problem is that people accept and even praise our underachievement as if we are not worthy of anything better. It reminds me of the Two Ronnies sketch, "I know my place."

A typical club of our size should have won around 4 major trophies by now. Even Little Pompey have won that many. We should at least be trying hard to win our second. Instead we have some fans (fortunately not all) pleased that we reached a semi-final and got knocked out by Leicester and even regarding it as overchievement.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:32]

Who are these typical clubs of our size that you're comparing us to (apart from Leicester)?

It's not surprising that Pompey have won more than us in their history. By the time we finally reached the old Division One in 1966 they'd already spent 26 seasons in the top flight. When Fratton Park was attracting crowds of 51000 in the 1940s we were still struggling to cram 32000 into the Dell.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 19:18 - Aug 3 with 761 viewsBicester_North

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 14:33 - Aug 3 by pjt50

Who are these typical clubs of our size that you're comparing us to (apart from Leicester)?

It's not surprising that Pompey have won more than us in their history. By the time we finally reached the old Division One in 1966 they'd already spent 26 seasons in the top flight. When Fratton Park was attracting crowds of 51000 in the 1940s we were still struggling to cram 32000 into the Dell.

From post war, similar sized clubs to saints in terms of all time average attendance, Norwich have won 2 Major trophies, Ipswich 3, Forest about 10, Leicester 5, Coventry 1, Derby 3, Sheff U 0, WBA 3, Middlesbrough 1, Stoke 1, Skates 3

If you don’t include Forest the average is over 2 trophies, so we should have at least one more

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 22:00 - Aug 3 with 704 viewspjt50

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 19:18 - Aug 3 by Bicester_North

From post war, similar sized clubs to saints in terms of all time average attendance, Norwich have won 2 Major trophies, Ipswich 3, Forest about 10, Leicester 5, Coventry 1, Derby 3, Sheff U 0, WBA 3, Middlesbrough 1, Stoke 1, Skates 3

If you don’t include Forest the average is over 2 trophies, so we should have at least one more

Interesting that only 2 of these (inc. Forest) are currently in the Premier League. I don't think I'd change places with any of the rest.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 22:34 - Aug 3 with 671 viewsBicester_North

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 22:00 - Aug 3 by pjt50

Interesting that only 2 of these (inc. Forest) are currently in the Premier League. I don't think I'd change places with any of the rest.

I loathe making the numbers up in the Premier league these days so to have won a UEFA cup like Ipswich and take a few more years in the championship and league 1 would be alright

As for the rest excluding Forest and Leicester no I probably wouldn’t change places either

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 23:57 - Aug 3 with 607 viewsBicester_North

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 12:47 - Aug 3 by 1ASIN12

Agree with all of this.

I had a debate at work after the league cup final where they were saying what a great day it was and how well we played and how proud they were etc.

I said we played well but we lost and that over shadowed for me the whole day.

Maya Yoshida mentions in his book that the majority of Southampton (players, fans , directors) treated the final as a great day out where as Manchester United wanted to win and he felt at the end of the day that mentality won it for them.

I guess that's maybe what makes a good player into a great player .

If i lived in Leicester and supported them i would have seem them win :

1 1st division title
1 FA cup
2 League Cups
2 2nd Division titles
1 3rd |Division title.

And that's a club i used to think were the same size club and fanbase as us.

Instead i have seen Saints win 1 paint pot trophy in the same time.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 14:25]

I think it was Jamie Vardy that lost us the final against Man United, not mentality

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 452 viewsdirk_doone

I was thare and I'd say it was Claude Puel subbing Gabbiadini that lost us that final. Gabbiadini was having the game of his life and looked on course to lead us to victory but the game totally turned in Man United's favour when Puel took him off.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 13:56]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester In Crisis, Schmeichel Leaving on 16:46 - Aug 4 with 390 viewsPoirot

I think theyre heading for £300m in debt ,but a good 70% of that is owned to the owner. It was only a matter of time before other clubs came knocking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024